(for a friend) Looking for a AMD Gaming Laptop

okay so we're looking for a laptop, and it has to have a AMD CPU and Radeon Graphics (my friend doesnt like intel) and they want to work with Radeon graphics too.

One idea was the new FX 7600P with a R7 M260, but i cant seem to find which make or model would be best with that build,

our budget would be about 600-900$.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

Okay, I guess the easiest solution would be an AMD APU-based laptop, but I think that Intel/NVidia is really the way to go here.

Sig under construction.

Okay, I guess the easiest solution would be an AMD APU-based laptop, but I think that Intel/NVidia is really the way to go here.

^^^

AMD is just not competitive in the high end laptop department now. Especially in terms of power usage and battery life. Other than that an AMD APU would do just fine. It has built in radeon graphics along with a good Processor. 

[CPU] i7 4790K OC [CPU Cooler] H100i [GPU] Evga GTX 980 SuperClocked [Ram] Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1866 mhz [PSU] Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro [storage] 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 1 TB WD Blue 4 TB Seagate Nas. [Motherboard] Msi Z97 Gaming 5 [Case] Phantom 410 Red [sound] Onboard ALC 1150 [Headphones] Sennheiser HD 558 [Keyboard] Razer BlackWidow Chroma  [Mouse] Razer Deathadder Chroma [Mouse] Razer FireFly [Monitor] Asus MG278Q

Oh guy's we found a ASUS X550ZE Laptop, but it's in currys/PC World.

do currys do worldwide shipping (to USA)?

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

One idea was the new FX 7600P with a R7 M260, but i cant seem to find which make or model would be best with that build,

our budget would be about 600-900$.

R7 M260 is... quite lacking. It performs about on the level of a GT 730M, which isn't fantastic. 

"Rawr XD"

SNIP

except for shitty APUs AMD do not making gaming laptops (as far as CPUs go)

You can get intel laptops with AMD graphics though

Why does he not like intel? their processors are much better for gaming on both laptop AND desktop

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Why does he not like intel? their processors are much better for gaming on both laptop AND desktop

Probably cuz Intel is a cut-throat bully and bandit when it comes to competing with other companies. If you are not a millenial you should be old enough to have heard some of their past "strategies". There was a reason why lawsuits flew left and right around Intel and AMD back in the day.

Not too fond of Intel myself to be honest.

And its not like BETTER processors mean anything nowadays. Any processor from a year or two ago will be exactly as good as any of the most expensive processor anyway... for general use and non specific work AND gaming.

except for shitty APUs AMD do not making gaming laptops (as far as CPUs go)

For the moment AMD's APU graphics do outperform Intel's iGPUs, but Intel are definitely getting better as time goes by.

If I'm already going for a power-hungry laptop honestly I don't like Intel for some reason either. They do definitely win me over for their ULV chips in Ultrabooks though, hence my i5 laptop

And its not like BETTER processors mean anything nowadays. Any processor from a year or two ago will be exactly as good as any of the most expensive processor anyway... for general use and non specific work AND gaming.

Except when using one or two cores, which many games do, a Core 2 Duo from 2008 performs the same as today's AMD FX.

"Rawr XD"

Except when using one or two cores, which many games do, a Core 2 Duo from 2008 performs the same as today's AMD FX.

I can tell you from experience that a q6600 is pure shit and lagfest compared to a FX 6core on am3+

Its all a fugazi bro... 

the only thing you need is a current gen processor of around 100$ and thats it, you cant possibly need anything more for gaming

Probably cuz Intel is a cut-throat bully and bandit when it comes to competing with other companies. If you are not a millenial you should be old enough to have heard some of their past "strategies". There was a reason why lawsuits flew left and right around Intel and AMD back in the day.

Not too fond of Intel myself to be honest.

I know, but I also don't politics and morals effect the performance of my PC, so they are dicks, they make good products, unless they start murdering children and kittens ,... I would probably stop buying the products if that happened

Of course better processors mean things, for those of us that do more than browsing the internet and a bit of gaming, if it can speed up my workflow or let me do things simultaneously or allow me to run a smaller quieter PC or many other things then thats important

If its no different maybe we should just stop creating new processors, im sure in 100 years a core 2 duo will be just fine to drive our 3d holographic wrist watch computers :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I can tell you from experience that a q6600 is pure shit and lagfest compared to a FX 6core on am3+

tkwdurq.png

"Rawr XD"