What about GTX 970 SHOWDOWN?!

duzy_wonsz

Hello gentleman of the internet. As opposed to the fact that we wouldn't like to see GPUs "R! K! O!" each other on a WWE SHOWDOWN, here I'd like to ask you what do you think about GTX 970s (few of them) and what Video Card could be better in terms of bucks to performance. (We talking about prices in Poland for now :3 )

SO HERE WE GO!

In Red Corner we have

MSI GTX 970 G1 Gaming for 430 USD

In Black Corner we have

Gigabyte GTX 970 OC for 415 USD

In Blue Corner we have

EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 for 450 USD

Which one is better?! Which one is more silent? Which one gives more power?! Which one is good for BitFenix Prodigy M?! WHICH WILL BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THE COMPETITION?!!

LET'S GET READDDYYYYYYY TOOOOOO RUUUUUMMMMBBBLLLEEEEEE!!!! (Sory... Got a little carried away :D)

P.S. Add your suggestions with cards that will give me better performance/buck, but still carry ULTRA capabilities (ULTRA settings, ULTRA resolutions, ULTRA POWER!!!)

Hello gentleman of the internet. As opposed to the fact that we wouldn't like to see GPUs "R! K! O!" each other on a WWE SHOWDOWN, here I'd like to ask you what do you think about GTX 970s (few of them) and what Video Card could be better in terms of bucks to performance. (We talking about prices in Poland for now :3 )

SO HERE WE GO!

In Red Corner we have

In Black Corner we have

In Blue Corner we have

Which one is better?! Which one is more silent? Which one gives more power?! Which one is good for BitFenix Prodigy M?! WHICH WILL BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THE COMPETITION?!!

LET'S GET READDDYYYYYYY TOOOOOO RUUUUUMMMMBBBLLLEEEEEE!!!! (Sory... Got a little carried away :D)

P.S. Add your suggestions with cards that will give me better performance/buck, but still carry ULTRA capabilities (ULTRA settings, ULTRA resolutions, ULTRA POWER!!!)

They are all good cards if you want to go overclocking or watercooling get the EVGA if you want a good silent card get the Gigabyte but do note it's long so you won't  want that in your prodigy I think.

I'm personally stuck between the SC ACX 2.0 and the G1 Gaming, I like the overall look of the SC ACX 2.0 and its smaller size, though I like the backplate, low noise level under load, cool temps, and glowing logo of the g1 gaming...

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

The EVGA looks like the best solution in a small form factor, the 3 fans on the windforce exhausting a tonne of heat into a small case IS NOT good. And MSI is just meh

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

what about palit gtx 970 jetstream?

in singapore, its listed as one of the cheapest cards

i'm stuck between getting palit or msi or zotac

Yeah. Palit is cheap. That's why I don't trust it :D

Btw. Can you use MSI afterburner with any GTX 970?

EVGA are cheapskates and therefore don't deserve your money.  They are on my **** list along with MSI.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

MSI card has a nice red sexy looking and weird fan blades. But too bad, I'm not a big fan of MSI.

For the Gigabyte, either G1 or non-G1 ver. is heavily overclocked. Nice backplate and I like an 8 pins connector. But there are 2 things that I don't like. First is the blue LED logo is not for everyone... I don't like it because it can't fit my red mobo theme. Second is the card length is much longer than my d***. it won't fit my case...

EVGA is a great choice and I'm planning to get it. I think there is no point to get a FTW ver. because you can OC your card by yourself anyway. And I don't see any improvement on ACX 2.0 over 1.0. I will get a blower ver. instead because a blower is a better solution for hot case issue, louder noise doesn't matter to me.

In indigo corner we have

Asus Strix for an even more costly.. But silent operation. Moderate cooling performance, pretty nice stock OC speed even though they are not very necessary. quite good build quality, but I don't like a new Strix design for some reason, the older gen looks better..

Primary PC
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | M/B: Asus ROG Strix X370-F | RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz 32GB | GPU: Asus TUF RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6 | SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 250GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB x2 | Power: Thermaltake Toughpower 80+ Gold 650W | Sound card: Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5  | Case: NZXT H500 | Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 | Display: Samsung CHG70 27" 1440p 144Hz QLED

Secondary PC
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | M/B: Asrock B450M Pro 4 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator 3200MHz 16GB | GPU: Asrock RX 5700 8GB GDDR6 | SSD: Crucial P1 1TB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Power: Coolermaster Masterwatt 550 | CaseAerocool Cylon Mini | Cooling: BeQuiet Pure Rock Slim 2 | Display: Samsung CFG73 24" 1080p 144Hz QLED

Thanks for reading

I can recommend the Gigabyte, depening where you live it might be your best option. The other cards are passively cooled but run at higher temps. If you live in a hot place get the Gigabyte one.

