Best AMP for Q701... on a budget

maximilian4o
Go to solution Solved by xtroria,

Monoprice amp + dac for $100 gets my recommendation, i know it's above your budget. However i feel like if you spend money on fiio e6 or something one day you might need to get a more powerful amp.

Monoprice amp should at least solve that, it'll drive any inefficient dynamic headphone comfortably

Hello guys, I've decided to finally buy a pair of Q701. I was going to get them half a year ago, but I decided to get the Logitech G930s just cause of the Wireless. I love them, but they broke, so I'll get the Q701 for better directional sound and better sound quality. Thing is I'll spend quite a bit of money on the Headphones themselves, and I really don't wanna throw my wallet in the fire with the AMP. I am looking for the best solution up to 75 $ AT MOST. Not sure if I need a DAC.... AND in cause you need to know, I'll be using the onboard sound card on my ASUS M5A97 Pro. In case you guys think I need a DAC too, see if there's an option to get an AMP/DAC combo for that price. It might seem a bit impossible, but that's what I can affor at the moment :) Thank for your time !

PS: Looking for a relationship to oil things up :)

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

Fiio E6 is enough.

SO that'll boost the volume a good bit, right ? Cuz I wanna blast myself... to say so :D

And the other thing is that I've heard Fiio products are kind of low quality.

And lastly... It's only an AMP without a DAC. Do I need a DAC ?

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

Monoprice amp + dac for $100 gets my recommendation, i know it's above your budget. However i feel like if you spend money on fiio e6 or something one day you might need to get a more powerful amp.

Monoprice amp should at least solve that, it'll drive any inefficient dynamic headphone comfortably

Not really sure what I should be looking for. Could you link me to that ? :) And it's an AMP/DAC unit... 2 in 1, right ?

Not really sure what I should be looking for. Could you link me to that ? :) And it's an AMP/DAC unit... 2 in 1, right ?

Well, you have a Q701, which arguable needs a sound card. You also might upgrade headphone to 600 ohm beyers or even orthos (who knows).

You can find the link HERE

and yes it's a 2-in-1 enclosure

Well, you have a Q701, which arguable needs a sound card. You also might upgrade headphone to 600 ohm beyers or even orthos (who knows).

You can find the link HERE

and yes it's a 2-in-1 enclosure

... So I also need a Sound Card ??? 0_0

And no, I don't want to upgrade to orthos or anything. I just want the cheapest solution for now. if I need to buy a soundcard too, I need it to fit in those 100 $

... So I also need a Sound Card ??? 0_0

No, that amp/dac + your PC + headphone are the only things you need to enjoy your music

No, that amp/dac + your PC + headphone are the only things you need to enjoy your music

Sick man... Love you <3 #NoHomoMLG

@xtroria Sorry, but I have one last question. I can't find one of those Monoprice Amps on Ebay. Nor can they be shipped to me through other sites. So I found the FiiO E10K Olympus 2. Is that going to be good enough ?

Edit: I forgot to ask... am I going to be able to run the headphones off of my Onboard for a few days ?

@xtroria Sorry, but I have one last question. I can't find one of those Monoprice Amps on Ebay. Nor can they be shipped to me through other sites. So I found the FiiO E10K Olympus 2. Is that going to be good enough ?

Edit: I forgot to ask... am I going to be able to run the headphones off of my Onboard for a few days ?

Just fine, they aren't hard to drive. 

Just fine, they aren't hard to drive. 

Wrong, running a headphone from insufficient source will cause irreversible aural destruction. That's why 100 hour break-in is always necessary before putting cup to lobe.

Wrong, running a headphone from insufficient source will cause irreversible aural destruction. That's why 100 hour break-in is always necessary before putting cup to lobe.

Again, I forgot, where would I be in life with out a masculine tower of a waifu like you.

Again, I forgot, where would I be in life with out a masculine tower of a waifu like you.

That would make more physical sense if you weren't nearly a foot taller and probably 100 lbs heavier.

@EmoRarity

@SSL

Ummm... could we sum this up, cuz I didn't understand a thing. Is the E10K enough to drive them, or not ?

And..... I need to break them in for 100 hours  before putting them on ?

@EmoRarity

@SSL

Ummm... could we sum this up, cuz I didn't understand a thing. Is the E10K enough to drive them, or not ?

top lel, the summary is that the E10k is enough. Have fun!

top lel, the summary is that the E10k is enough. Have fun!

Thanks. But is it bad if I run them off of onboard for a few days ?

That would make more physical sense if you weren't nearly a foot taller and probably 100 lbs heavier.

I weight 150, and I will never know the pleasure of being the little spoon. 

@EmoRarity

@SSL

E10k will work more then enough, onboard will do too if you are disinclined to spend.

I weight 150, and I will never know the pleasure of being the little spoon. 

E10k will work more then enough, onboard will do too if you are disinclined to spend.

Awesome bro. Thanks a lot... and.. ummm... wtf is with you 2 guys ? Having a tough relationship ? :D

Awesome bro. Thanks a lot... and.. ummm... wtf is with you 2 guys ? Having a tough relationship ? :D

My girlfriend lives and works out of town, I get lonely, and SSL is just as good, though the change in "parts" makes things hard. 

My girlfriend lives and works out of town, I get lonely, and SSL is just as good, though the change in "parts" makes things hard. 

The end of that sentence can be rearranged amusingly.

Niiiiice. Can I join in too.. pleaaase ?

I'll bring some :

vaseline.jpg

Niiiiice. Can I join in too.. pleaaase ?

I'll bring some :

maybe-gif.gif

If you can dig a 6'6'' automotive tech and a SSL. 

Did you?

Peer teacher for my schools special ed/bahavioral program, was a trail thing to see if unruly students would respond differently to a similar aged "teacher" Had to take a few teacher courses and what not, but was fun.