Sennheiser HD 518's

Kyzer

I read that the 558's need a amp. Do the 518's need it? My on board sound is 7.1 channel Realtek 1150.

But first, let's talk about parallel universes.

Spoiler

Intel i7-4790k undervolt, NVidia EVGA GTX 980Ti SC Reference, NVidia EVGA GTX 480 SC Reference, ASUS Z97-A/USB3.1, SK Hynix SL308 240GB, WD Green 2TB, Hynix 1333 8GB (4x2), XFX Core Pro 850w, NH-U12S, 4x NF-F12's, Sennheiser HD 558's, Blue Yeti, Corsair K70 (red), Logitech MX Master, XBox One Controller, ASUS VG248QE 144Hz, HP 2010i

Technically, ALL headphones need an amp. The 5xx series from Sennheiser do not require a powerful amplifier; the do require an amplifier with low output impedance.

Technically, ALL headphones need an amp. The 5xx series from Sennheiser do not require a powerful amplifier; the do require an amplifier with low output impedance.

They will work fine without a dedicated AMP but yes an AMP allows you the push them a bit more.

\

They will work fine without a dedicated AMP but yes an AMP allows you the push them a bit more.

Ty

Spoiler

Intel i7-4790k undervolt, NVidia EVGA GTX 980Ti SC Reference, NVidia EVGA GTX 480 SC Reference, ASUS Z97-A/USB3.1, SK Hynix SL308 240GB, WD Green 2TB, Hynix 1333 8GB (4x2), XFX Core Pro 850w, NH-U12S, 4x NF-F12's, Sennheiser HD 558's, Blue Yeti, Corsair K70 (red), Logitech MX Master, XBox One Controller, ASUS VG248QE 144Hz, HP 2010i

What, past the pain threshold?

What, past the pain threshold?

Yeah pretty much, also let you adjust things like Base and Treble on the Amp instead on your OS.

\

Yeah pretty much, also let you adjust things like Base and Treble on the Amp instead on your OS.

Do the 518's have 7.1 surround sound or no? I haven't bought them yet and I would like to know before I buy them, or I might have to go with something else

Spoiler

Do the 518's have 7.1 surround sound or no? I haven't bought them yet and I would like to know before I buy them, or I might have to go with something else

They are stereo, just like every other headphone on the planet.

http://www.razerzone.com/surround

I really didn't ask for cheap razer shit. Sorry, neon green is not my color lol 

thanks anyway.

EDIT: after looking, i noticed it was a driver editor.. thing. Sorry.

Spoiler

thanks anyway.

Yeah this guy didn't ask for cheap Razer shit, he asked for 7.1 surround sound. :P

Seriously though, what on earth do you need 7.1 virtual surround sound for?

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

thanks anyway.

GG.

It's free and works with any setup. Worst case scenario you install it, don't like it, and uninstall it.