I can recommend the Gigabyte, depening where you live it might be your best option. The other cards are passively cooled but run at higher temps. If you live in a hot place get the Gigabyte one.

Gigabyte is the bad choice for BitFenix Prodigy M because of the size. And yes, Gigabyte is the best at cooling solution, but don't forget that it will bring more workload on Prodigy M to discharge the heat. If the case temp is hot, then the card will be hot anyway.

Primary PC
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | M/B: Asus ROG Strix X370-F | RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz 32GB | GPU: Asus TUF RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6 | SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 250GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB x2 | Power: Thermaltake Toughpower 80+ Gold 650W | Sound card: Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5  | Case: NZXT H500 | Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 | Display: Samsung CHG70 27" 1440p 144Hz QLED

Secondary PC
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | M/B: Asrock B450M Pro 4 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator 3200MHz 16GB | GPU: Asrock RX 5700 8GB GDDR6 | SSD: Crucial P1 1TB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Power: Coolermaster Masterwatt 550 | CaseAerocool Cylon Mini | Cooling: BeQuiet Pure Rock Slim 2 | Display: Samsung CFG73 24" 1080p 144Hz QLED

Thanks for reading

Gigabyte is the bad choice for BitFenix Prodigy M because of the size. And yes, Gigabyte is the best at cooling solution, but don't forget that it will bring more workload on Prodigy M to discharge the heat. If the case temp is hot, then the card will be hot anyway.

Oh yeah sorry.

OP consider a blower style cooler if your case is too small /:

SO HERE WE GO!

In Red Corner we have

In Black Corner we have

In Blue Corner we have

MSI 970 g1 gaming?

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

Ok. So what are my choices with Back Blowers? I only know Palit. Recommended by one person and cheapest card in Poland :D

BTW. Looking at dimensions Gigabyte should fit just fine.

BTW2. I have i5-K and it's Damn powerful on stock and I won silicone lottery with it staying way cooler than all the others even tho I'm pushing it's Graphics to the limit.

So! What Back Blower or I'm going with Gigabyte (As I have a blue themed rig it would fit right in! :D)

EVGA are cheapskates and therefore don't deserve your money.  They are on my **** list along with MSI.

Cheapskates?... Please enlighten us.

im in a bit of a fit choosing between the Strix and the G1. i dont know which to go for =( i wish the G1 had a red glowing led to fit in but thats no biggie

Intel i5 4690K, Asus GTX 970 STRIX, Asus Z97-PRO Gamer, DeepCool Assassin, Ares 16gb ram, Fractal R4, FSP Aurum Pro 1000W PSU, Samsung 840 evo 250gb, WD Green 2TB.

Gigabyte is better though you should have got g1 edition to really compare them. 

just a few words:

gigabyte gtx 970 g1 gaming with a artic cooling accelero extreme IV.

Rock on!

the hell with the looks of it, with that kind of cooling your gpu will overclock beastly moster :P

Cheapskates?... Please enlighten us.

Reusing cooling solutions for old cards with the 900 series cards is what they did.  **** EVGA.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

im in a bit of a fit choosing between the Strix and the G1. i dont know which to go for =( i wish the G1 had a red glowing led to fit in but thats no biggie

I can personally recommend the Strix, especially due to the 0db feature. Perfect for me, when I'm not gaming I use the speakers on my monitor so it is nice that my PC next to me is silent and when I'm gaming I wear headphones :)

I can personally recommend the Strix, especially due to the 0db feature. Perfect for me, when I'm not gaming I use the speakers on my monitor so it is nice that my PC next to me is silent and when I'm gaming I wear headphones :)

i guess that little bit of extra power on the g1 gets null'd by the 0 db feature on the strix.

strix it is :D

Intel i5 4690K, Asus GTX 970 STRIX, Asus Z97-PRO Gamer, DeepCool Assassin, Ares 16gb ram, Fractal R4, FSP Aurum Pro 1000W PSU, Samsung 840 evo 250gb, WD Green 2TB.

Boys. I'm asking a out Back Blowers. What will be a good BLOWER style cooled GPU?