Uncompressed Music

PMoneyMillionaire

This thread tho....

Either strut sexuality or let me have my fun.

Personally I buy CDs. They are always excellent quality (not sure if actually uncompressed) and can be easily ripped to FLAC files. They can be delivered and represent a decent value, with the only drawback being the limited selection of songs compared to ITunes or Amazon Digital Music (or similar).

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

Either strut sexuality or let me have my fun.

Imma let you have your way with this one, I'm all out after the crafty morning wank. 

Imma let you have your way with this one, I'm all out after the crafty morning wank. 

"crafty", like with glue or something.

"crafty", like with glue or something.

Crafty as in no one knew about it till a few minutes ago. 

I'm serious, what's the difference?

You can't hear the difference on normal headphones, even premium ones with DAC/AMPs, because you wont push the volume high enough to actually hear the difference

Thread T;LDR : flac is better than mp3

Crafty as in no one knew about it till a few minutes ago. 

I'm glad I was the first to know.

You can't hear the difference on normal headphones, even premium ones with DAC/AMPs, because you wont push the volume high enough to actually hear the difference

Thread T;LDR : flac is better than mp3

Won't I, now. So what is the difference when you can hear it?

Ringing in your ears :D

Ringing in your ears :D

Still waiting for justification of the ludicrous statement that headphones can't get as loud as speakers.

Uhm okay let's put it another way, have you ever heard a DJ playing a 128kbps mp3 in a club ? I'll tell you what it sounds like, the bass spits like someone shitting fiery tacos and the treble just goes as far as someone who got his legs cut

256kbps mp3 are slightly better, 320kbps are a lot better, though you can only add gain to a certain level before it clips thus destroying the speakers and the ears of everyone

Then there is flac, when you can really push the song with FX and gain a lot farther before it starts to clip. So, the point is at low volume on home audio speakers you can't tell the difference

Then there is flac, when you can really push the song with FX and gain a lot farther before it starts to clip. So, the point is at low volume on home audio speakers you can't tell the difference

What in flying fuck are you even talking about.

I think its something about weight reduction. 

F*cking while flying??

*new entry on 'to-do things before I die'

Literal things to do. 

uhm mixers ? you know with little knobs and faders, equalizers, effects, gain? 2000 watts amps ? yes, that's why i said you won't hear the difference in your desk.

And this is coming from a full time DJ so i know what the swimming fuck i'm talking about

I was only stating the fact that flac is better than mp3 quality wise, you wanted to know why so i tried to find an example for you, if you need a simpler example well cant help you m8

Uhm okay let's put it another way, have you ever heard a DJ playing a 128kbps mp3 in a club ? I'll tell you what it sounds like, the bass spits like someone shitting fiery tacos and the treble just goes as far as someone who got his legs cut

256kbps mp3 are slightly better, 320kbps are a lot better, though you can only add gain to a certain level before it clips thus destroying the speakers and the ears of everyone

Seriously? If clipping is based on the source audio, then it will be audible at any volume level where the driver is trying to drive a clipped frequency. It won't suddenly show up when you crank it up, volume-based clipping only occurs when you drive your amp too hard. Nothing about turning up the volume will change the quality of the source audio, unless your amplifier is garbage.

Seriously? If clipping is based on the source audio, then it will be audible at any volume level where the driver is trying to drive a clipped frequency. It won't suddenly show up when you crank it up, volume-based clipping only occurs when you drive your amp too hard. Nothing about turning up the volume will change the quality of the source audio, unless your amplifier is garbage.

Were you not listening, he is real DJ's, he knows the audio. 

Well now I know.

uhm mixers ? you know with little knobs and faders, equalizers, effects, gain? 2000 watts amps ? yes, that's why i said you won't hear the difference in your desk.

And this is coming from a full time DJ so i know what the swimming fuck i'm talking about

I was only stating the fact that flac is better than mp3 quality wise, you wanted to know why so i tried to find an example for you, if you need a simpler example well cant help you m8

I'm not impressed by the wattage of your amp. Pretty sure that mp3 doesn't clip before lossless but it's hard to argue with someone who just makes assertions and then throws up credentials as justification.

I'm not impressed by the wattage of your amp. Pretty sure that mp3 doesn't clip before lossless but it's hard to argue with someone who just makes assertions and then throws up credentials as justification.

I'm making points justified by my own experiences with both mp3 and lossless, if you dont like it then i dont know m8, move on ? the other dude's "mp3 is better than lossless both quality and filesize" was what i was replyin to tho

I'm making points justified by my own experiences with both mp3 and lossless, if you dont like it then i dont know m8, move on ? the other dude's "mp3 is better than lossless both quality and filesize" was what i was replyin to tho

The only way mp3 would clip before lossless when the volume is increased is if clipping occurred during encoding or decoding of the file, perhaps due to quantization noise. This should be readily audible, however, on any equipment as headphones can easily be boosted up to the pain threshold as well. Same goes for effects, you can apply all kinds of DSP on a computer.

If you want to be taken seriously, you need to make claims that line up with how audio processing and amplification even function in the real world. If the source material is clipped, it wll be clipped at all wattages of amplification. Amplification will not suddenly clip a low-quality file, it will make the clipping that was always there more apparent.

Also, louder does not mean better ability to assess quality. Nothing about driving 1000W speakers 1 meter from me will make them more discerning of the frequencies present in source audio than the IEMs literally centimeters from my ear drums. If I can't hear the difference with as close to perfect acoustics as possible, I'm not going to suddenly hear them from feet away in whatever acoustically abysmal environment you built in your car just because it's louder.

If you want to be taken seriously, you need to make claims that line up with how audio processing and amplification even function in the real world. If the source material is clipped, it wll be clipped at all wattages of amplification. Amplification will not suddenly clip a low-quality file, it will make the clipping that was always there more apparent.

Also, louder does not mean better ability to assess quality. Nothing about driving 1000W speakers 1 meter from me will make them more discerning of the frequencies present in source audio than the IEMs literally centimeters from my ear drums. If I can't hear the difference with as close to perfect acoustics as possible, I'm not going to suddenly hear them from feet away in whatever acoustically abysmal environment you built in your car just because it's louder.

whey, someone who knows what they're talking about.

whey, someone who knows what they're talking about.

Butts the other guy was real IRL DoubleDJay's 

Butts the other guy was real IRL DoubleDJay's 

oh shit oh goddmamn. And a full time one, at that.