Pentium G3258 Owners Thread :D

Hi,

So I've grown to LOVE my Pentium G3258. It's an amazing CPU. It can run any game I throw at it (apart from 64 player online BF4, but 32 player is fine).

I've got mine to 4.6GHz at 1.27V. I could probably go less, I just don't really need to as the temps never went higher than 68 degrees in a 12 hour stress test.

Tell me about yours :)

Oh this isnt the 2700k owners club...... well shit..

*quietly leaves*

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Oh this isnt the 1155 cpu owners club...... well shit..

*quietly leaves*

8 thread peasants not allowed...

*leaves too*

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

the performance I get out of just a g3258 and hyper 212 evo is ridiculous for the price at 4.5 GHz. I think my favorite thing about it though is that once I'm done with the g3258 it will make an awesome HTPC processor.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card

Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

I bought one for testing purposes. Its alright I guess, its just that I've found that its mostly good for gaming and average for everything else(average being generous). I just wish that it wouldn't have to be an "anniversary edition" to have an unlocked multiplier(and other things). I hate how Intel plays the market.

the performance I get out of just a g3258 and hyper 212 evo is ridiculous for the price at 4.5 GHz. I think my favorite thing about it though is that once I'm done with the g3258 it will make an awesome HTPC processor.

Agreed. 212 EVO + G3258 = budget awesomeness.

Highly considering buying a G3258, but can I ask which motherboard you're using?

Only bought one because a friend of mine and I were having a discussion. I was debating throwing down more for an i3 or i5 (non-k), and he talked me into getting a g3258. Kinda regretting that now since I'm starting to see new games refuse to run on it. I'm not sweating it, though. It's not my only PC and my main rig's i7 860 can still run multi-threaded games very nicely.

FYI OC'd it on an H85 up to 4.1 on stock cooler. I keep it down to 3.8 so that I don't push it hard. didn't have to up the voltage either. :) This chip's definately got a future in htpc or nas use.

- Alston

I'm not part of the Pentium K club, but I might be soon. I'm still hesitating between that and an i3. Maybe you guys can help me decide:

Can I OC it on a msi H81? I heard that some manufacturers released an official BIOS update for that, is that the case of msi H81?

I'm not part of the Pentium K club, but I might be soon. I'm still hesitating between that and an i3. Maybe you guys can help me decide:

Can I OC it on a msi H81? I heard that some manufacturers released an official BIOS update for that, is that the case of msi H81?

Yes, most H81 boards from MSI are likely capable of overclocking the G3258. There may be a 1.2V limit though.

For safer and more consistent bet is to get an i3. It performs better on average- some things may be quicker on the G3258 (e.g. single thread when overclocked) but some things are totally unusable on a G3258 regardless of clock.

Ah ya, cheers  :D

It's a great motherboard, no problems whatsoever.

Considering buying an Intel for my first build, is the g3258 any good for games like World of Warcraft, Gta 4 and lighter indie games?

"We will build a firewall, the firewall will work, the firewall will be successful and if you don't think firewalls work all you have to do is ask Yahoo" 

You should be able to get 4.7-4.8ghz out of it. Anything less is not worth the $60 you pay for the CPU. Seriously, this is an overclockers club here. You have to push these chips.

You should be able to get 4.7-4.8ghz out of it. Anything less is not worth the $60 you pay for the CPU. Seriously, this is an overclockers club here. You have to push these chips.

Ummm.... 60 bucks for a chip that doesn't bottleneck a GTX 970 is a damn good deal... Also, this isn't an overclockers club. This is a place for people to discuss this CPu and share their overclocks, not be obnoxious and annoying.

Ummm.... 60 bucks for a chip that doesn't bottleneck a GTX 970 is a damn good deal... Also, this isn't an overclockers club. This is a place for people to discuss this CPu and share their overclocks, not be obnoxious and annoying.

I am simply implying it's only $60. You have to push that CPU to the limit. You need 4.8ghz out of it to not bottleneck a 970. A 760 would probably be the correct GPU for that Pentium chip.

I am simply implying it's only $60. You have to push that CPU to the limit. You need 4.8ghz out of it to not bottleneck a 970. A 760 would probably be the correct GPU for that Pentium chip.

Haha, you imbecile. It's been proven that 4.5GHz and above won't bottleneck it. Now please leave this thread.

I see you've not tried overclocking Haswell...

Good luck getting 4.8 out of 90% of the chips.

I see you've not tried overclocking Haswell...

Good luck getting 4.8 out of 90% of the chips.

It's a dual core CPU,  not a quad core. This is why they get higher clocks out of the CPU. I could list online reviews where they achieved stable 4.8ghz OC's if you would like.

It's a dual core CPU,  not a quad core. This is why they get higher clocks out of the CPU. I could list online reviews where they achieved stable 4.8ghz OC's if you would like.

Nope, I really don't. Please leave, I don't care

Haswell is Haswell. Intel's 22nm Tri-Gate doesn't care. It just means your heat output is lower being a dual core.

And all those chips are (ES) tagged. Which means they're Cherry Picked engineering samples. So I couldn't care less what they achieved.

i had 2. got one left now. i don't use it too often, but when i do its at 4.9ghz on 1.4v. i still need to test it with my 970's and finish modding the case now that i have some more dremel disks!

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Haswell is Haswell. Intel's 22nm Tri-Gate doesn't care. It just means your heat output is lower being a dual core.

And all those chips are (ES) tagged. Which means they're Cherry Picked engineering samples. So I couldn't care less what they achieved.

i had 2. got one left now. i don't use it too often, but when i do its at 4.9ghz on 1.4v. i still need to test it with my 970's and finish modding the case now that i have some more dremel disks!

You see my point? He has 4.9ghz. I lowball what an OC should be as a mean or a middle ground. Call it a floating average. Some of these reviews were done by keyboard commando's. Hardly top tier publications. Mostly online internet written reviews.