EA: "Average PC Cannot Handle EA's Ignite Engine"

TopWargamer

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Ignite-Engine-FIFA-E3-2013-Andrerw-Wilson,23139.html#xtor=RSS-998'>Source (Tom's Hardware)

I mean I guess they have a point there that the Ignite Engine is finely tuned for the Xbox One and PS4's CPU and GPU, but they're x86 based systems...so this really makes no sense. 

COMIC SANS

Source (Tom's Hardware)

I mean I guess they have a point there that the Ignite Engine is finely tuned for the Xbox One and PS4's CPU and GPU, but they're x86 based systems...so this really makes no sense. 

You just contradicted yourself, didn't you?

Haha the average PC is probably a 4GB laptop with a 2.2Ghz duel core CPU and integrated graphics.

CPU - I7 4770k @ 4.3GHz GPU - EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Extreme RAM - 16GB of Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 2133MHz  Case - Corsair 800D PSU - Corsair AX1,200i CPU Cooler - Custom Liquid CPU Cooler SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Hard Drive - Western Digital Black 1TB.

Haha the average PC is probably a 4GB laptop with a 2.2Ghz duel core CPU and integrated graphics.

Exactly what I was going to say. It really depends on what you classify "average PC" as.

Yeah. It can't handle it cause they can't program.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

This is EA we're talking about. They're business men spewing out nonsense. The "average" PC is more than likely a laptop or desktop that has a low power i3 with one stick of 4GB in it and a very basic GPU. 

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

This is EA we're talking about. They're business men spewing out nonsense. The "average" PC is more than likely a laptop or desktop that has a low power i3 with one stick of 4GB in it and a very basic GPU. 

Yes. It's marketing for people that don't understand PC components.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Yea but the xbox one and the ps4 are both similar to each other and to a entry level pc. So as long as you have at least a 500 dollar gaming rig you should be able to run anything they throw at the pc. But probably what ea means when they say average pc they mean the 300 dollar 4 year old pc at your grandmothers house.

That is my computer exactly, but it's only 2.1 Ghz. I'm really sad now :(

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

Lets just ad this to the list of EA fails.... Actually somebody should create a list of EA fails. I don't think I have enough time to dedicate to something of that scale. Maybe someone with less on their plate.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

Yea but the xbox one and the ps4 are both similar to each other and to a entry level pc. So as long as you have at least a 500 dollar gaming rig you should be able to run anything they throw at the pc. But probably what ea means when they say average pc they mean the 300 dollar 4 year old pc at your grandmothers house.

An APU, with the same graphics and other things would come to the same price at the end of the day (more of less)

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

You just contradicted yourself, didn't you?

Ha I guess I did. Didn't notice that. 

COMIC SANS

Congrats to your 100th post of a re-post! :D

I couldn't have done it without all the re-posting! 

COMIC SANS

That is my computer exactly, but it's only 2.1 Ghz. I'm really sad now :(

It is okay, :) Save them pennies like the rest of us and you will be able to upgrade.

CPU - I7 4770k @ 4.3GHz GPU - EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Extreme RAM - 16GB of Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 2133MHz  Case - Corsair 800D PSU - Corsair AX1,200i CPU Cooler - Custom Liquid CPU Cooler SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Hard Drive - Western Digital Black 1TB.

They're right the average 300$ craptop won't be able to run it, I'm sure the average gaming rig has the same specs...

I am confused.  EA had to port Crysis 3 to the Crysis 2 graphics engine to put Crysis 3 on consoles, I think this guy has it backwards.

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

they are trying to make everybody buy a console, thats where they make most money

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Already posted.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/28700-ea-sports-ignite-engine-wont-work-on-current-pcs-facepalm/

I will even re-post my comment ;)

If I could buy a modern NHL game on the PC, I'd buy the SHIT out of it.

The reason sports games don't sell well on the PC is because they don't make any! Same situation with mortal kombat style fighters.

There's a market there, they just wont take the step to get it started. They also own the rights to nearly every sports franchise related game,  making it impossible for a third party sports game to be released on PC outside of EA.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

i already posted this like 2+ days ago

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Personally I believe it is EA, not wanting to optimize the game for PC use.  There is a change though a large percentage of gamers might not have PC's that could support some game engines.  Even look at http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

Summary

Ram: 50% have 4GB or less ram

CPU: Roughly 50% have 2 cores or less

Video cards: From my glance over the list at least 10% appear to have intel graphics...to many video cards to be honest to go through

Video card ram: 50% have 1GB or less video card ram.

As much as I believe EA could make a game, if you judge by the components the majority have weaker system than a PS4 or Xone.  As much as people gripe on consoles holding back PC games, the developers also develop towards the majority "weaker" PC's.  (I do believe the consoles hold back PC's, but not as much as people think, and I believe they help set the minimums for PC specs as well)

0b10111010 10101101 11110000 00001101

People who game on PC wont have an average PC, they will have a gaming PC. People with an average PC will have a console.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.