ASUS Spatha, what do YOU want?

Sidiox

In this video of linus:

He asked for feedback on the new ASUS Spatha mouse

I personally hate YT comments and couldn't find a thread about this mouse yet, so I made this.

I'm starting to look for a replacement for my trusty G600, but there hasn't been worthy mouse released yet.

What I personally want to see in the new ASUS MMO mouse is:

- Thumb rest below the side buttons, like the current build thingy already has.

- Pink/ring finger button (depending on how yuo hold your mouse), G600 style. For me this is a really must on my next mouse

- At least 4, but rather 6 side buttons, I constantly use the forward 6 side buttons on my G600, but the last 6 aren't all too usefull and very hard to reach.

As for the sensor, I don't really care as long as it is able to go above ~4500 dpi, with decent accuracy. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Use the sensor in the G502 with a higher sensitivity for larger monitors.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

As for the sensor, I don't really care as long as it is able to go above ~4500 dpi, with decent accuracy. 

Really?

here is me using like 400 and 800 dpi

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Well, I'm not an MMO fan, but I am looking for a new mouse..
I would like to see 4-6 buttons. A bigger mouse (I have the same problem as Slick, that is that I just can't really palm a lot of mouses nowadays..)

It must feel really well (no cheap plastic or something) and I would like it to have a light at the back in the logo that you can turn on/off/ different mode.

I don't really care for the color, full RGB is too much to ask.. So red or blue will do

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Why not get another G600? I got one over the summer and I love it, however the only other mouse similar to it that I would get would be the logitech G602, which is wireless.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Really?

here is me using like 400 and 800 dpi

I have the Windows sensitity at  about 3, should that is also worth taking into account. And I don't like having to pick up my mouse, I want to remain on my mouse mat and be able to get the mouse anywhere on my 2 screens.

Well, I'm not an MMO fan, but I am looking for a new mouse..

I would like to see 4-6 buttons. A bigger mouse (I have the same problem as Slick, that is that I just can't really palm a lot of mouses nowadays..)

It must feel really well (no cheap plastic or something) and I would like it to have a light at the back in the logo that you can turn on/off/ different mode.

I don't really care for the color, full RGB is too much to ask.. So red or blue will do

I'm not a big MMO fan my self either, but for productivity and FPS gaming extra buttons is really nice (I have new tab, close tab, copy, cut and paste all on my mouse)

The G600 is also quite big, I don't have really big hand but I want to be able to palm the mouse.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

Why not get another G600? I got one over the summer and I love it, however the only other mouse similar to it that I would get would be the logitech G602, which is wireless.

G602 doesn't have a pinky button, unfortunately.

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

G602 doesn't have a pinky button, unfortunately.

yeah, that's something I've grown to love on the G600.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I have the Windows sensitity at  about 3, should that is also worth taking into account. And I don't like having to pick up my mouse, I want to remain on my mouse mat and be able to get the mouse anywhere on my 2 screens.

NOOO dont do that, you are introducing negative acceleration

your windows senstivity should be set to 6/11 and your DPI adjusted accordingly

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I'm not a big MMO fan my self either, but for productivity and FPS gaming extra buttons is really nice (I have new tab, close tab, copy, cut and paste all on my mouse)

The G600 is also quite big, I don't have really big hand but I want to be able to palm the mouse.

I guess if I had a mouse with extra buttons, I would use them for (in order): close recently closed tab, copy, paste, close tab

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

NOOO dont do that, you are introducing negative acceleration

your windows senstivity should be set to 6/11 and your DPI adjusted accordingly

Whaaaatttt? I delibratly set it to 3, because I read that 3 has the least amount of acceleration, higher settings have positive and lower more negative?! I guess I'll have to look into that some more. 

