my HD 650s didn't need an amp at alll

Sonefiler

Motherboard amps are usually plenty capable these days, even non-gaming versions are implementing more powerful amps.

Mayflower made a statement saying that K612's were hard to drive, so I made a video of them running off my tablet...

Mayflower made a statement saying that K612's were hard to drive, so I made a video of them running off my tablet...

So that's why he stopped posting, le shame.

So that's why he stopped posting, le shame.

Nah, I think he just wised up to this internet shit stain. 

Nah, I think he just wised up to this internet shit stain. 

That actually seems pretty likely. At one point he said more employees allowed him to spend more time on the computer, not less.

The K612's are relatively hard to drive.  That doesn't mean a device can't make music come out them.  Only that music quality (and volume) will suffer if they aren't driven by one that is up to the task.  What tablet?  ;)

System: i5 6600K@3.6 GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI, 2x8 Corsair DDR 3000, Corsair Hydro H60i cooler, Rosewill CAPSTONE 750w Gold PSU, 1x 512GB SSD, 1x 2TB 7200RPM, Windows 10 Pro x64
Display: XFX R9 390 DD, triple 1920x1200 24" HP monitors (5760x1200 @ 60Hz)   Sound: Audio-gd NFB-11 -> AKG K7XX or 2.1 speaker system

That actually seems pretty likely. At one point he said more employees allowed him to spend more time on the computer, not less.

Me thinks that he just learned to spend his time wisely. 

The K612's are relatively hard to drive.  That doesn't mean a device can't make music come out them.  Only that music quality (and volume) will suffer if they aren't driven by one that is up to the task.  What tablet?   ;)

Get on this....

So recently I got HD 650s for Christmas but no amp. I tried them on my phone)(xperia z3) and was suprised; it ran completely fine without an amp. Yes, I needed to go to high volume, but it ran loud enough. Same with my pc; with the on board audio from my Z87x-D3H, i was able to easily enjoy my new headphones.

I've been saying this for months on these forums.

Me thinks that he just learned to spend his time wisely. 

Get on this....

AKG always state their values in dB spl/V, which always threw me off. At first I was, 'hey, it's 101 dB, quite high', but because it's /V, the rough equivalent would be ~91dB/mW.

And to be fair, Nexus does have a reputation of putting quite powerful amps inside their tablets. From what I heard, Nexus the most, then Samsung, then iDevice the least. 

AKG always state their values in dB spl/V, which always threw me off. At first I was, 'hey, it's 101 dB, quite high', but because it's /V, the rough equivalent would be ~91dB/mW.

And to be fair, Nexus does have a reputation of putting quite powerful amps inside their tablets. From what I heard, Nexus the most, then Samsung, then iDevice the least. 

Ran of a 5 just fine too, ran off my friends 2010 Moto X. 

I've been saying this for months on these forums.

Too bad they're a sycophant-infested echo chamber built on a cult of personality.

Too bad they're a sycophant-infested echo chamber built on a cult of personality.

Points inbound. 

Never gotten any, if you believe it.

Interesting, they don't hand them out like they use too. 

Interesting, they don't hand them out like they use too. 

I just watched Linus' audio sub rant for fun, after that they seem to have largely washed their hands of this place.

I just watched Linus' audio sub rant for fun, after that they seem to have largely washed their hands of this place.

Fine by me, this place is more dull then a Tennessee red neck, the fights and sex chat are the only fun parts. 

Fine by me, this place is more dull then a Tennessee red neck, the fights and sex chat are the only fun parts. 

My thoughts exactly. I got a pm from a certain industry rep a few months back telling me to keep it up so we're not the only ones that enjoy it.

My thoughts exactly. I got a pm from a certain industry rep a few months back telling me to keep it up so we're not the only ones that enjoy it.

Hot Tamales, moving up in the world.