Do you know anyone at your school/college/university/work who is a PC enthusiast

asim1999

I know only 1 person: my maths teacher out of all people. He has been building PCs for as long as i have existed on this earth, and has been watercooling and overclocking for over a decade. He has "easily" overclocked one of the old single-core AMDs (Athlon 64 era) from 1.8Ghz to 3Ghz on water and is a great video editor and computer/server manager and he runs this national space project where me and my friend are the 2 video editors (Using RED RAMPAGE to do video editing)

So i would like to know, do you know anyone at your school/college/university/work who is a PC enthusiast and how many PCs have they built, what are the specs of their rigs and what is their biggest achievement in regards to PC building (answer these if possible) 

thanks

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

I'm all alone.

Except for you guys.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

I'm all alone.

Except for you guys.

feels.jpg

CPU: i7 8700k Motherboard: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming RAM: 4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (2 white, 2 black) GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor Case: Corsair Crystal 570x White HDD: 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Sata 3 SSD: 240GB Corsair Force 3 + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PSU: Corsair RM750i OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Samsung S24C570L 1080p 23.6" + AOC AGON 240Hz 1080p Sound: HyperX Cloud Headset Black/Red + Logitech Z213 Speakers 2.1

I have friends at school into PC Gaming/Building. My Chemistry teacher just built a computer for the first time with his brother over the break

Life.exe is missing

I don't count I go to College for Electrical engineering and if your not a computer enthusiast your in the wrong course 

Same here. The close to PC enthusiast/building I've seen on my college is people replacing or installing a new hard drive.
Some guys in the dorm launched Kali (ex Backtrack) and hacked a wep wifi after viewing 10 000+ tutorials and my friend started to praise them, I just laughed my ass off.
Another case is where some guys in the dorm have their own "website building service" etc. I came over once because my friend called me (same one mentioned above) and saw that they were using Joomla, Wordpress etc. they don't know a single line of code... OH GOD!

So that's the crap I put up with every day. :)

Well... I guess working with Linus and the NCIX crew makes me a bit different, but I also went to school for programming so that's why all my peeps are computer geeks. 

We all have varying degrees of tech abilities, but for the most part almost everyone could teardown and build their own PC.

@TechBenchTV

Ex-NCIX Tech Tips Producer.  Linus hates my scripts. 

I have some friends that are into pc gaming but dont know much about actually building them :(

My dad on the other hand.... He built a machine with triple 580's 32gb memory a 3930k and a rampage IV extreme. He then ordered full watercooling for the board, cpu and gpu's. Cpu runs 5ghz stable :)

I have some friends that are into pc gaming but dont know much about actually building them :(

My dad on the other hand.... He built a machine with triple 580's 32gb memory a 3930k and a rampage IV extreme. He then ordered full watercooling for the board, cpu and gpu's. Cpu runs 5ghz stable :)

OMG wow, i wish my dad was tech literate. But when ur parents are asian, it is the complete opposite 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

I'm the only real enthusiast in my school (that I know personally, meaning 200 out of 400 potential people).

There are some older peeps but I don't know them well enough to know what they're into or stuff.

My dad has a Mac Pro 2013 that he upgraded to 64GB of RAM for little reason but he uses it for driving many displays and using OSX.

Sig under construction.

I know my wife and my parents if that counts. 

I only do freelance work, so I have worked with people who are tech savy. At my university team, I am the only tech savy one.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I'm the only enthusiast I know.

I think my school's IT technicians may be but I'm not sure.

I got sent to prison after following Linus' instructions to #Makebombs

Forum's resident nihilist.

A JRPG just wouldn't be a JRPG if it didn't end with teenagers using the power of friendship to kill God.

OMG wow, i wish my dad was tech literate. But when ur parents are asian, it is the complete opposite 

I find that rather amusing actually.. I hope this doesnt offend you but it would seem asians are always cliched as being some of the most tech savvy people.. At least on the internet that seems to be the case -.- i know plenty of asians that dont know the first thing about pc's which disproves that. Anyway yeah, We called my dads system diablo and mine tyrael. Were diablo fanatics in this house.. lol

Dad knows basic browsing , mom is a casual user . Classmates dont know shit about PCs, except for one guy that somehow played Watchdogs , at 20-30 fps he said it was ok , i cringed .

At my college, you either have a macbook (85% of the students) (pro/air/normal) or you have a PC (10% laptops) (5% towers). Of those who have towers, most are custom built budget rigs (sub-$700). Only I and a couple others have $2,000+ invested.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

About 3/12 people (I am one of the three) in my Tech class are PC enthusiasts who built their own gaming PC's. The rest of them know how to build a PC but don't play games, so they won't build their own. Two of them asked me for advice to build a Gaming PC for cheap but haven't got the parts yet.

About 3/12 people (I am one of the three) in my Tech class are PC enthusiasts who built their own gaming PC's. 

^

Steve

I've got a couple friends that are really into computers. Even helped to get a proper parts list for one of them.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

Never met anyone who was an enthusiast other then guys I play with online. Known tons of people in person who fix and build computers but they do it for the mainstream crowd. Frankly most people I know just know that you hit a button, the PC, laptop or tablet turns on and they can get on the internet....that's about all they care to know. 

The only other people I know who have built their own PC is my boyfriend and cousin. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I feel so lonely. Me and my bro built a 3d printer and I know exactly how to build a PC and I am about to build my $1000 rig but my bro doesn't know anything about it and no one else I knows is even remotely interested in it.

It Won't Fail Cause of Me.

Pshhh... Fuck no. I'm the tech support of my group of friends. I tell someone at school I enjoy building computers and they respond with some of the dumbest shit.

"You can't build a goddamn computer." "Your a lying fuck, good luck in life telling lies." "Heh... BULLSHIT YOU PRICK." Yeah... Everyone at my school is a douche.

Either way, I enjoy doing stuff for friends. I find it more of a hobby than a job. :)

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Freshman year I lived on a floor with 24 other engineering students. 3 years later I still live with some of them and I'm in contact with most. At this point like half of the people I talk to on a monthly basis are computer people. It's awesome.

May your framertes be high and your remperatures low.