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

Whaaaatttt? I delibratly set it to 3, because I read that 3 has the least amount of acceleration, higher settings have positive and lower more negative?! I guess I'll have to look into that some more. 

no there are 11 settings, 6 is neutral, below is negative acceleration and above is positive acceleration 

i too love my G600 and use all of the side buttons, for scrolling up and down by a line, by a page and go straight to bottom/top, left tab, right tab, close tab, open recently closed, minimize everything and incognito mode, iykwim

trying to get used to the G502 now, it's a solid mouse with hands down, better sensor than G600, but it's kinda small to palm grip it like i did the G600 and bit too big for claw, so it's something in between

and also missing the ring finger button, which was my refresh/shift button

but on the topic, definitely go with the kind of sensor that is in the G502

p.s.

when jerking mouse left and right very fast, i can sense the scroll wheel shifting left and right on the G502

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

no there are 11 settings, 6 is neutral, below is negative acceleration and above is positive acceleration 

I've been testing my mouse now for the last five minutes, and I don't think I'm getting any, or at least not noticeable at all

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

I've been testing my mouse now for the last five minutes, and I don't think I'm getting any, or at least not noticeable at all

you are probably used to it, but 6/11 gives 1:1 movement

• 2 weeks later...

For the Sparta Mouse to be successful, it needs to have 9 buttons by the side, that is how razer naga sells soo well.

I myself use Razer Naga Epic Chroma despite having tons of issues and now its my 3rd RMA, but the 9 buttons with wireless is worth the trouble.

6 gives 1:1 movement, neither higher nor lower will give you acceleration. But they simulate higher or lower sensitivities inaccurately. 6 is the best. Enhance Point Precision is what gives you acceleration.

I commented on the video that the sensor used in the Corsair M45 (and it was also used in some old Logitech Mouse) should be the one they go with. Can't say I want much more from it.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I commented on the video that the sensor used in the Corsair M45 (and it was also used in some old Logitech Mouse) should be the one they go with. Can't say I want much more from it.

Its a Wireless MMO mouse, Sensor doesnt matter, its a marketing stunt if anything, and actually the most reasonable Sensor for it would be PTE because of high CPI and low power consumption, OP also spelled the mouse wrong, its Spatha not Sparta.

Its a Wireless MMO mouse, Sensor doesnt matter, its a marketing stunt if anything, and actually the most reasonable Sensor for it would be PTE because of high CPI and low power consumption, OP also spelled the mouse wrong, its Spatha not Sparta.

Ah, I'll fix that, I thought it was Sparta, because it also says that on YT?

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

wat?

Sensor does matter. Philips Twin-eye might not have acceleration (or variance) issue like other lasers but it does have it own issues, most notably the z-axis bug. Just slap a proper optical (infra-red) sensor like PMW3310 in it and call it a day. Laser and high DPI/CPI are marketing stunts, actually. G602 is wireless with an optical sensor and it has very good battery life, by the way.

I never even saw that it was wireless.

Maybe the sensor in the Logitech G602?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

wat?

Sensor does matter. Philips Twin-eye might not have acceleration (or variance) issue like other lasers but it does have it own issues, most notably the z-axis bug. Just slap a proper optical (infra-red) sensor like PMW3310 in it and call it a day. Laser and high DPI/CPI are marketing stunts, actually. G602 is wireless with an optical sensor and it has very good battery life, by the way.

Because you will have soooo much trouble playing WoW with PLN or A9800 in your 200g wireless brick, btw. the reason G602 uses AM010 is power consumption, not because of its characteristics, altough that was one of the goals during development of AM010.

I never even saw that it was wireless.

Maybe the sensor in the Logitech G602?

No, AM010 is Logitech proprietary, closest would be PMW3320, which is the "public AM010". Other reasonable wireless Options would be the mentioned PTE and A3050, altough that one isnt high end at all.

Because you will have soooo much trouble playing WoW with PLN or A9800 in your 200g wireless brick, btw. the reason G602 uses AM010 is power consumption, not because of its characteristics, altough that was one of the goals during development of AM010.

No, AM010 is Logitech proprietary, closest would be PMW3320, which is the "public AM010". Other reasonable wireless Options would be the mentioned PTE and A3050, altough that one isnt high end at all.

You do know that most people only use one mouse and they use it for all games? Just because something is marketed as "fps" or "mmo" mouse doesn't mean you can only play those games with it. I just wish manufacturer's would pay more attention to what sensors they put in their mice instead of just going for the fanciest marketing buzzwords and super high DPIs.