CS:GO question and how I came to love this game.

Zach's Tech Tips

yeah its better than pay to win, and its fair enough, if people want to spend money on skins and items that support e-sport

but it actually ruins the game for me a little, the skins and knives look really stupid, for a pretty serious looking game, if people run around the corner with an m4 covered in bananas haha

I wish there was a way that I could turn off seeing them 

It is a game, not a counter-terrorist-simulation.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

It is a game, not a counter-terrorist-simulation.

oh thanks, I thought I was controlling real people >< still ruins my immersion, just as stupid looking maps and annoying sound plug ins too too

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

yjYHwFT.jpg

Love my knife. 

And no, it's my precious! 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Knives are so damn expensive.... My favourite one would be M9 Bayonet urban masked.

I used to play a lot of GO but quit. Got burned out but also realised how bad and unpolished this game is. MM is a joke. Valve are huuuge money whores who focus more on skins than the big issues of the game. The community is one of the worst ever but that doesn't surprise me.

Also the sound is terrible, worse than in 1.6 a game from 1999. Most streamers open cases,dont actually play the game.

Good old 1.6 best cs

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I used to play a lot of GO but quit. Got burned out but also realised how bad and unpolished this game is. MM is a joke. Valve are huuuge money whores who focus more on skins than the big issues of the game. The community is one of the worst ever but that doesn't surprise me.

Also the sound is terrible, worse than in 1.6 a game from 1999. Most streamers open cases,dont actually play the game.

Good old 1.6 best cs

Hold on, hold on. You just sound like one of those people who is so nostalgic about 1.6, you fail to realise that GO isn't a bad game at all. Just because people care so much about the skins doesn't mean that the devs do too. Yes, it does help to bring in more money, but you don't have to buy the cases, or the skins for that matter. I didn't for about 400 hours of playing the game and one day was just gifted a skin, liking it, I wanted to get some more. And no, lately they haven't been focusing on the skins over the functionality of the game, and I don't believe they ever have. People enjoy the customisability of games and will use the skins to feel more unique within the game. Granted, it goes too far, causing games to be thrown and streamers just opening the cases, which, I agree is utterly pointless. 

Over the past few months to half of last year, the devs have been rolling out large patches, patches that have tried to remove bugs, such as the boost on Inferno on the B sight, behind New Box, on way wall bangs, pixel walking and so on. These, along with many others have been patched out of the game and have made the game more fun to play. Granted, there are still some issues with the game, but that can also be said for 1.6, which has been out since 99. CS:GO is just over 2 years old and is still being patched and improved with customer and pro feedback. Take the boost on Overpass for example that allowed the CT side to see pretty much the entire map, not allowing the T side to have any tactical advantage over the CT's. The boost that was made public in Dreamhack Winter. It was patched that night. Maybe you'd say that's to cover themselves up, but what about the boost spot on the original Dust back in 1.6? 

Yes, I agree that Matchmaking isn't the best, however there are free and also paid alternatives. Such as ESEA and CEVO. Both of which offer 128 tick servers and more anti cheat services too. There are ways to play the game without using the Valve servers. For me, the MM service is an easy way to play, no need to install or sign up to anything else, just need the game to play some competitive fun. And people care about their ranks, wrongly or rightly. It's a great feeling to rank up and a terrible feeling to rank down, giving people more reason to play on the terrible 64 tick servers that Valve provides. 

Taking off your nostalgic goggles, there will be more the the same amount of little bugs and glitches that are in CS:GO. Not only that, but I would say that the community of 1.6 and GO are just as bad as each other. Being someone that keeps themselves away from the bad side of the community, not just in CS:GO, but in all games, I could say that it is the best of all the games. Especially when all I hear about 1.6 players is their constant bitching on how the game is better than the rest, usually giving some blind and unstructured argument onto why they believe that. Onto the sound element of the game though. I don't know how you can say that 1.6 is better with how muddy it sounds, especially when it comes to foot steps. But maybe you prefer the muffled sound of an AK and the constant sound of walking through damp mud, to each his own. 

For me, the biggest issue right now is the cheaters in GO, not just in casual MM games, but in the pro scene as well. Hackers are something that really ruins any game, and there will still be some in 1.6 and Source. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Hold on, hold on. You just sound like one of those people who is so nostalgic about 1.6, you fail to realise that GO isn't a bad game at all. Just because people care so much about the skins doesn't mean that the devs do too. Yes, it does help to bring in more money, but you don't have to buy the cases, or the skins for that matter. I didn't for about 400 hours of playing the game and one day was just gifted a skin, liking it, I wanted to get some more. And no, lately they haven't been focusing on the skins over the functionality of the game, and I don't believe they ever have. People enjoy the customisability of games and will use the skins to feel more unique within the game. Granted, it goes too far, causing games to be thrown and streamers just opening the cases, which, I agree is utterly pointless. 

