Should i invest my money on a PC or simple buy a PS4?... Don't kill me,please

System_Of_A_Game

Here is another perspective,

If you want to play games hassle free for the 5/6 years buy a PS4,

If you want to spend $2000 over the next 5/6 years keeping up with the latest games having them look nice and run nice and smooth, buy a new PC....

Personally if i was in your position i would just get a PS4, Nothing like being able to throw a disc in and know its going to run and play like its supposed to, sure it may look and run a little nicer on a PC buy you will have to spend double what it costs for a PS4....With optimizations the ps4 is going to run on a par with a 7950 if not better..a 7950 alone will cost $300....

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

mid level computer 700-800 dollars and you can use that computer for 10 maybe even 20 years if you treat it right and do small upgrades here and there.
don't forget that you're not only paying for a gaming system you're also paying for a computer where you can browse the internet and where you can do your work etc.

i choose computer. but if you want to be able to play exclusive games on xbox one and ps4 then looking at consoles wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Here is another perspective,

If you want to play games hassle free for the 5/6 years buy a PS4,

If you want to spend $2000 over the next 5/6 years keeping up with the latest games having them look nice and run nice and smooth, buy a new PC....

Personally if i was in your position i would just get a PS4, Nothing like being able to throw a disc in and know its going to run and play like its supposed to, sure it may look and run a little nicer on a PC buy you will have to spend double what it costs for a PS4....With optimizations the ps4 is going to run on a par with a 7950 if not better..a 7950 alone will cost $300....

Not true. Hardware advancement is slowing down, you can still max games today with a HD5970. Get a good PC now and it'll last you 3 years without upgrades for sure.

yes it is true, look what you was running when the 360 came out, and look what you are running now......and hardware advancement is slowing down slightly, doesn't stop intel and nvidia bringing out new chips and cards every year which developers will optomize for and forget about optomizing for people with cards 2 or 3 gens old, seen it before, always the same.

You summed it up nicely a good pc will last you 3 years if you buy it today...........360 had a life cycle of 8 years, thats a big difference...

A guy who upgrades every 3 or a guy upgrades every 8 years. hmmm, who is the smarter???

I love my PC but if you want to keep up they bleed your wallet dry, lets not delude ourselves.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

I would definitely go with the PC option if I was in your situation. If you can get some good deals you can still get a pretty nice rig and not to forget that in the long term, the PS4 may be more costly as games will cost a lot more rather than Steam if you know what I mean.

The amount of customizability, the fact that it's a computer that can do a million things and so many online game distros is too good to pass mate!

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

No sense in abandoning your Steam collection.

And sure, the PS4 is a lower up-front cost, but chances are games aren't going to go down in price like they do on Steam.  Would you pay $60 for a two-year-old game?

A guy who upgrades every 3 or a guy upgrades every 8 years. hmmm, who is the smarter???

You've gotta upgrade your PC, too, even if you don't game.  Would you be using an 8-year-old XP machine?

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

no but i used a core2duo E6600 for 5 and half years and it is still going strong in my dads PC, if it wasn't for games i wouldn't have bothered upgrading.

mobo: ASRock H61M-DG3/USB3

cpu:    Intel® Core™ i5-3470

gpu:    Club 3D Radeon HD 7950 Royal King (my revieuw http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/21942-club-3d-hd7950-royalking/#entry273317 )

ram:    Mushkin 8 GB DDR3-1333 Kit

hdd:    Seagate ST500DM002

psu:    Cooler Master B500

case:   Sharkoon Vaya

total around 680 euro's (runs bf3 around 90fps on stock-120 overclocked)

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

since i have money to buy a ps4 and already have a high end pc

ill buy the ps4 for the exclusives - sell it a couple of months later with the games

buy an xbox one play the exclusives sell it a couple of months later with the games

wait 1+ year but the slim version of consoles for which will be a lower price

buy  old exclusives that i havnt played used (yay non DRM)

and keep them

i know people doing this

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I'm not sure about the prices in mexico, but for $750 here in the US:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1aaiH

the Athlon II 750K is really just an FX 4300 on the FM2 socket, which has better MATX motherboards for the price.

Since you are from Mexico click on spoiler for stuff in spanish

Yo lo que te recomiendo es que si vas a armar una PC que compres las cosas en pcel.com , ya que he estado checando precios de algunos componentes porque un amigo se acaba de comprar una PC y ahi es donde salen mas baratas muchas cosas. Yo diría que te compraras una PC con el cpu AMD FX-6300, porque yo tengo el 6100 y me corre Battlefield 3 en ultra perfecto y puedes despues cambiarlo por un 8350. La tarjeta de video solo compra la mejor que puedas.

Y en serio, comprate una PC. Vale la pena. Cuando me llego mi GTX 670 no toque mi 360 en meses, ya solo lo uso de vez en cuando para jugar Fifa. Hay demasiadas cosas que puedes hacer en PC que no puedes hacer en consola, ademas, los juegos de EA que estan en Origin cuestan 500 pesos, y mas las ofertas de Steam, lo que te costo de mas la PC contra una consola te lo terminas ahorrando en juegos.

