You heard it here first! Total War: Warhammer is in the works

nicehat

4105_288a_960.jpeg

Finally, it looks like Games Workshop is taking its IP seriously. Despite having an incredibly deep lore to explore, mechanics that have proved popular for decades and an ever shrinking fan-base due to the cost of models and other odd business practices, GW has never gone all out with its Warhammer franchise in a digital medium.

Yes, Dark Omen and Shadow of the Horned Rat were fun and Bloodbowl and Space Hulk were fine, but it's a full scale war game that's wanted. Ideally turn based but not essentially, and now it finally looks like it's going to happen, as Total War: Warhammer is in the works.

This was officially revealed by a TWC forum member who spotted a mention for the game in the upcoming Total War art book, which he received early. In it, it says:

"and taking the series to a fantasy setting with Total War: Warhammer." The quote is from Creative Assembly's Mike Simpson.

Anyone not entirely sure with that can refer to Studio Director Tim Heaton's comments in 2012:

"With this year being our 25th anniversary, it seems fitting for us to embark on such a dream project with such a well-established partner. The incredibly rich and detailed Warhammer world is something we grew up with, and has left an indelible imprint on us as both designers and gamers. We'll be doing the Warhammer universe justice in a way that has never been attempted before. We're bringing those 25 years of experience and expertise in extremely high-scoring games to bear, delivering a Warhammer experience that videogamers will absolutely love."

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?677233-Total-War-WARHAMMER-officially-revealed

http://www.polygon.com/2015/1/14/7544727/total-war-warhammer-announced-creative-assembly

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

w00t

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Maybe this one will work.

sorry to disappoint everyone but im not sure what warhammer is.

I never got super /deep/ into games, im a very casual gamer. I dont always know whats going on.

Can someone fill me in?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

4105_288a_960.jpeg

Finally, it looks like Games Workshop is taking its IP seriously. Despite having an incredibly deep lore to explore, mechanics that have proved popular for decades and an ever shrinking fan-base due to the cost of models and other odd business practices, GW has never gone all out with its Warhammer franchise in a digital medium.

Yes, Dark Omen and Shadow of the Horned Rat were fun and Bloodbowl and Space Hulk were fine, but it's a full scale war game that's wanted. Ideally turn based but not essentially, and now it finally looks like it's going to happen, as Total War: Warhammer is in the works.

This was officially revealed by a TWC forum member who spotted a mention for the game in the upcoming Total War art book, which he received early. In it, it says:

"and taking the series to a fantasy setting with Total War: Warhammer." The quote is from Creative Assembly's Mike Simpson.

Anyone not entirely sure with that can refer to Studio Director Tim Heaton's comments in 2012:

"With this year being our 25th anniversary, it seems fitting for us to embark on such a dream project with such a well-established partner. The incredibly rich and detailed Warhammer world is something we grew up with, and has left an indelible imprint on us as both designers and gamers. We'll be doing the Warhammer universe justice in a way that has never been attempted before. We're bringing those 25 years of experience and expertise in extremely high-scoring games to bear, delivering a Warhammer experience that videogamers will absolutely love."

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?677233-Total-War-WARHAMMER-officially-revealed

http://www.polygon.com/2015/1/14/7544727/total-war-warhammer-announced-creative-assembly

HELL TO THE FUCKING YES!!

Feels like i've been waiting forever for this.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Heard it here first? I heard about this months ago.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

I never got super /deep/ into games, im a very casual gamer. I dont always know whats going on.

Can someone fill me in?

Medieval Fantasy.

More specifically, if your familiar with Warhammer 40K, this basically the medieval version, the original. It has Humans, elves, dwarfs, orcs as well as chaos (Demonic Forces).

this might actually be good!

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Well not sure why this qualifies as news since I heard it like 6 months ago, but sure :)

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Can someone fill me in?

To understand what the world of Warhammer is, just think of Warcraft, which is an unlicensed copypasta of Warhammer with just the minimum of name changes to not make it illegal.

Warcraft was originally intended as a Warhammer licensed game, but Games Workshop didn't allow it, then Blizzard changed all the names and released it anyway.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

If they take it back to the style of Rome total war 

then yay will buy if good 

But if they mess it up like Rome total war 2 ..........

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

I liked this one because you could play as the Eldar, which I found interesting

header.jpg?t=1415665278

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

this might actually be good!

keyword there is might. Remember that one Total war game that came out that was really solid at launch and didnt really have any major issues/wasnt riddled with bugs? yah me neither.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Awesome! would have preferred 40k but this is cool too :) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Medieval Fantasy.

More specifically, if your familiar with Warhammer 40K, this basically the medieval version, the original. It has Humans, elves, dwarfs, orcs as well as chaos (Demonic Forces).

To understand what the world of Warhammer is, just think of Warcraft, which is an unlicensed copypasta of Warhammer with just the minimum of name changes to not make it illegal.

Warcraft was originally intended as a Warhammer licensed game, but Games Workshop didn't allow it, then Blizzard changed all the names and released it anyway.

Ah ok I get it now. Should be an interesting game haha. Idk if its something I would play though lol (never cared for warcraft)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Total war is never going to be as good as it once was i think. If Rome 2 and the upcoming Atilla (IE Barbarian invasion V2) are any indication, the franchise is going downhill.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it