Sarkeesian on ABC

nj4ck

I'm glad the Gamergate "scandal" is over.

On one side, you have this crazy, who's making mass generalizations about men.

On the other side you have people clamoring for "ethics in games journalism", which I fail to see the importance of.

In the words of Steven Colbert, "what would I do if I couldn't count on TMZ to be ethical reporters?"

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

I'm glad the Gamergate "scandal" is over.

On one side, you have this crazy, who's making mass generalizations about men.

On the other side you have people clamoring for "ethics in games journalism", which I fail to see the importance of.

In the words of Steven Colbert, "what would I do if I couldn't count on TMZ to be ethical reporters?"

You fail to see the importance of ethics in games journalism? So because the journalism is about gaming, that somehow makes ethics unimportant?

Think about that for a minute.

Regular journalism has your varying degrees too, with your tabloid/sketch/unethical sources, and then you've got your reputable sources. Gaming is no different. YES there will always be unethical journalists in gaming to some degree or another, but we need to hold the gaming journalism industry as a whole up to a standard.

Imagine if you couldn't trust any reviews at all? Yeah, some you probably can't trust (Like IGN), but what about all the YouTube presenters? Like TotalBiscuit, etc. They are part of gaming journalism too.

If you don't care about ethics in journalism, then you don't care about getting accurate and (reasonably) unbiased information.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

You fail to see the importance of ethics in games journalism? So because the journalism is about gaming, that somehow makes ethics unimportant?

Regular journalism has your varying degrees too, with your tabloid/sketch/unethical sources, and then you've got your reputable sources. Gaming is no different. YES there will always be unethical journalists in gaming to some degree or another, but we need to hold the gaming journalism industry as a whole up to a standard.

Imagine if you couldn't trust any reviews at all? Yeah, some you probably can't trust (Like IGN), but what about all the YouTube presenters? Like TotalBiscuit, etc. They are part of gaming journalism too.

If you don't care about ethics in journalism, then you don't care about getting accurate and (reasonably) unbiased information.

Other than reviews, which are always slanted in some way or another, what other types of articles could be unethical? Opinion articles are subjective and news will be reported by hundreds of other sources. So what, one journalist is unethical. Stop reading their website.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

ABC and this waste of space can both piss off.

This woman and media like ABC  is the reason why I hate people.

I hope she gets abducted by aliens...

Why would  you wish that evil on them? She's our problem.

That said, I wouldn't particularly mind it.  :lol:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Although 'ethics in games journalism' may have started on noble grounds, but it's been predominately used as a bully pulpit to publicly shame writers who for some reason or another rub the Internet community the wrong way. Like the PC Gamer writer, who wrote an opinion piece about how the PC Master race isn't such a great title. Before that piece, no one gave a crap that he'd been dating a Ubsoft customer service/pr person since the SUMMER OF LAST YEAR. Once the piece dropped and riled up the pissed off slueths, his relationship, only then, became a big deal.

That said, it's really quite hypocritcal to want reviews, and want them to be free of biases, when a review is infact about the interpretation of a game through one's biases. Total Biscuit isn't apart of games journalism; he's a personality, and acts accordingly. All you need to do to get TB into a mouth-foaming 5 minute rant is to present a clunky options menu; no legitimate journalist would do such a thing.

Other than reviews, which are always slanted in some way or another, what other types of articles could be unethical? Opinion articles are subjective and news will be reported by hundreds of other sources. So what, one journalist is unethical. Stop reading their website.

You just don't get it at all.

One journalist? No. Open your eyes. It is spreading like a virus. If we don't stop this now, we will see more of this ABC bullshit. Media and people lying over the air, influencing people to think a certain way, massive censorship to not only our games but other forms of media (movies, books, comics—you name it!), generalizing and hurting certain people etc etc. What's more, this is about getting the TRUTH. If you don't care to know the truth, then you are apart of the problem. -_-

Although 'ethics in games journalism' may have started on noble grounds, but it's been predominately used as a bully pulpit to publish shame writers who for some reason or another rub the Internet community the wrong way. Like the PC Gamer writer, who wrote an opinion piece about how the PC Master race isn't such a great title. Before that piece, no one gave a crap that he'd been dating a Ubsoft customer service/pr person since the SUMMER OF LAST YEAR. Once the piece dropped and riled up the pissed off slueths, his relationship, only then, became a big deal.

