[New Cherry Switch Type] Cherry RK (RealKey) and Cherry MX 6.0 Board

Agent181

So in singleplayer u will actually make use of 1ms, but multiplayer neveeeeeeer :(

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Interesting

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

NKRO is useless to me and most people it also makes most BIO's usable. 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

Interesting.

Now gimme my corsair rgb cherry mx blue keyboard you sons-a-bitches!

GIVE IT BACK! >.<

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

This isn't a switch type, it's a pcb design as far as I can tell. If im wrong, correct me.

Razer's cutting edge TrueKey and Logitech's ProperKey along with Steelseries' KeyV2 will be Apple-grade revolutionary.

That actually sounds legit.

So in singleplayer u will actually make use of 1ms, but multiplayer neveeeeeeer :(

Not really... In multiplayer, if it took 20ms for your clicks to register in your computer then another 40ms for it to reach the servers, it would take a total of 60ms from when you press a key and the server registering the action. If it only took 1ms for your click to register, you would only be limited by ping or 41ms. Sure on LAN the effects would be much better 20ms verses 1ms = 95% less lag compared to 60 verses 41 = 32% less lag, but you still make use of 1ms.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

When I fist learned about ghosting and then why it happens I wondered when this type of design would be used, surprised it hasnt been done before. I would be interested in getting one but the prices will not be nice. :(

Sexy design. Not much else to say.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

Razer's cutting edge TrueKey and Logitech's ProperKey along with Steelseries' KeyV2 will be Apple-grade revolutionary.

mehh...

butbutbutbut.. they went away from the low-depth keycaps of the Cherry MX-board 3.0 D:

"Hidden optical drive, crouching PC-builder."

Does annyone know if this keyboard has a release date or so?

Redliquid~

Does annyone know if this keyboard has a release date or so?

Late Q2 and Early Q3 2015

Doesn't sound like a must-have.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I don't think it's different switch used. It's still cherry MX switches, it's just the way the controller of the board detect your keys and of course, NKRO.

That's interesting because Cherry MX keys are spec'ed for a ≤5ms debounce so having a report rate lower than that could lead to false key presses, unless of course this is more marketing stuff so that latency is actually after the 5ms+ of debounce time ;) lol... I suppose you could have the debounce as a dead time between key presses making low latency with a no repeat time?... Makes me wonder what those (A4Tech was it?) optical keyboards latency is because you wouldn't have debounce there...

• 3 weeks later...

nope don't think so but they are low, I don't believe them about the 20ms and 1ms,, so yeah I will wait for reviews.

as low as 1ms??

If a keyboard has 1000mhz polling rate, that would translate to 1ms right?

So all keyboards with 1000mhz polling rate should also have 1ms?

Confirm someone?

Redliquid~

If a keyboard has 1000mhz polling rate, that would translate to 1ms right?

So all keyboards with 1000mhz polling rate should also have 1ms?

Confirm someone?

Yeah someone confirm this ??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

so..they are acting like the first people to do anti-ghosting? 

I mean this is great an all, and I'd love to see a new switch, but come on. Sounds like a lot of marketing fluff. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

so..they are acting like the first people to do anti-ghosting?

I mean this is great an all, and I'd love to see a new switch, but come on. Sounds like a lot of marketing fluff.

This is more like Adaptive sync is to v-sync; normal pcb's being v-sync and this new type being Adaptive sync.

great, all i really see here is more companies using this as a way to bump up prices on keyboards :/ maybe thatll drop the prices of current ones and i can finally get a good deal on one and dump my membrane keyboard after a year and a half of painful typing.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

This is more like Adaptive sync is to v-sync; normal pcb's being v-sync and this new type being Adaptive sync.

yah...well idk....this sin't that big of an improvement. 20ms is an exaggeration. They also act like anti-ghosting designs don't exist. Even if all of their claims were true about the latency, this is such a minor difference compared to vsync vs adaptive sync. I mean mechanical keyboards make me horny and all, but this seems a bit ridiculous and a lot like marketing fluff.  

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

yah...well idk....this sin't that big of an improvement. 20ms is an exaggeration. They also act like anti-ghosting designs don't exist. Even if all of their claims were true about the latency, this is such a minor difference compared to vsync vs adaptive sync. I mean mechanical keyboards make me horny and all, but this seems a bit ridiculous and a lot like marketing fluff.

Maybe. It's still an advancement in keyboard design, so I'll take it.

Maybe. It's still an advancement in keyboard design, so I'll take it.

mhmm. The analog part makes me excited more so than the latency improvement. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Could of sworn Luke or Linus have said in one of there videos either CES or the Factory tour that cherry never has used digital for this specific reason so wtf.

Could of sworn Luke or Linus have said in one of there videos either CES or the Factory tour that cherry never has used digital for this specific reason so wtf.

if they said that they are wrong. an MX switch at least is digital for certain. 

edit maybe they were talking about some of their keyboards had an analog solution, that IDK about. 

That is possible. 

Enlighten me someone? 

muh specs 

All parts black