Should i invest my money on a PC or simple buy a PS4?... Don't kill me,please

System_Of_A_Game

So... most of the current gamming generation, i played a "not so bad" pc with a GTX260. Unfortunally, my GTX260 died and my system is getting really darn old.

I have 70 Games in my Steam account-without counting the indie games like bastion-, a couple of games in origin and of course, tons of indie games...That being said, i'm from Mexico; the prices on computer electronics are really mess up. Somethings are just about the U.S price... while other are twice as much u.u, i'm talking about a AMD 7850 at $160 and a GTX660 TI about $280... No f"#$%& sense on the price, WTF!?

In the other hand... I can't make a Gamer PC for just $399. It'd cost at least $1000, considering the weird prices over here; And yeah... The pre-sales for the PS4 here, is just about $410...

I really rather the exclusives from PC, like ARMA, Age of empires 2 HD, Civilization,etc,etc. Games that will probably never be availble outside a PC... But, i'm low on money for a new pc. Besides, it wouldn't last the 10+ years  this generation might live.

EDIT: I could, however, strech my wallet enough for -may be- a $700-$800 PC

EDIT2:

This is what i can buy with $700-$800 ._. :
-AMD 8350

-MSI GA-990FXA-UD3

-1 X 8GB Hyperx Blue

-Radeon 7770 GHZ edition... might be a 7790

-WD 1 TB HDD

-CM Extreme 525 Watts

-Cheap Case u.u

CPU: AMD FX6300@Stock - Motherboard: Gigabyte 780-ML-USB3 - RAM: 8GB Hyperx beast @1600 - GPU: Asus R9 280 Direct CU II@Stock - SSD Kingstone 240GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: EVGA 600B - Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate- Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma- OS: Windows 10 Pro

Id go with PC just because of the steam library of games you have. 

P.C

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

If you can stretch to $700 - $800 then i strongly suggest you do that and invest in a mid-range PC. You could easily make a great gaming PC for that price; one that will vastly outperform the PS4.

I'd say PC aswell. But, what do you expect on this forum? You probably will here PC 999/1000 times ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I'd say PC aswell. But, what do you expect on this forum? You probably will here PC 999/1000 times ^^

Have to disagree. If he couldn't stretch his budget, i would've suggested the PS4.

It's either 1) Don't game at all, or 2) Game, albeit on a "worse" platform.

Have to disagree. If he couldn't stretch his budget, i would've suggested the PS4.

It's either 1) Don't game at all, or 2) Game, albeit on a "worse" platform.

You know how the PC community thinks about consoles, regardless if you or me suggested a PS4, 999/1000 would still recommend a PC. On every tech forum ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

If you can stretch to $700 - $800 then i strongly suggest you do that and invest in a mid-range PC. You could easily make a great gaming PC for that price; one that will vastly outperform the PS4.

This is what i can buy with $700-$800 ._. :

-AMD 8350

-MSI GA-990FXA-UD3

-1 X 8GB Hyperx Blue

-Radeon 7770 GHZ edition

-WD 1 TB HDD

-CM Extreme 525 Watts

-Cheap Case u.u

CPU: AMD FX6300@Stock - Motherboard: Gigabyte 780-ML-USB3 - RAM: 8GB Hyperx beast @1600 - GPU: Asus R9 280 Direct CU II@Stock - SSD Kingstone 240GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: EVGA 600B - Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate- Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma- OS: Windows 10 Pro

Depends on when you are planning this purchase.

By the time the PS4 is released, your pc budget might go further and have better specs for the same price.

I'd have to suggest the PC, even if you can't run the modern games on highest settings, the sheer library of games you get access to is unbeatable.

From Emulators, to old classics, to indies. PC can not be beaten for variety of great games. You also get the option of mods and addons for games.

Your budget is also missing a few pieces of hardware you may want to upgrade as well such as Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, possible controller if you are used to console gaming.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Why do you order online? The 8350/7770 isn't exactly a budget friendly combo. 

A 6300/7850(maybe 7870) sounds better.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Build a rig around AMDs new APUs and stick to PC.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

You can save on the games during steam sales

It depends on how much do you want to spend in the long run. With Steams summer sale right around the corner, you will be saving a few hundred dollars and PCw turn out to be cheaper in the long run if you don't factor in upgrades. On the other hand, console games are quite pricey and if you factor in that most need to be replaced in two-three years, it does turn out to be quite a lot like a PC. To me though it boils down how much do you want to spend in the long run. If you are fine spending a bit extra, go console. If you want a one time purchase, go PC, its really upto you in the end.

PC in Profile

It depends on how much do you want to spend in the long run. With Steams summer sale right around the corner, you will be saving a few hundred dollars and PCw turn out to be cheaper in the long run if you don't factor in upgrades. On the other hand, console games are quite pricey and if you factor in that most need to be replaced in two-three years, it does turn out to be quite a lot like a PC. To me though it boils down how much do you want to spend in the long run. If you are fine spending a bit extra, go console. If you want a one time purchase, go PC, its really upto you in the end.

Lol @ one time purchase.

"OMG It's a 780!" 

"880!"

"980!!!!!"

:P

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Well... Yeah, may be the 8350 is overkilling the 7770, but i need a lot of processing power because i self produce my own music...So far, you´re right, guys. I the steam sales are totally INSANE i boght alan wake for like $4... Insane, and the summer sale is just in the corner... I´m really thinking about it

Well you already have a pc so you might be able to salvage some parts from your old rig to save some money. So you should be able to build decent midrange pc, plus your steam library is quite big seems like money wasted to me.

Super OP AF Killer Retro Emulation PC 360 No Scope 420 Blaze It (Sorry I Couldn't Help It) Seriously Though This PC Is Overkill And Before You Ask It Does Play Crysis 1024x768 60 FPS

Intel Core Duo 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz // ASUS P5N-D // Zalman CNPS9500A Air Cooler // 4GB G.Skill @ 400MHz 5 5 5 31 23 // 2 Way SLI GeForce 9800 GTX+ // 32" SONY WEGA CRT TV 480i // Corsair TX750 // Seagate 3TB // Win XP 32Bit // Sony DVD RW // ANTEC Full Tower // Steel Series H Wireless // Logitech K520 Wireless Keyboard // Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse // Logitech G27 Racing Wheel // Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS // HORI Fight Stick Mini // 8Bitdo NES30 Pro / FC30 Pro / SNES30 / SFC30 Bluetooth Controllers

Future Upgrades The New 8Bitdo Wireless SNES Controller With Analog Sticks / 8Bitdo Bluetooth Arcade Fight Stick / Proper HD I Know This Machine Does Not Support 3 TB / Icy Dock 5.25 4 Bay HD Hot Swap Bay For More Seamless Multi Booting Want To Run At Least Win 95, Win XP, Win 7 

i7 3770k @ 4.5Ghz // ASUS Maximus V Formula // CM Hyper 212 EVO // 16GB G.Skill Sniper @ 2133MHz 9 11 10 28 // Crossfire Sapphire 7970 // 42" 4K 60Hz FreeSync WasabiMango IPS // Corsair AX860 // Samsung 1TB 840EVO // Seagate 3TB // Seagate Barracuda 160GB sata II // OCZ Vertex 3 90GB sata III // Win 10 64Bit // ASUS DVD RW // 2 Corsair AF 120 // 2 Corsair SP 120 // 2 xigmatek 120 // Corsair 760t white flavor // NZXT HUE+ RGB Controller // Sennheiser G4me Zero // Steel Series H // Corsair M95 // Corsair K95 // 3 Xbox 360 Controllers // Dolphin Bar // Wii U Mote // Leap Motion Plus // Logitech G27 Racing Wheel // Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS // HORI Fight Stick Mini // 8Bitdo NES30 Pro / FC30 Pro / SNES30 / SFC30 Bluetooth Controllers

Future Upgrades 1080Ti or Vega RX64 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/16900-nothing-special/

Why not order your parts on Amazon or something? Won't it be cheaper that way?

