Uncompressed Music

PMoneyMillionaire

Best you're going to get from most places is 320kbps, and occasionally FLAC. Bandcamp is probably your best bet from what I've seen, but it's a lot of EDM.

Why would you use uncompressed? It worse than 320kbps MP3.

Wot ? MP3 is compressed, sure with normal headphones or speakers you won't hear the difference between MP3 and FLAC, but with proper audio gear i dont think FLAC is worse

Wot ? MP3 is compressed, sure with normal headphones or speakers you won't hear the difference between MP3 and FLAC, but with proper audio gear i dont think FLAC is worse

Yeah flac is different. Not in a good way. Neither quality nor file size.

i see people still dont know what mp3 is

Yeah flac is different. Not in a good way. Neither quality nor file size.

i see people still dont know what mp3 is

So basically you're saying that MP3 which is lossy, is better than lossless formats ? 

yes. you are loosing noise. 

and gaining space.

Double win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoBPNTAFZMo

>Loosing noise

If we follow your statement, then everyone should be listening to 64kbps MP3's because they are less than 1mb file size

>Loosing noise

If we follow your statement, then everyone should be listening to 64kbps MP3's because they are less than 1mb file size

The actual question is, can one hear the differences between the 2 files on between 1:24-1:42? Or if one can say, 'holy shit, I'm missing the sound on 1:45!!!', without actually watching all the video tho....

>Loosing noise

again, people still dont know what mp3 means. let me draw you

320kpbs is really tight (so tight there is almost no aucustic difference), i just draw so you can see what bitrate is as example.

you are here complaining about mp3 while your headset ( or any equipment ) doesnt have flat response, neither the source perfect and it does the most distortion. Not to mention ambient noise, or even pounding of your heart and blood flow makes much more difference than mp3 320kbps vs flac :D

2gujt3s.jpg

320kbps is really dense bitrate. so dense, that it does not matter, neither on paper nor in your headphones. The guy in video uses 192kbps btw. Go search for 320kbps and all you will hear is noise.

As far as downloads go, bandcamp or HDTracks will provide you with the best selection of FLAC downloads. Many of the MP3 stores have options up to 320kbps bitrates that will be almost indistiguishable from FLAC. 

If Streaming services is what you're looking for then Spotify will let you stream @ 320kbps (and has the option to download playlists for offline play, with a premium subscription). If you would like to stream FLAC at 1411kbps, then I would suggest Tidal.

I rarely buy music anymore, as streaming services save me money when I want to listen to something on a whim, and their libraries are ever-growing. My personal preference is Spotify, as I don't think the fidelity change from 320kbps to FLAC is worth an additional $10/month or the loss in library size with Tidal.

again, people still dont know what mp3 means. let me draw you

320kpbs is really tight (so tight there is almost no aucustic difference), i just draw so you can see what bitrate is as example.

you are here complaining about mp3 while your headset ( or any equipment ) doesnt have flat response, neither the source perfect and it does the most distortion. Not to mention ambient noise, or even pounding of your heart and blood flow makes much more difference than mp3 320kbps vs flac :D

2gujt3s.jpg

320kbps is really dense bitrate. so dense, that it does not matter, neither on paper nor in your headphones. The guy in video uses 192kbps btw. Go search for 320kbps and all you will hear is noise.

You're confused. In your graph you're making it look like mp3 is clipping the peaks in the music, which it doesn't do at all.

yes. you are loosing noise. 

and gaining space.

Double win.

so what you're saying is

that by using MP3 files

my 2TB harddrive will become a 4 TB harddrive?

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

You're confused. In your graph you're making it look like mp3 is clipping the peaks in the music, which it doesn't do at all.

it does actually do that yes. its removing very high frequencies that you cant hear. something above like 16khz is my guess. so its saves space that way too. there are also other stuff, but this is just basic that saves space and removes junk that you dont need. there is some tweaks so there is no weird anomalies when converted.

so what you're saying is

that by using MP3 files

:P

If you have big enough library lol, yes it will store twice the songs. 4TB FLAC = 2TB MP3 320kbps

90$ saved :D

i think this is more for portable players. i mean FLAC is kay if you have 2TB drive with cuple hundred songs on. Just wouldnt pay more for it, or waste space for it.

so what you're saying is

that by using MP3 files

Dude, buy 4TB hard drives, fill it with MP3s, sell as 8TB hard drives, profit. 

*don't forget my cut....

it does actually do that yes. its removing very high frequencies that you cant hear. something above like 16khz is my guess. so its saves space that way too. there are also other stuff, but this is just basic that saves space and removes junk that you dont need. there is some tweaks so there is no weird anomalies when converted.

No, it doesn't. Your "graph" shows the amplitude (i.e. loudness) peaks getting clipped. Lossy compression simply does not do this.

snip

I just answered to your statement, which was that mp3 is better than flac. Answer, it's not. At the end of the video, it shows what you are actually missing from the song when it's on mp3. This only proves one thing, despite the fact that mp3 is smaller in file size, FLAC is better at compressing audio, because it's lossless. 

My "headset" is actually the 2500Watts of audio gear on my car, and I can clearly hear the difference between mp3 and lossless thank you

I just answered to your statement, which was that mp3 is better than flac. Answer, it's not. At the end of the video, it shows what you are actually missing from the song when it's on mp3. This only proves one thing, despite the fact that mp3 is smaller in file size, FLAC is better at compressing audio, because it's lossless. 

My "headset" is actually the 2500Watts of audio gear on my car, and I can clearly hear the difference between mp3 and lossless thank you

Sure you can.

No, it doesn't. Your "graph" shows the amplitude (i.e. loudness) peaks getting clipped. Lossy compression simply does not do this.

oh i meant frequency. i guess i drawn* wrong. how should i do it :D ?

Sure you can.

:)

192kbps bitrate is 128kbps short of 320kpbs :P

so yeas, seeing that you can actually squash a pretty good sounding song into 128kbps then yes, you are loosing, but check 320kbps vs flac and you will see you are loosing just noise.

turn on your sarcasm detector. twice.

oh i meant frequency. i guess i drawn* wrong. how should i do it :D ?

Reduce the sampling rate.

I'm serious, what's the difference?