Different types of CES coverage

Misanthrope

Here's something that I was wondering. Ever noticed how there's a very varying degree of coverage? I am subscribed to many tech youtubers as I'm sure most of you are as well. What I noticed is that Linus and Jay are basically wiping the floor with everybody else in terms of coverage. Here are my thoughts on some of the channels coverage, and again consider this constructive criticism and such so here we have

1)Jayz2cents: He has fewer videos that Linus but consider that he is just 2 guys (him and his in-law as his camera man) AND that he made the trip without any sponsors and just used a kickstarter. Either his editing skills must be legendary, everyone else just loves Vegas a bit much and are dragging ass or my personal theory is both.

2) LMG: Linus has incredibly robust coverage but the constant phantom glass thing is starting to get to me a little bit. I mean I get a mention at the beginning of the video and a full plug in at the end of a few, but this is having a negative effect now I just don't want to hear about phantom glass at all anymore. Regardless he certainly is making the most out of this trip (after Jay) except for the fact that he brought what a 5 men crew? That's certainly lots of over head. Forgiven seeing how we've got an asome wan show and TONS of meme material of linus wrecking shit up and dropping expensive prototypes ("This one is bolted to the table" being my personal favorite) Could do without the plants video too but it's ok I guess

3) Hardware Canucks: Also a good balance, fewer videos than Linus but with their awesome b-roll skills (Seriously this guys can make a 20 dollar no-name case look breathtaking with some of their shots) all in all good coverage, wish they cover more however

4) Paul's Hardware: Again getting into the lazy area here but I put him higher on the list cause 1) Losing your voice is not fucking fun and 2) He did the smart thing and did a shot gun approach covering multiple products and companies in a couple of videos. That's nice for us, not nice for the cost of the trip vs views however

5) Awesomesauce network: Like everything about his channel, pretty much a repeat of 4) for kyle. Maybe I am unfair but I just can't shake the notion of this guy basically carbon copying everything Paul does and being ever so slightly less interesting, clever and funny than Paul. I'm sure others think the inverse but nobody can deny that we do not need duplicate youtube channel subscriptions, hope he changes his "thing" eventually (Or Paul, whatever I don't want a chicken and egg argument here)

6) Hitech Legion: This guys I usually love because of their extensive coverage not because of their charisma which is quite frankly, non-existent. Their production values are also not the best but at least they cover the extensive part on this trip as well: I rather have people cover something while on their vacation in disguise of a business trip. Which brings me to my last and well earned last place 

7) The Tek Syndicate: A.K.A. why the fuck did you even went there? Or even worst, why the fuck did ALL OF YOU but Wendell and Pistol went there? Seriously? 2 fucking videos and a live version of the tek, that's it. Did we really needed 3 fucking sponsors to pay a roundtrip and expenses for a 4 person crew? WHY? Everybody knows I defended the tek syndicate guys in the past but this is really over the fucking line: In China at least they had both a plausible excuse for their lack of content (No good internet connection anywhere) and eventually did had a bunch of content though rather late. But here I feel that we're just paying for their stupid fucking vacations so they can geek out over products and not report a goddamn fucking thing: fuck you Logan, Wendell needs his own channel and after that I might follow Pistol's stream but you guys are done, no more smart ass "we do what we want!" jokes, you're just fucky lazy.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Maybe TekSyndicate is going to edit the footage later or something, it does seem like a bit of a waste.

And Linus never covers the exciting bits of the Sony booth... Like last year, he didn't cover it at all despite all the stuff that there was there.

And I dislike Jay because he's always under-dressed and unprofessional, making childish innuendos at every turn. Also, I get the impression that he is treating his mate that he brought there like shit, he's really dismissive of him.

Compatible with Windows 95

I sometimes feel that tek syndicate is that dude from a tech shop that thinks he's a tech guru, but when asked about something he gives us that products size (millimeters, that stuff) instead how well it performs

Maybe TekSyndicate is going to edit the footage later or something, it does seem like a bit of a waste.

And Linus never covers the exciting bits of the Sony booth... Like last year, he didn't cover it at all despite all the stuff that there was there.

This year he did a video on that laser projector and luckily he didn't break it. And the point of CES is to get the news a.s.a.p. not 2 weeks after the show is over and I've seen the coverage from people in 1 through 6 in the list. 

Like I said in their China trip at least they gave an excuse, but lately Logan has been extremely defensive and passive aggressive with his audience: Nearly every intro he mades is a slight about negative comments now. And what does he have to show for it? 2 fucking videos, for all of CES

Even Austin Evans and MKBHD covered more than they did and they are SINGLE FUCKING DUDES not a 4 man crew

-------

Current Rig

-------

I sometimes feel that tek syndicate is that dude from a tech shop that thinks he's a tech guru, but when asked about something he gives us that products size (millimeters, that stuff) instead how well it performs

Yep, that's why I said Wendell needs his own channel, he's the only one that knows his stuff (a bit, he can get rambly and liberal with his use of "source needed but commenting anyway" style) and maybe Qain but again he loves to drag ass too much. 

And pistol but mainly because she likes awesome games and she's hot, so nothing that constructive why I like to follow her but whatever, I am male after all.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yeah Logan seems to know fuck all about hardware most of the time

Yep, that's why I said Wendell needs his own channel, he's the only one that knows his stuff (a bit, he can get rambly and liberal with his use of "source needed but commenting anyway" style) and maybe Qain but again he loves to drag ass too much. 

And pistol but mainly because she likes awesome games and she's hot, so nothing that constructive why I like to follow her but whatever, I am male after all.

I totally agree, their content is completely hit and miss with me

Their attitude is really elitist too

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

7M5WmaM.gif

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

While we are on the subject of Tek Syndicate, I'd like to throw something out there: Is it just me, or does Pistol's face ring a bell?

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

And I dislike Jay because he's always under-dressed and unprofessional, making childish innuendos at every turn. Also, I get the impression that he is treating his mate that he brought there like shit, he's really dismissive of him.

Professional people are boring. I like people who don't put on some dumb facade like a news anchor to make themselves sound "professional".

Tek goes over the line with being "unprofessional", though. I hung out with people who have the same attitudes as Logan and Quain and while they can be chill dudes sometimes, they just get into this phase of being edgy, which is super annoying.

I wish people would just act like themselves.

Professional people are boring. I like people who don't put on some dumb facade like a news anchor to make themselves sound "professional".

Tek goes over the line with being "un professional", though. I hung out with people who have the same attitudes as Lagan and Quain and while they can be chill dudes sometimes, they just get into this phase of being edgy, which is super annoying.

I wish people would just act like themselves.

I act like myself..which is why I have no friends..:(.. (bots not included)

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

Thanks for the constructive criticism on our content. Imo it was fair and balanced.

The defences on my side are pretty obvious. We need sponsors because trips are expensive. They are expensive because we take so many people. I need so many people to make so much content.

Thanks for the constructive criticism on our content. Imo it was fair and balanced.

The defences on my side are pretty obvious. We need sponsors because trips are expensive. They are expensive because we take so many people. I need so many people to make so much content.

Ideally you could hire Jay as a superhuman editor but might be a tad out of your budget lol

-------

Current Rig

-------