NZXT DOKO: stream "everything" to your TV, before you ask, yes that too

brownninja97

DOKO_2.jpg

So what is this thing. Well its a streaming service which means you can play your pc games when you pc isnt in the room that this is in, omg is that magic, must be blackmagic(not sponsoring the company) hang them. 

This little device pretty much just mirrors all the stuff that is on your pc screen which is either a great idea or one which is gonna case hell, i mean what if you wanted to use a mouse and keyboard, would you have to bring a 20m adapter. Well no because look at the next picture

DOKO_5.jpg

There are four usb ports, not sure what type of usb they are at the moment but my guess is usb 3.0 because NZxt are not a bunch of plebs, they know how to create stuff which people tend to want to buy, i mean just look at the define r4.

DOKO_4.jpg

Hopefully someone catches onto that. Moving on you can see some of the other stuff like a port for audio, power, ethernet up to 5a i believe and *spits* hdmi. I dont like hdmi, its shameful, it reminds me of a sad part of my life when i was gonna make toast and we had no butter, shameful.

DOKO_1.jpg

Could this do well, could it be dropped into a pile of dust where its not marketed correctly like anything from nvidia because there is the very real problem that not everyone is a pc gamer. Also consider that you will have lag, you arent avoid that, its just life, you can cry but it will happen. 

But then there is the price

Is it good, is it bad

UK: £70

Euro: €70  (clear equality for the brits)

US: $99.99

http://www.techpowerup.com/208855/nzxt-unveils-doko-pc-streaming-service.html

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nzxt-introduces-pc-streaming-device-doko.html

http://news.softpedia.com/news/NZXT-Reveals-Device-that-can-Stream-Anything-to-Your-PC-469803.shtml

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

all the cooler kids are doing this in their news so i have to adapt, or die.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Por qué

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

steam in home streaming D: but i see why they are doing this, if you dont have a spare pc than this thing is amazing

Ok so you can stream "that", but what about the other "that"?

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

because NZxt are not a bunch of plebs, they know how to create stuff which people tend to want to buy, i mean just look at the define r4.

Actually NZXT didn't make the Define r4

How many people (gamers) do they actually think have hardwired network cable from their gaming pc to their living room? And of the select few who have the luxury of having a house ran with network cables, how many of those people don't already have an elegant media center pc that can play games? A product for no one until you can game stream on wireless.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

I'm in love with the DOKO

You can get it for the low-low

I'm in love with the DOKO

No wireless, they like "oh no"

I'm sittin here, like "wait till it's done tho"

And if they still trippin, you can go loco

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

Actually NZXT didn't make the Define r4

Thanks, thought I was going mad for a second there.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

How many people (gamers) do they actually think have hardwired network cable from their gaming pc to their living room? And of the select few who have the luxury of having a house ran with network cables

I thought the Midwest was supposed to be behind the times... I bought a house about two years ago, looking at rural houses built in the 70s-80s... Toured about 20 houses and half of them had networking ran into at least 5+ rooms, all of them had networking in the living room and an office-ish room. I'm pretty sure all of the newly built houses have networking in every room with a patch panel in the utility room.

10/10 title :)

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.