Saludos.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Consoles are a "Loss Leader" meaning they sell it to you below the cost of manufacturing, shipping, advertising...etc

The cost will equal or even exceed the cost of a decent PC over the life of that console once you factor in higher priced games, controllers, Online fees [if there are any].

A PC will cost you more at first but given the sheer amount of things you can do with it and the enormous amount of free content it's a much better value.

Consoles are like Ink Jet printers and Gillette razors which are also Loss leaders....... cheap for the printer and handle but you will be taken to the cleaners on the Ink and blades.

There's nothing stopping you from being able to play PC games on your couch, that's what small cases, Motherboards, Wireless controllers and Mouse/Keyboards are for.

And there's always Steam Big Picture.

Thing is, if you don't jump on the console ship early, you're getting really ripped off. If you're going to buy one, do it now. Build that PC of your dreams in a few years time when the gap will surely be VERY noticeable again. The fact that 1080p will be standard takes away many of PC's advantages. The big difference is that current cards will be pushing 60/120 fps as standard, while consoles will stick with 30 for almost every game (since developers will add flash instead of substance, so they are partly to blame). Found it very interesting that PS3 is still marketed at $300, lol. That much for a GPU that barely beats 8800. Can you imagine being that kid who gets a ps3 for their b-day or something this close to new gen release????

Do you think that you can spend 300 dollars in like 2-3 years ( to buy a new vid card ofc ) Then go with the pc , if you CAN'T do this , then go with the ps4 , it'll most likely last for 6-8 years so yeah there you go.

Interested in Business and Technology

Since you are from Mexico click on spoiler for stuff in spanish

Yo lo que te recomiendo es que si vas a armar una PC que compres las cosas en pcel.com , ya que he estado checando precios de algunos componentes porque un amigo se acaba de comprar una PC y ahi es donde salen mas baratas muchas cosas. Yo diría que te compraras una PC con el cpu AMD FX-6300, porque yo tengo el 6100 y me corre Battlefield 3 en ultra perfecto y puedes despues cambiarlo por un 8350. La tarjeta de video solo compra la mejor que puedas.

Y en serio, comprate una PC. Vale la pena. Cuando me llego mi GTX 670 no toque mi 360 en meses, ya solo lo uso de vez en cuando para jugar Fifa. Hay demasiadas cosas que puedes hacer en PC que no puedes hacer en consola, ademas, los juegos de EA que estan en Origin cuestan 500 pesos, y mas las ofertas de Steam, lo que te costo de mas la PC contra una consola te lo terminas ahorrando en juegos.

Saludos.

Let's talk in Spanish.

Camarada... Eres un salvavidas, no me había encontrado esa pagína. Mayormente buscaba en Mercado libre o iba a la Plaza de la Técnología, pero en ambos lados son súper careros :/... Creo que ahorraré un poco más para la PC... Lo que he ahorrado en ofertas de Steam, ya equivale a comprarme un PS4 hahahah XD.

CPU: AMD FX6300@Stock - Motherboard: Gigabyte 780-ML-USB3 - RAM: 8GB Hyperx beast @1600 - GPU: Asus R9 280 Direct CU II@Stock - SSD Kingstone 240GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: EVGA 600B - Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate- Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma- OS: Windows 10 Pro

Let's talk in Spanish.

Camarada... Eres un salvavidas, no me había encontrado esa pagína. Mayormente buscaba en Mercado libre o iba a la Plaza de la Técnología, pero en ambos lados son súper careros :/... Creo que ahorraré un poco más para la PC... Lo que he ahorrado en ofertas de Steam, ya equivale a comprarme un PS4 hahahah XD.

Jaja. Es una pagina muy confiable y te entiendo, yo tambien antes buscaba cosas en mercadolibre y me asustaban los precios. Otras pagina que tambien puedes ver precios es cyberpuerta.mx , es un poco mas cara pero puedes checar por si hay alguna cosa que no esta en pcel (por ejemplo, todos las fuentes de poder que tienen en pcel son de marcas jodidas, por lo que yo te recomendaria comprarte una de Corsair en cyberpuerta o en mercadolibre, Pero bueno, si tienes cualquier duda con algo con gusto te ayudo. 

Por cierto, ten cuidado con tu cartera. La venta de verano de Steam se aproxima...

EDIT:

Por cierto, tambien esta la pagina digitalife.com.mx , solo que he leido que ahi antes de comprar algo es mejor primero hablar o mandarles un mail para confirmar que este disponible lo que quieres.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

700 is more than enough for a decent PC, in fact, you could build an "okay" one for 500 and then have a couple hundred bucks lying around :)

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

An option you could try is the used hardware market. If you're on a budget you may be able to buy some hardware used for cheaper and you can negotiate prices. Does Craigslist work in Mexico? You can always find good deals on there. Just be sure to test the thing before you buy it.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)