Super Steam An 8 Year Old's 1st Gaming Pc Build! "Lil help from Dad"

MadMonkey

Ok guys and galls here are the spec's and setup. Well It is a HP Slate Pro 21 All-in-One! It provides easy, simple access to the internet, and streaming views of media content (video, audio, photos). Oh and it Games like a champ with the NvidiaTegra 4 Quad Core (T40S) processor and the Lava lamp next to it is good for about 50-60 extra FPS when fully heated up!!!!

The all-in-one has an active matrix, thin-film transistor (TFT) panel. Features include:
● Android 4.2 operating system with multi-user support
● 54.6 cm (21.5-inch) diagonal viewable area LED display with 1920 x 1080 resolution
● 5 ms response time, 250 nits, 178/178 viewing angle, 1000:1 contrast ratio
● Tilt capability from 15 to 70 degrees
● 2 point optical touchscreen that uses 3 cameras
● NvidiaTegra 4 Quad Core (T40S) processor
● 8 GB flash memory storage
● 3 USB 2.0 ports
● Secure Digital (SD) card reader
● HP TrueVision Webcam (720p HD) and microphone
● Ethernet jack
● Audio out ports
● Plug and play capability that lets the all-in-one automatically recognize hardware devices
● Wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n + Bluetooth 4.0
● Built-in stereo speakers
● Wired USB keyboard and mouse included with select models
● Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA) standard mounting holes for flexible mounting
solutions, including wall-mounting
● Full Internet capability

Ok just kidding a lil bit that is not Super Steam that is my 4 year old's set up. My older sons new gaming rig is a!?!?!?!?!?

I started with a Red DEEPCOOL STEAM CASTLE case Did some light mods  mainly paint and the CF rap I also made the stand the pc is on with a cheap roller cart from WallyWorld  I had to make the top from a some wood it was raw oak when i started  because the pc  did not fit liked I had planed but I think what I did looks much better. I did the built it usb ports on the 2nd shelf  just for game pads but they can be used for anything. It is pretty much dun but the boy and I have been talking about putting a 7" screen on the front of it and doing a few thing to the inside like custom cabling and lights. Well here are the specs on the build and thanks for looking!

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz LGA 1150 Desktop Processor =  Overclocked at 4.6Ghz

Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VI GENE LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H60

Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 16GB

SSD: OCZ ARC 100 ARC100-25SAT3-240G 2.5" 240GB SATA III MLC

HDD: WD BLACK SERIES WD1003FZEX 1TB

Case: DEEPCOOL STEAM CASTLE

Case Fans: Thermaltake CL-F015-PL20BL-A 200mm Pure Series Quiet High Airflow Case Fan

PSU: CORSAIR CXM series CX750M 750W

Graphics Card: EVGA 04G-P4-2768-KR G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 760 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support SC 4GB w/ EVGA ACX Cooler

post-182900-0-69720800-1420445110_thumb.

post-182900-0-78451900-1420445122_thumb.

post-182900-0-93937300-1420445136_thumb.

post-182900-0-05987600-1420445149_thumb.

post-182900-0-29406000-1420445153_thumb.

post-182900-0-98201200-1420445158_thumb.

post-182900-0-65739800-1420445161_thumb.

post-182900-0-41740800-1420445165_thumb.

post-182900-0-34897000-1420445169_thumb.

post-182900-0-25051300-1420445173_thumb.

post-182900-0-31991100-1420445177_thumb.

post-182900-0-16501500-1420445180_thumb.

Cool! Something that immediately caught my attention is the height of the monitor. Is your son looking up at it? This can cause unnecessary neck strain. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

sweet setup.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I wonder what I was doing when I was 8. Not building a PC or even gaming on a PC, that's for sure.

But cool.

System: Thinkpad T460

Damn... This kid's rig is better than my own...

*note to self: become a dad like this one*

I wonder what I was doing when I was 8. Not building a PC or even gaming on a PC, that's for sure.

But cool.

I had a pc when I was 7, my grandfather and uncle built it for me, not my dad. Had amd duron, 256mb ram and some nvidia gpu with 32mb vram or something. Windows 98. Sweet rig for the time.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Cool! Something that immediately caught my attention is the height of the monitor. Is your son looking up at it? This can cause unnecessary neck strain. 

You know I never thought about that but I am going to have a look at it now thanks. 

I would have loved to have something like this when I was 8 years old.

Looks awesome.

And agreeing on what @MegaDave91 said, it's better for the eyes to focus when the screen is just below your eye level. (top of monitor is at eye level)

It can mess up your eyes if you're constantly trying to focus on text while looking up.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

But cool.

I got my first PC when i was 6 years old... The only thing i know about it is that it was a Pentium 3 and i played GTA III on it.....

You know I never thought about that but I am going to have a look at it now thanks. 

