What is the best psu for a r9 280 under £60 (600-700watt)

Hey I am going to be doing a pc build soon and I was wondering, what is the best psu (between 600 and 700 watt) and under £60. If you respond please link to uk websites only please.

@Boyce05 Why do you want 600-700W PSU?

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

@Boyce05 Why do you want 600-700W PSU?

^

A decent 500w is already plenty for a 280.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

R9 280 doesn't need that much current!

A SeaSonic SSR-550RM is best for that!

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

R9 280 doesn't need that much current!

A SeaSonic SSR-550RM is best for that!

It is 94 freaking pounds for that.  Definitely not a good buy.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

It is 94 freaking pounds for that.  Definitely not a good buy.

Sorry didn't notice that he was asking under 60 pounds!

Hey I am going to be doing a pc build soon and I was wondering, what is the best psu (between 600 and 700 watt) and under £60. If you respond please link to uk websites only please.

This -- > Corsair CX500M

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

"Seasonic S12II Bronze model which is the same design as the Antec Neo ECO"

So if the OP wants to save 7 pounds then there is nothing wrong with going with what I recommended.

Bottom line is going with Antec is never something I have a problem recommending.  I got an Earthwatts psu by them for $49 CA or so some time ago and it is still ticking in an overclocked rig.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

"Seasonic S12II Bronze model which is the same design as the Antec Neo ECO"

So if the OP wants to save 7 pounds then there is nothing wrong with going with what I recommended.

Bottom line is going with Antec is never something I have a problem recommending.  I got an Earthwatts psu by them for $49 CA or so some time ago and it is still ticking in an overclocked rig.

Oh, for some reason, I thought you was the OP asking for opinion about that specific unit.

But yes, the Antec NeoECO 520C is an decent, entry level PSU. Like you have said it's based on the cut down version of the group-regulated S12II Bronze platform from Seasonic. TBH, spending the extra £7 on the Antec TPC due to DC-DC, Gold efficient, better build quality, and the 5 year warranty is worth going for.

I need at least 600 watt because i am planning on overclocking the gpu. I also plan on switching my gpu out eventually for a gtx 970 and i dont want to have to replace my psu aswell

I need at least 600 watt because i am planning on overclocking the gpu. I also plan on switching my gpu out eventually for a gtx 970 and i dont want to have to replace my psu aswell

My recommendation of the Antec TP-550C is still valid. Especially with the GTX 970 as it has a lower power draw than the 280.

A decent 500w is plenty including for oc'ing and the 970 draws less power than a 280.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I will also in the future upgrade my i3 to a 17 4470k