The wonder is, not that the field of stars is so vast, but that man has measured it. - Anatole France

I would recommend going for the PC build but maybe going for a 6300 or an apu (shown to have best single core price/performance ratio in a recent article by Anand) and then as long as you get a 7870 or 7850 you're getting around the same performance as a ps4 with all the benefits of a pc :D

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I would recommend going for the PC build but maybe going for a 6300 or an apu (shown to have best single core price/performance ratio in a recent article by Anand) and then as long as you get a 7870 or 7850 you're getting around the same performance as a ps4 with all the benefits of a pc :D

I was thinking the same thing. You can get a 7870GHZ for under $200.00 USD.  A NZXT Source 210 for cheap(saw it on sale a few days ago for $25), with a 550 XFX 80 Plus Bronze for about $60(with MIR). A ASUS OR MSI board $70 to $100. No more than $80 on RAM, saw corsair XMS 8GBs stick for $50 with MIR(http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007611+50001459&IsNodeId=1&name=Corsair&Page=2). To top it off, an FX-6300 for $120.

Total Price of build, NO MIR INCLUDED IN TOTAL AND USING $100 MOBO, is  $600 USD.

That even leaves a lot of room for a mouse and keyboard or sound card and headset. Even a bigger GPU. This is just to give you something to look at.

If I would though in a 120GB SSD. With a nice ASUS sound card. Which would bring the total up to $800.  I not sure if you have a copy of windows you can use, but if you don't there is also room in there too.

NZXT Phantom 810 Black, AMD FX-6100, FX-990 Sabertooth gen 1, 16GB 1333MHz Corsair, 2x HD 6770

Remember that a pc can do much more than just play games and you can upgrade them.

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.4.2 Omnirom) 

A PC will last longer (and by that i mean have acceptable performance for much longer than a console) and is upgradeable, if you want to use your PC for more than gaming, investing in a PC isn't a terrible idea.

That said, for a 400$ pc you pay 1000$?! Ouch that hurts, If I spent that much on a PC i'd feel bad using it damn thats too expensive, like a pc for that much should be displayed on a high shelf as a trophy of some sorts XD

A PC will last longer (and by that i mean have acceptable performance for much longer than a console) and is upgradeable, if you want to use your PC for more than gaming, investing in a PC isn't a terrible idea.

That said, for a 400$ pc you pay 1000$?! Ouch that hurts, If I spent that much on a PC i'd feel bad using it damn thats too expensive, like a pc for that much should be displayed on a high shelf as a trophy of some sorts XD

To be fair, it's not a $400, not even with U.S Prices:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/19OIV

That being said, the Grapichs card is a total ripof, it coust twice as much here u.u

I was thinking the same thing. You can get a 7870GHZ for under $200.00 USD.  A NZXT Source 210 for cheap(saw it on sale a few days ago for $25), with a 550 XFX 80 Plus Bronze for about $60(with MIR). A ASUS OR MSI board $70 to $100. No more than $80 on RAM, saw corsair XMS 8GBs stick for $50 with MIR(http://www.newegg.co...=Corsair&Page=2). To top it off, an FX-6300 for $120.

Total Price of build, NO MIR INCLUDED IN TOTAL AND USING $100 MOBO, is  $600 USD.

That even leaves a lot of room for a mouse and keyboard or sound card and headset. Even a bigger GPU. This is just to give you something to look at.

If I would though in a 120GB SSD. With a nice ASUS sound card. Which would bring the total up to $800.  I not sure if you have a copy of windows you can use, but if you don't there is also room in there too.

Thanks for the info... But it's pretty worthless. The U.S Prices, especially Graphics card, PSU and SSDs are way overpriced here; the CPU, RAM, MOBO, HHD and most of the peripherials, are more or less at the same price as U.S

Get a 7870 XT or a 7970 :c You should save up more! 

Wait a little

You dont need an fx-8350, get an A10 Richland APU and get a mobo for that, both cost less and are just as good, and spend more money on your GPU get a 7950 or 7870 and you'll have a better experiance for your money, trust me your CPU doesnt really make a difference maybe 3fps at most, your GPU can make differences of over 80 fps at most, so please do not waste your money getting silly components!

Couldn't you buy from NCIX or Newegg and have them ship? If not, if you vacation in the U.S. you could buy the parts then.

NZXT Phantom 810 Black, AMD FX-6100, FX-990 Sabertooth gen 1, 16GB 1333MHz Corsair, 2x HD 6770