Over the past few months to half of last year, the devs have been rolling out large patches, patches that have tried to remove bugs, such as the boost on Inferno on the B sight, behind New Box, on way wall bangs, pixel walking and so on. These, along with many others have been patched out of the game and have made the game more fun to play. Granted, there are still some issues with the game, but that can also be said for 1.6, which has been out since 99. CS:GO is just over 2 years old and is still being patched and improved with customer and pro feedback. Take the boost on Overpass for example that allowed the CT side to see pretty much the entire map, not allowing the T side to have any tactical advantage over the CT's. The boost that was made public in Dreamhack Winter. It was patched that night. Maybe you'd say that's to cover themselves up, but what about the boost spot on the original Dust back in 1.6? 

Yes, I agree that Matchmaking isn't the best, however there are free and also paid alternatives. Such as ESEA and CEVO. Both of which offer 128 tick servers and more anti cheat services too. There are ways to play the game without using the Valve servers. For me, the MM service is an easy way to play, no need to install or sign up to anything else, just need the game to play some competitive fun. And people care about their ranks, wrongly or rightly. It's a great feeling to rank up and a terrible feeling to rank down, giving people more reason to play on the terrible 64 tick servers that Valve provides. 

Taking off your nostalgic goggles, there will be more the the same amount of little bugs and glitches that are in CS:GO. Not only that, but I would say that the community of 1.6 and GO are just as bad as each other. Being someone that keeps themselves away from the bad side of the community, not just in CS:GO, but in all games, I could say that it is the best of all the games. Especially when all I hear about 1.6 players is their constant bitching on how the game is better than the rest, usually giving some blind and unstructured argument onto why they believe that. Onto the sound element of the game though. I don't know how you can say that 1.6 is better with how muddy it sounds, especially when it comes to foot steps. But maybe you prefer the muffled sound of an AK and the constant sound of walking through damp mud, to each his own. 

For me, the biggest issue right now is the cheaters in GO, not just in casual MM games, but in the pro scene as well. Hackers are something that really ruins any game, and there will still be some in 1.6 and Source. 

The free alternatives to MM like CEVO and FACEIT are total crap. Full of raging people who leave and ruin it and keep trolling and full of silvers(fine for othjer sivlers but not for those who want more of a challenge) which leaves only ESEA to me and I dont want to pay for that no thanks.

I agree this game has come a long way from 2012 to now but GO is still a very messy game with loads of huge flaws for example jumping hitboxes - i should hit someone in air if i aim at them, no? Stop defending Valve so much for example this hitbox crap has been in the game for so long and Valve didnt do crap to fix it. I don't even know how they though bringing in the CZ was a good idea and had there not been those skins they like to make all the monays off it could have been removed.

The whole pro scene in GO is a huge joke, with so many games being DDOSed and as you mentioned the hackers it's a mess not to mention teams intentionally losing to win skins for themselves.

As far as the sound goes I meant the directional sound, like the fact that you cant even ehar good enough if the bomb is lpanted up or down on Nuke, etc. 1.6 was way better in this.

I'm not a 1.6 fanboy I never have been but that game is much more stable and less filled with loads of crap than GO is. Why would Valve evne release the Chroma update instead of fixing more important things? Why fiddle with the P250 ammo count if it's completely fine? Waste of time that could have gone into better things.

Yes it's improved since 2012 noticeably but in it's current state it's still a not so good game. Stop defending poor Valve so much. 

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

They weren't even factory new though

thats still 2 more knives than me!

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

I love CSGO, although I don't play it that much at the moment. I never bothered with skins that much, even though I do want them, and I think there should be a better way of earning them in game. It's just a massive waste of money though imo. Not so much because of what it is, I just don't play the game that much or care about it enough for it to be worth it.

Good old 1.6 best cs

lol.

CPU: Amd fx 8120 3.9ghz...Motherboard: Asus m5a97 evo R:2.0...RAM: 8gb 1600 kingston hyperx blu...GPU: XFX R9 280x ...CASE: Nzxt h440...

HDD: Kingston adata ssd 500 gigs, wd blue 500gb...PSU: Corsair gs700...Monitors: Asus vk222h Cooler: Noctua nh-d14...Keyboard:coolermaster masterkeys m...Mouse: logitech g300...Headphones: Logitech g430

I have spent around 10 euro, on the in-game items, most of them the operations, got mysefl on a drop(lucky as fuck) a p250 nuclear threat minimal ware, (56euros), sold it, bought some skins, bet them(with tons of research of course) got to 100 euro, bought a nice bayonet night field tested. Now so basicaly spent 20 on valve "thingys" got myself a 80 euro in return, im good :D.

CPU: Amd fx 8120 3.9ghz...Motherboard: Asus m5a97 evo R:2.0...RAM: 8gb 1600 kingston hyperx blu...GPU: XFX R9 280x ...CASE: Nzxt h440...

HDD: Kingston adata ssd 500 gigs, wd blue 500gb...PSU: Corsair gs700...Monitors: Asus vk222h Cooler: Noctua nh-d14...Keyboard:coolermaster masterkeys m...Mouse: logitech g300...Headphones: Logitech g430

Good old 1.6 best cs

You talk like someone who never played CS 1.6 and CS:GO and you are just trashtalking because you read some stuff on HLTV.

You know it took them 4 years before 1.6 came out? 4 years of tweaking and balancing. Before 1.6 CS wasn't that great in terms of balance, hitboxes etc etc.

CS 1.6 came out in 2003, not in 1999.

The community is just as bad as it was 10 years ago. Actually, it's better now because the majority of pro players are adults now. 10 years ago pro players were 16 years old spoiled dickheads.

And there is a decent Pro scene now. 10 years ago the Pro scene was there just for hardcore fans.

The sound works just fine. Try to setup your headphones and then talk because I can tell everytime where the bomb was planted.

CS:GO has problems just like every game out there and the jumping hitboxes are the biggest problem but every decent player knows how to get around that problem.

The model ( client hitbox ) reaches a higher point than the actual hitbox ( server hitbox ). All you have to do is aim a little bit lower.

It's a problem but you can get around it. 

Skins don't give you any advantage so I don't see why would you whine about those. You don't like them? Don't buy them.

Easy as that.

I don't understand people like you whining about the Matchmaking.

Back in the 1.6/Source days you had to join a league or look for mixes on IRC to play CS the way it's supposed to be played. 5v5.

And IRC was the cancer because it was full of retards claiming to be HS and then they were terrible. Or HS players looking for LS and then you would find terrible games.

In 1.6/Source you had to get a team and play against other teams in order to get a decent experience.

In GO you have a decent MM. Unless you are below DMG. Below DMG everyone is terrible.

In GO you can play against pros and other good players if you are decent. In 1.6 something like that was a lot harder because getting inside the circle was a lot harder.

About the pistols.

In 1.6 the only non-default pistol used was the Deagle. In GO every pistol is decent.

It gives you more ways to play the game.

The CZ was nerfed. It's still strong but it's better than 3 months ago.

The ammo count for the P250 made 0 difference.

The pro scene is a joke because pro players are kids, not because the game is bad.

DDoSing is not 100% their fault. DDoSing was there 10 years ago as well. 

Same with cheating and throws.

Also, mostly NA teams throw for skins and similar and the NA competitive scene is a joke. It always has been.

And remember, Valve is there to make money, not to be your friend.

Valve has Steam and 2 big E-Sports games to think about before they think about your needs.

And saying that Valve is doing nothing is retarded. A month ago they detected almost every public and private cheat on the market and there was a huge ban wave. That's nothing?

EA, Activision and Ubisoft release 15 dlcs a year and sell terrible games for $60 and the moment Valve introduces skins ( that don't give you any advantage ), Valve is the money whore.

Ok.

I used to play competitive back in the 1.6 days and the game was great but it had it's pros and cons.

Just like CS:GO. The only BIG difference between CS:GO and 1.6 are the maps.

In 1.6 there were 5 maps played in competitive.

Tuscan, Dust 2, Inferno, Nuke and Train.

2 T maps, 1 balanced map and 2 CT maps.

In CS:GO there are way too many maps and they are almost all CT maps. That's the only REAL problem.

You talk like someone who never played CS 1.6 and CS:GO and you are just trashtalking because you read some stuff on HLTV.

You know it took them 4 years before 1.6 came out? 4 years of tweaking and balancing. Before 1.6 CS wasn't that great in terms of balance, hitboxes etc etc.

CS 1.6 came out in 2003, not in 1999.

