Liquid Sky, The GRID like streaming service for your games on any device!

XTankSlayerX

16235568902_3f2af7397a_c.jpg

Liquid Sky's catalog, You can use your own STEAM account as well.

what LiquidSky has to say for itself "We’d like the world to share. Our mission is to drastically lower the cost of both software and hardware for computer users everywhere. We hope to convert the world to “thin clients” by migrating hardware to the cloud, or in our case, the sky! Sharing hardware will dramatically lower costs. And by allowing users to "rent" programs the same way you might rent a movie from Netflix, software can also become a shared resource. We also seek to provide users with a lightning fast internet experience. No more buffering videos, viruses, slow downloads, or blocked websites. Three of the main problems surrounding the consumer thin-client or cloud gaming world have been latency, input, and catalog. We have solved all three."

16236393515_e1190a527f_c.jpg

Aside from games, they have apps as well.

TL:DR (Yes, they actually have this on their website)

• This is NOT a remote desktop service, we have the hardware

• Get around firewalls and blocked websites at work or school

• Run any program or game on your phone, without a computer

• Play any Steam game on any web enabled device what's this?

• Sky accelerated web browsing what's this?

• No more buffering videos

• No more slow downloads

• No more viruses

Holy balls. This looks very interesting... I would love to get into the beta right away to test the waters for you guys but I cant post any referral links or ask to be referred...

To whom ever gets into the beta, tell us how it is!

@LinusTech @Slick @nicklmg

Neat.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

this is how I have always envisaged the future of computing

Everything will be cloud based, meaning super cheap light and long battery life devices, and powerful hardware normally not accessible to people who cannot afford a top end PC

awesome, the only issue with this approach is the internet infrastructure is not there yet, when it is though.. in the future it will be awesome

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

This is exciting, but since my friends and I can't even use Steam Broadcasting because our internet is too slow, I don't know how we could ever use this service to stream games.

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

So its not just those games in the first pic its any? That will be cool especially if u just invest in like a 4k monitor and stream to it so u dont have spend thousands on a rig.

I'm skeptical simply because they listed LoL. There's no way LoL is playable. My ping is 110 on average and it's hard to dodge skill shots as is, add any more latency to that and it will be a huge frustration to play even casually. 

*cough* bullshit *cough*.

Latency is not something that can be vastly improved or extinguished simply due to the fact that the infrastructure of the internet (landlines, servers, etc) are not designed for it or is presently not capable of it. Unless they have a local server within a few miles radius of you then will always have lag, no software can fix it.

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

Latency is not something that can be vastly improved or extinguished simply due to the fact that the infrastructure of the internet (landlines, servers, etc) are not designed for it or is presently not capable of it. Unless they have a local server within a few miles radius of you then will always have lag, no software can fix it.

when i lived in bullhead this was a massive issue,

yeah there was land lines and what not, but the sattelite internet there was still faster and no one had a ping lower than 170.

NO ONE.... :'c

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

I dunno. I have a Shield and tried the Grid beta on the 2.4 band on my router (5Ghz was giving me problems of just not working at all for some reason) and since it was the start of the beta there was only one server and it was located in northern California. I live in southern Indiana. I had about 10mbps down and like... 1 up? Or something like that I can't remember. And I was playing games with no real noticeable latency. Like, much less lag than games running on my PC through about 25 feet of CAT6. Now my performance to my PC dramatically went up when I got the 5Ghz band working and both my PC and Grid felt pretty much like games were running on my Shield directly whereas before only Grid felt that way and my PC had about a full second delay between command input to reaction on screen. It was instant to the PC, I watched, but not to the Shield. Yes there is still a small delay, noticeable if you hole the Shield next to the monitor and moved through a menu or made something flash or etc, but it's a pretty acceptable account of lag imo. I've been able to play Titanfall and BLOPS2 with about a much success as I would if I were sitting in front of my PC with a controller.

I've been wanting to try the Shield using my phone as a hot spot to my PC or Grid to see the performance there or from another network to my PC but I can't get the off network streaming to work right, port forwarding never works for me even after following tutorials specific to my games or software and router.

I don't have any benchmarks or proof to show for any of this but, with the experience I've had with Shield I feel like there is a way to get this level of low latency. I'm not saying their engineers will get it there. Maybe they'll need Nvidia's help from the people behind the Grid service, or maybe that's why this service is going to run on though I don't see any mention of it.

Is it perfect latency? No. But very very playable. And I'm looking forward to hopefully getting into beta at some point and testing it on all of my devices.

I only game on pc with mouse and keyboard. I dont mind controllers but other devices are meh.. Also internet speeds and lateny are not quiet there yet.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE