R9 290x Random no video output

-CLASSIFIED-
Go to solution Solved by -CLASSIFIED-,

Well discovered the problem , some sort of pci controller or chip of some kind (will attach pic ) decided to come unsoldered , a couple hours with my soldering kit and she was back and better then ever (pic is after my first attempt to get as minimal solder in there as possible ... Rather difficult tbh , took me 3 tries but I finally got it so it wasn't going to short out )

post-121932-0-50748700-1423301628_thumb.

so as the title says , my r9 290x intermittently displays nothing for video output 

1 ) its not my psu 

2 ) not my mobo 

3 ) doesn't appear to be a driver issue , re-installed (clean re-installed) ccc

4 ) only happens when card is idling 

5 ) heat is not an issue (idles at room temp, max heat under full load is 75c) 

any one have any idea what the problem is ? 

ive tried it in 3 different computers and at some point it does the exact same thing 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

maybe your monitor is going to sleep?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

maybe your monitor is going to sleep?

no , it does it while im doing work and using my computer and my monitor says no input 

ive already started a rma request , but im not holding my breath with diamond f*** POJ 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

• 4 weeks later...

Well discovered the problem , some sort of pci controller or chip of some kind (will attach pic ) decided to come unsoldered , a couple hours with my soldering kit and she was back and better then ever (pic is after my first attempt to get as minimal solder in there as possible ... Rather difficult tbh , took me 3 tries but I finally got it so it wasn't going to short out )

post-121932-0-50748700-1423301628_thumb.

Spoiler
Spoiler

how is that even working!?! it's just a blob of solder shorting all 3 pins!!

don't be surprised if that doesn't go pop!!

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb