No boot after cpu fiddling

Veyro

My friend got a new i5(1150) to upgrade from his old i3(1155) which didn't work. I can't remember all the details but we put on the old i3 and took out the cmos battery in an attempt to reset the bios and when it turned on the fans spun up then stopped, spun up then stopped repeating over and over. We tried taking out the harddrive optical drive, use one stick of ram,(he didn't take out the gpu because he doesn't want to unscrew it, -_- ) But none of that fixed the problem. He couldn't find the jumper switch for the bios. I'm over skype and can't really help him as much. He says he unplugged it from the outlet and hes done stuff with building computers before.(pretty sure its running on no thermal paste right now but it should still boot) thanks for help in advanced.

everytime a new boot turns on there is a single beep.

has a gigabyte mother board

Are you saying you tried to insert an LGA1150 CPU into an 1155 socket?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You CANNOT use an 1150 CPU in a 1155 motherboard.

You instantly just destroyed both components.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

These are jumpers, they should fix the problem

c00420366.jpg

or wrong socket

CPU: i7 4770 GPU: GTX Asus 760 CASE: Zalman Z11 Blue COOLER: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 STORAGE: 2TB Toshiba Hard Drive 120 GB SSD

Uh an 1150 socket cpu stuck into an 1155 socket mobo?  Is that what he did?  If so nice going.  You likely just broke something.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Did you just say you stuck a LGA1150 CPU into a LGA1155 socket motherboard? Way to go, you killed the new CPU, and that motherboard.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Are you saying you tried to insert an LGA1150 CPU into an 1155 socket?

Yeah it didnt really work out.. He didn't check the socket compatibilities before hand

You kinda goofed there. The number one rule of CPU shopping is the sockets must match or it will not work.So now not only does he need a new cpu but a new motherboard. Good luck mate.  :(

If he has done computer builds, why did he bought a cpu without checking the sockets? 

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Ok I guess their isn't a way to fix it, I'll tell him to get new parts!

If he has done computer builds, why did he bought a cpu without checking the sockets? 

That does seem odd.