Actually, had they been truthful about it the entire time, I still would have been pissed. Regardless of his opinion on PC Master Race. Journalism and the media should not have "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" going on. Not ever.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Actually, had they been truthful about it the entire time, I still would have been pissed. Regardless of his opinion on PC Master Race. Journalism and the media should not have "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" going on. Not ever.

Which is totally why you didn't care enough to find out the information available since last summer?

You can be pissed all you want, but unless you want people to take 'ethics in games journalism' seriously, then I'd strongly suggest you make an effort to dig into EVERY SINGLE writer. Otherwise, it will continue to be a bully pulpit for those that somehow piss off the legions of keyboard warriors with stories that we should encourage them to be writing.

Which is totally why you didn't care enough to find out the information available since last summer?

You can be pissed all you want, but unless you want people to take 'ethics in games journalism' seriously, then I'd strongly suggest you make an effort to dig into EVERY SINGLE writer. Otherwise, it will continue to be a bully pulpit for those that somehow piss off the legions of keyboard warriors with stories that we should encourage them to be writing.

How would I personally find this tidbit of information out? It isn't like he wrote it out someplace on the internet for me to Google. I'm no Google master, and it should have been said by the journalist himself.

The media shouldn't lie or hide things like this from its audience. Though I agree; we should start digging and revealing who else is doing this, and then stamp them out. -_-

The fix is simple, educate the people who aren't familiar with the blasphemy she spews. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

The fix is simple, educate the people who aren't familiar with the blasphemy she spews. 

How though? I seriously doubt the media will allow the other side to even get a small quote in, let alone defend themselves and prove this woman and all her brainless lackeys are liars hell bent on dominating the world with their extreme feminism.

If you seen any of her videos from her kickstarter campaign, you'll know she's full of BS and only using this issue for the attention. 

That being said, does she deserve all those death threats? no

do i agree with her? hell no

90% of the death threats are from egg-accounts on twitter that had been created only minutes before the screenshot was taken. So yeah, that's pretty suspicious.

90% of the death threats are from egg-accounts on twitter that had been created only minutes before the screenshot was taken. So yeah, that's pretty suspicious.

It truly is. And even if they weren't created minutes before the screenshots, it doesn't actually prove anything. In fact, I do believe a certain group of people actually proved a lot of the tweets were by her followers or were not connected, at all, to gamers or gamergate.

How though? I seriously doubt the media will allow the other side to even get a small quote in, let alone defend themselves and prove this woman and all her brainless lackeys are liars hell bent on dominating the world with their extreme feminism.

you basically do the something as here except with how it actually is with real research that isn't sided. Get that to gain traction just as she has. And dont fuck it up by stooping to her level or targeting her in the process.

It truly is. And even if they weren't created minutes before the screenshots, it doesn't actually prove anything. In fact, I do believe a certain group of people actually proved a lot of the tweets were by her followers or were not connected, at all, to gamers or gamergate.

Yep everything is a conspiracy *rolls eyes*

Feminazis poisons Everything.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Feminazis poisons Everything.

Except when you disregard their existence.

Yep everything is a conspiracy *rolls eyes*

No, but when something doesn’t add up, you question it.

You'd be an idiot not to when all of the sudden accounts were created to "attack" her and then the screenshots came up to prove her point that gamers = sexist while males.

*just so you know, I'm not saying "YOU' would be an idiot. It is not a direct reference to you.

No, but when something doesn’t add up, you question it.

You'd be an idiot not to when all of the sudden accounts were created to "attack" her and then the screenshots came up to prove her point that gamers = sexist while males.

*just so you know, I'm not saying "YOU' would be an idiot. It is not a direct reference to you.

Or you could take the other route and just out maneuver her. You can question things and look into thing but unless you have proof, as in something that holds up, dont claim that it happened.

Or you could take the other route and just out maneuver her. You can question things and look into thing but unless you have proof, as in something that holds up, dont claim that it happened.

Okay? That's basically what I was talking about. Which was finding proof that the accounts were dupes/false gamers created to fuel the flames of her story.

Okay? That's basically what I was talking about. Which was finding proof that the accounts were dupes/false gamers created to fuel the flames of her story.

Did you actually find proof of this? If so post it up.

you basically do the something as here except with how it actually is with real research that isn't sided. Get that to gain traction just as she has. And dont fuck it up by stooping to her level or targeting her in the process.