Yeah, you should :)

I also wish i had a father like this.... My father, who's too easily influenced, thinks it's stupid to spend so much money on a pc... And when i tell someone, anyone, except a few, very few, friends, that i want a PC, their reaction is like: "You have a laptop. you can use internet and watch movies, do you need anything better".... I want to strangle them so much sometimes... They'd rather spend their money getting drunk... /rant

Back on topic :) I like that case, i'd just personally go with black :)

Also, i've got two questions:

- Is that monitor 32 inches O.o Because i think it may be too big for that kind of distance, especially for a kid

- Is he using wi-fi, since i'd never recommend wi-fi for gaming (even though i use it)?

You should oc that lava lamp for more FPS. I get 85 extra FPS with my oc'ed lava lamp. + nice setup, better than most 18 y.o's have xD

That's a bonkers setup for an 8year old. 

NICE! 

Core i7-2600k @ 4.65Ghz - Asus Maximus IV Gene Z - 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance LP Cerilian Blue - Samsung EVO 840 250GB - Seagate Barracuda 7200 1TB - 2x EVGA Geforce GTX 760 SC - Corsair AX850, custom sleaved and length - Silverstone Sugo heavily modified - Full loop with EK blocks and 360 rad, frozenq res. 

Can you adopt me? :D

Me too?

You sir, are an amazing dad.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

I got my first PC when i was 6 years old... The only thing i know about it is that it was a Pentium 3 and i played GTA III on it.....

Yeah, you should :)

I also wish i had a father like this.... My father, who's too easily influenced, thinks it's stupid to spend so much money on a pc... And when i tell someone, anyone, except a few, very few, friends, that i want a PC, their reaction is like: "You have a laptop. you can use internet and watch movies, do you need anything better".... I want to strangle them so much sometimes... They'd rather spend their money getting drunk... /rant

Back on topic :) I like that case, i'd just personally go with black :)

Also, i've got two questions:

- Is that monitor 32 inches O.o Because i think it may be too big for that kind of distance, especially for a kid

- Is he using wi-fi, since i'd never recommend wi-fi for gaming (even though i use it)?

Yes it is 32" they use from across the room most of the time and yes I have wifi hooked up. I am using a ASUS Dual-Band Wireless-AC1900 PCI-E Adapter. Long story short the house is wired with CAT6 but when I bought the house the wiring was not complete so this spring I am going to finish it off and then no more wifi. Just wondering how old are you?

You should oc that lava lamp for more FPS. I get 85 extra FPS with my oc'ed lava lamp. + nice setup, better than most 18 y.o's have xD

Thanks I do tend to spoil my kids but Its because I never had a dad I think.? They do work hard for what they get we live out in the country with a lot of land.

I tried but it would just get to hot even when I liquid cooled it!!!!

Thanks I do tend to spoil my kids but Its because I never had a dad I think.? They do work hard for what they get we live out in the country with a lot of land.

Now I want your life even more. So jelly! Lots o land, beautiful PCs.... Dang, you guys got it all.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Now I want your life even more. So jelly! Lots o land, beautiful PCs.... Dang, you guys got it all.

Well thank you very much. I still have to show my wife's and my older girls set ups and then I will show mine I will be pretty freaken sweet. My son has all so been pushing me to make vids on YOU TUBE so I think we are going to start doing that here soon. I think my lil army and I could make some nice vids to watch and again thanks for the complements!!!! 

I can see where you're coming from. Idk my dad either so I'm not having kids till I'm well of so I can spoil em and be for them properly. + Nice onee, I'm sure your kid appreciates you lots :).

I tried but it would just get to hot even when I liquid cooled it!!!!

I-SEE-WHAT-YOU-DID-THERE_HOLYSHIT.jpg

Yes it is 32" they use from across the room most of the time and yes I have wifi hooked up. I am using a ASUS Dual-Band Wireless-AC1900 PCI-E Adapter. Long story short the house is wired with CAT6 but when I bought the house the wiring was not complete so this spring I am going to finish it off and then no more wifi. Just wondering how old are you?

Hmm, if it's from distance, i again wouldn't recommend 32"... I'm quite nitpicky it... For gaming from a distance, i'd never go with something smaller than 42"... Again, that's me being nitpicky (and it's not helping it that i found a great 50" TV for an awesome price (it's not a smart TV), just need to convince my father to atleast think about buying it :D) :D Hmm, get it wired as soon as you can :) I sadly can't for a lot of reasons....

Well, today is 6th January (here it is, it's currently 12:18AM), so i'm STILL 17, but tomorrow, on 7th, i'm turning 18 :D

I ate dirt when I was 7 :)

ew

Spoiler

But cool.

When I was 8, a long time ago, we only had one PC in our houshold... Times change so fast... *nostalgia*

That's a sweet rig, mate! You should be really glad that you have a cool dad, who helped you build a nice computer for you. I am not entirely sold on the case, though. Anyway, you are 8 so I can probably understand why you chose it. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

If only my father would have actually done something with me instead of trying to get me to become sporty ;) (It made me hate excercise eternally and totally did not work)

Nice profile pic. Not seen the movie, but still.