The community is just as bad as it was 10 years ago. Actually, it's better now because the majority of pro players are adults now. 10 years ago pro players were 16 years old spoiled dickheads.

And there is a decent Pro scene now. 10 years ago the Pro scene was there just for hardcore fans.

The sound works just fine. Try to setup your headphones and then talk because I can tell everytime where the bomb was planted.

CS:GO has problems just like every game out there and the jumping hitboxes are the biggest problem but every decent player knows how to get around that problem.

The model ( client hitbox ) reaches a higher point than the actual hitbox ( server hitbox ). All you have to do is aim a little bit lower.

It's a problem but you can get around it.

Skins don't give you any advantage so I don't see why would you whine about those. You don't like them? Don't buy them.

Easy as that.

I don't understand people like you whining about the Matchmaking.

Back in the 1.6/Source days you had to join a league or look for mixes on IRC to play CS the way it's supposed to be played. 5v5.

And IRC was the cancer because it was full of retards claiming to be HS and then they were terrible. Or HS players looking for LS and then you would find terrible games.

In 1.6/Source you had to get a team and play against other teams in order to get a decent experience.

In GO you have a decent MM. Unless you are below DMG. Below DMG everyone is terrible.

In GO you can play against pros and other good players if you are decent. In 1.6 something like that was a lot harder because getting inside the circle was a lot harder.

About the pistols.

In 1.6 the only non-default pistol used was the Deagle. In GO every pistol is decent.

It gives you more ways to play the game.

The CZ was nerfed. It's still strong but it's better than 3 months ago.

The ammo count for the P250 made 0 difference.

The pro scene is a joke because pro players are kids, not because the game is bad.

DDoSing is not 100% their fault. DDoSing was there 10 years ago as well.

Same with cheating and throws.

Also, mostly NA teams throw for skins and similar and the NA competitive scene is a joke. It always has been.

And remember, Valve is there to make money, not to be your friend.

Valve has Steam and 2 big E-Sports games to think about before they think about your needs.

And saying that Valve is doing nothing is retarded. A month ago they detected almost every public and private cheat on the market and there was a huge ban wave. That's nothing?

EA, Activision and Ubisoft release 15 dlcs a year and sell terrible games for $60 and the moment Valve introduces skins ( that don't give you any advantage ), Valve is the money whore.

Ok.

I used to play competitive back in the 1.6 days and the game was great but it had it's pros and cons.

Just like CS:GO. The only BIG difference between CS:GO and 1.6 are the maps.

In 1.6 there were 5 maps played in competitive.

Tuscan, Dust 2, Inferno, Nuke and Train.

2 T maps, 1 balanced map and 2 CT maps.

In CS:GO there are way too many maps and they are almost all CT maps. That's the only REAL problem.

I agree both 1.6 and GO have a lot of big problems but as a whole I still find CS to be very sloppy and messy as a esport game in general. It got so much bigger in the past years but compared to a game like LOL(speaking in terms of how polished the 2 are I still think GO is so far behind) Maybe its easier to make it work w mobas and riot has much more ppl working on the game but even if i dont compare GO to lol and take it for what it is it still has big problems

Specs of my PC:

I wrote a great review for CS:GO recently. http://steamcommunity.com/id/Chiller252/recommended/730/

If you enjoy conventional FPS games and the way they work and you expect this game to behave in the same way, you will probably rage quit within the first 10-30 minutes of playing. You have to be willing to learn how Counter-Strike differs from other FPS games and you have to be willing to explore new tactics.

The weapons in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive all have their own unique spray pattern (recoil pattern) which rises above the reticle while spraying an automatic weapon. If you don't learn these spray patterns, you will keep aiming at players, but you will miss every shot over the enemies’ head.

Also, the in-game purchases are not pay-to-win; rather they allow users to equip weapons based on pure ascetics alone. Also, the weapon skins can be very rare and go for hundreds to thousands of dollars in the market.

When you start playing, you will have to play to learn and improve. After some time making mistakes and ‘getting-owned’ you will see improvement and at some point you can start playing in the competitive game mode which has a penalty for leaving.

Overall, I really enjoy this game. The community is better than I expected and is superior compared to the community of COD or Battlefield. At the competitive level, mic spamming becomes non-existent (except in extreme situations) and if you confront a player with a knife it is most likely that they will also pull out their knife to engage you in a ‘knife fight’, otherwise it’s dishonorable. It takes some time getting used to but it’s great once you can appreciate the acquired tasted that comes with Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.