Nexus 6 or Other?

benthegreat17

Hello there!

I am currently looking to upgrade my phone from the Samsung S5 since Touch Wiz has really turned out not to be for me, any recommendations for stock Android device. I have really liked the Nexus 6 so I am currently thinking about that device... Recommendations would be great! I am from Canada if that helps.

- Benjamin

Absolutely love my Nexus 6, If you liked it too and want stock android just go for it. You won't regret it.

No expandable memory was the deal breaker for me'20but it was in my final few when I recently bought a couple new phones. S6 is right around the corner just saying. 

I got an M8 and totally regret it, I would gave gotten a Nexus 6.

Why do you regret it? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

No expandable memory was the deal breaker for me'20but it was in my final few when I recently bought a couple new phones. S6 is right around the corner just saying. 

lol samsung...

Better specs, better screen, Vanilla Google experience.

idk why people care so much. I got 5.0.2 faster than anyone else, mainly because it was only released officially to the nexus 7 2012, and nearly all custom ROMs except CM12 use it.

Yes can't go wrong with the nexus 6 or maybe wait for the google play edition of the htc one m9

Better specs, better screen, Vanilla Google experience.

Better specs not by much, you won't notice the difference due to the 1440p performance drawbacks.

Better screen, eh, they're both really good

Vanilla Google experience, Convert to GPE or install CM

"Rawr XD"

If you really want stock Android and your fine with the size then Nexus 6 is a great choice.

I recommend against the Nexus 6. It's just not that good.

Have you tried installing a different launcher such as Nova Launcher on your Galaxy S5? It makes a big difference.

I don't think it's worth spending so much money if you already have a current flagship.

If you really want a new phone then wait 1-2 months more and see what the next generation brings to the table. This is pretty much the worst possible time to buy a smartphone because MWC is in February.