That's been done by many people countless times, it will never become mainstream-media material. The reason for that is that the media needs drama, needs death threats, needs a specific enemy to condemn. The reason why Anita is so popular is that her image as the victim of absolutely everything is so perfect. She speaks out about something, supposedly recieves death threats and DDoS attacks and "fears for her life", all because she, the poor victim of all this, dared to speak out against the "evil gamers". Its a perfect story. A hero, a villain, drama, its all there. The truth just isn't dramatic and interesting enough.

That's why so many people believe that she has been fabricating death threats. Not just because there is evidence suggesting that, but also because she has greatly benefitted from them. Without the death threats, she wouldn't be famous.

That's been done by many people countless times, it will never become mainstream-media material. The reason for that is that the media needs drama, needs death threats, needs a specific enemy to condemn. The reason why Anita is so popular is that her image as the victim of absolutely everything is so perfect. She speaks out about something, supposedly recieves death threats and DDoS attacks and "fears for her life", all because she, the poor victim of all this, dared to speak out against the "evil gamers". Its a perfect story. A hero, a villain, drama, its all there. The truth just isn't dramatic and interesting enough.

That's why so many people believe that she has been fabricating death threats. Not just because there is evidence suggesting that, but also because she has greatly benefitted from them. Without the death threats, she wouldn't be famous.

If you do it right you can make it work. She just didnt get there without effort. She also didnt start with the main stream media so dont think your going to get there right away. Find someone who will do this and back them instead of being against her. She has had momentum for some time without the death threats so she just wouldnt have been as "famous". Sh could have likely gotten where she is now with more time. Its just like anything else really. How does one become a "famous" Youtuber, etc.

No, as it really was a question to the public here to find it for me (not a google master yet). lol but I went searching and found this, if it will interest you. It kind of shows just how odd the tweets were. I mean...twelve seconds and while she is logged out? Really. :rolleyes:

BwJNnfUCAAA9VrZ.jpg

Please watch this too.

http://www.staresattheworld.com/2014/09/anita-sarkeesian-fabricate-story-contacting-authorities/

She's clearly a liar. The proof is in this video and the representative of San Francisco area. Give me some more time. I'm trying to find the source I mentioned early about finding out several of the accounts from the "march assault" were fake.

Its hard to find proof of that when you're not the FBI. But there is evidence.

Anita tweeted this:

anitatweet.png

With this screenshot attached:

Sarkeesian-threats.jpg

Notice how the person who took the screenshot (presumably Anita) was logged out of twitter at the time the screenshot was taken. Also notice how there is nothing in the search bar, meaning that whoever took the screenshot had either entered the direct URL of this twitter page, or for some reason had deleted the search (which makes no sense).

Also notice how the last tweet was sent 12 seconds before the screenshot was taken, with all the tweets being sent within a timeframe of 3 minutes.

So in order for this story to check out, whoever took the screenshot (again, presumably Anita), would have had to know this user was tweeting these threats without being logged in to twitter, then enter the exact URL of this user's account within 3 minutes of the first tweet being sent and then take a screenshot. Or maybe just fabricate the tweets, then log out and take a screenshot. Who knows.

Its also interesting to note how the account was apparently created solely for those tweets and how all the tweets have perfect spelling and punctuation, which doesn't sound like a raging gamergater to me. Even though I wouldn't count that as evidence in this case, the whole thing does look a little scripted.

EDIT:

I do want to add this: online threats to women are real. It happens. There are a lot of sick people out there and unfortunately most of these people are teenage boys, the type you meet when playing call of duty on xbox. That doesn't mean that these threats are connected in any way to gamergate or to the general gaming communtiy. Its the same thing with muslims and terrorism, a few wackos shoot or bomb some people, and immediately the right-wing media tries to use it to make people believe that all muslims are terrorists. This is exactly the same, only that we are dealing with possibly fabricated death threats and the left-wing media.

If you do it right you can make it work. She just didnt get there without effort. She also didnt start with the main stream media so dont think your going to get there right away. Find someone who will do this and back them instead of being against her. She has had momentum for some time without the death threats so she just wouldnt have been as "famous". Sh could have likely gotten where she is now with more time. Its just like anything else really. How does one become a "famous" Youtuber, etc.

...but every single News story is based primarily on the death threats...? That's what this entire ABC Nighline piece is about.