Officially in the Army in 2 Days

RelentlessAF

Hey guys, so tomorrow I leave work early to go to a hotel near a MEPS facility up north of me to take my oath and swear in Thursday Morning. After swearing in I am officially a soldier in the U.S. Army and from there I have to wait until my ship date to go to BCT and that can be anywhere from a month to 6 months. In the meantime, as a Customer Service Rep who makes "meh" amounts of money I wanted to know the following:

1. What are some must play games I should play before I leave? (I've played CS:GO soooo much and ignored all other games.)

2. What are some cool things I should do on a budget? (Don't recommend Skydiving, I have Airborne training and Air Assault school to look forward to.)

3. If you are in a branch of the military, what was your experience with it and would you say you enjoyed it or you regret it?

For those of you wondering, my MOS is Infantry/ Option 40 Ranger Contract.

good luck!

you should play bioshock infinite if you havent. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Does this mean you'll be away from the forum?

Also, if you like horror, Alien: Isolation is an incredible game. I love it to death! Other than that, Far Cry 4 was really fun, and if you didn't play any of the Arkham games, skip to Arkham City and you'll love it. Lastly, if none of those work, Shadow of Mordor is a great game with a near-identical combat system to the Arkham games (so it's really fluid). Two days isn't much for all these titles, but you can't go wrong with any of them.

I personally would never even consider going into the army, but I'm happy that you chose to join it, and I wish you the best of luck!

PS: I truly know nothing about the army, so what does your position entail?

Good luck have fun

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Good Luck!

I've been enjoying BF4 lately, much better than release. :)

Thanks! I may play BF4 aha more of a counterstrike fan but I may try it.

Does this mean you'll be away from the forum?

Also, if you like horror, Alien: Isolation is an incredible game. I love it to death! Other than that, Far Cry 4 was really fun, and if you didn't play any of the Arkham games, skip to Arkham City and you'll love it. Lastly, if none of those work, Shadow of Mordor is a great game with a near-identical combat system to the Arkham games (so it's really fluid). Two days isn't much for all these titles, but you can't go wrong with any of them.

I personally would never even consider going into the army, but I'm happy that you chose to join it, and I wish you the best of luck!

PS: I truly know nothing about the army, so what does your position entail?

It does indeed, for quite some time.

Those are all great suggestions! I actually am just enlisted in 2 days, I don't leave until my ship date which is undisclosed to me at this point.

Thanks very much!

The job I have is Infantry at its core basically the guys that go into combat. What mine is is a little different a Ranger contract is a contract to conduct all the training you need to go to RASP(Ranger Assessment and Selection Program) after passing that I become an Army Ranger which is a Special Forces infantry unit.

this game can cause paranoria but would be a nice training for you to survive battlefield

Games aren't really relatable to actual Combat xD

so basically you would be experiencing cod:black ops in real life man what not i would give for that experience

Black Ops are more CIA related. As a Ranger I would do things like the Movie Black Hawk Down with the battle of Mogadishu. The motto is "Rangers Lead the Way." So they are the first to enter a combat situation with a new or old enemy.

I don't know what to say OP.  Uh whatever it is you do with your money spend it on things that make you happy and make sure you spend a little of it to spend time with loved ones / friends or whatever before you leave them months from now. That is if spending time with loved ones / friends makes you happy. LOL

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Awesome. Good luck man. :)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Hey guys, so tomorrow I leave work early to go to a hotel near a MEPS facility up north of me to take my oath and swear in Thursday Morning. After swearing in I am officially a soldier in the U.S. Army and from there I have to wait until my ship date to go to BCT and that can be anywhere from a month to 6 months. In the meantime, as a Customer Service Rep who makes "meh" amounts of money I wanted to know the following:

1. What are some must play games I should play before I leave? (I've played CS:GO soooo much and ignored all other games.)

2. What are some cool things I should do on a budget? (Don't recommend Skydiving, I have Airborne training and Air Assault school to look forward to.)

3. If you are in a branch of the military, what was your experience with it and would you say you enjoyed it or you regret it?

For those of you wondering, my MOS is Infantry/ Option 40 Ranger Contract.

2.  Heroin, I hear that is pretty cool and doesn't cost much money.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Go play Sniper Elite V2... It's a fun, short, single-player game (with multiplayer) which revolves around sniper combat...

Also, best of luck on your endeavors...

that's illegal and just too wrong if the find that in your blood he's pretty screwed also its addictive

Sarcasm man.  Sarcasm.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

2.  Heroin, I hear that is pretty cool and doesn't cost much money.

Yeah, he's gotta try heroin

No Sarcasm

Compatible with Windows 95

Since you are going for the ranger program. The metro series on ranger difficulty :)

Good luck in BCT (By which i guess you mean basic combat training). You are going to be ripped after that^^ 

I've only done basic training and i stuck around a bit to learn how to operate artillery pieces. 

I loved it. The physical training can get a bit much at times. But it's worth it :)

And as for the budget thing. Go-carts?

Ps

If you ever get the chance to try driving a tank. Do it. It's hillarious

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Good luck man!  And Thank You!

As for games to play. Have you played the portal series yet.  They're great. That and Left 4 Dead 2 are really fun!

Good luck man! And Thank You!

As for games to play. Have you played the portal series yet. They're great. That and Left 4 Dead 2 are really fun!

Thank YOU! Aha :) and I love valve games. I've played them all ridiculous amounts xD

Since you are going for the ranger program. The metro series on ranger difficulty :)

Good luck in BCT (By which i guess you mean basic combat training). You are going to be ripped after that^^

I've only done basic training and i stuck around a bit to learn how to operate artillery pieces.

I loved it. The physical training can get a bit much at times. But it's worth it :)

And as for the budget thing. Go-carts?

Ps

If you ever get the chance to try driving a tank. Do it. It's hillarious

Aha ill give metro on Ranger a shot :D

Yeah Basic Combat Training. Sometimes Basic can be without Combat Training so I dunno why its still abbreviated BCT.

Artilery is pretty bad ass I think long range artillery and cannons are cool.

I would love to drive a tank.

Go carts sounds awesome!!

Thanks! :D

I always wanted to know something, how would you feel if you would shoot an enemy and know hes dead because of you? And if you belive in god, that you made a huuuge sin?

Longboarders/ skaters message me!