The Death Of My X99 System ;(

Guest DollarPC

ltt forum: encouraging insurance fraud since 2008

Yes I should not encourage insurance fraud because insurance companies are so honest and wholesome and do the right thing by people.  Sorry but I do not feel bad about people putting in false claims when the insurance companies are total jerks much of the time looking to get out of any way to pay people when they have a legit claim.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Few thousand

Wow 0.0

I feel sorry for you man

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

How am I suppose to know I don't got a testable motherboard I'm scared my servers died too now that you mention it x-x

if you have 3 gpu's then replace the blocks with the air coolers and test in another pc one by one. make sure you leave everything to dry for a few days and make sure everything looks ok visually while you've got the blocks and back plates off. as for the board and cpu, that might be harder to test unless you know some else with an x99 rig :(

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Can we... can we get some pics of the deceased?

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

This.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

At least the radiators, res, blocks and possibly the pump is in perfect condition, along with the case and some of the fans possibly.

If you follow you AMD dreams, get a FX8320, 970 mobo, and a r9 280 you have the loop components to cool the CPU! This time try not to screw up (or should I say, this time screw things up all the way)

More like im going to get a 9570 with 4 way SLI 290X

Wait a sec OP.  Have you taken the components out and let them dry?  Try it for 2 weeks or whatever like Linus did with his laptop or whatever and maybe you will have a working pc again.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

if you have 3 gpu's then replace the blocks with the air coolers and test in another pc one by one. make sure you leave everything to dry for a few days and make sure everything looks ok visually while you've got the blocks and back plates off. as for the board and cpu, that might be harder to test unless you know some else with an x99 rig :(

Problem is I dont

I'll upload some

I'll upload some

hahaha ha That must be funny moment?

Why would tour sad throw your 3960X system down the stairs

It was moving day. He dropped because he lost balance. I was stupid enough to move out my own place. We never talked for a year or so. I ABSOLUTELY HATED what i did. Why you might as ? Well 2 months ago I get a call from my sister, I'm still depressed till this day. My sister said "Papa died from cancer" I will never forget what I did. 

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."

That sucks man!

RIP!

It died my baby died

It does in the worst way possible-water

I apperently didn't screw the cpu radiator at the top in properly then if fell causing the tube to snap off and destroy everything.It costs more I doc the thing then to buy it..RIP There's no way I can afford another one.if your wondering I sent this using my Note 4.Well the good thing is I now can follow my AMD fanboy dream

Thats why i got a d14 se 2011 for my new x99 build instead of a watercooling loop, because of the exact reason of fearing that would happen to my $2.5k precious

| --- My Stuff --- |

Computer: Apple Late-2008 Macbook Pro ; -Haguro- build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296613-wip-project-haguro-x99-hackintosh-workstation/|

Mobile Devices: Apple 32GB 1st gen Ipad Mini ; Apple 16GB Iphone 5s ; Apple Ipod Classic 80Gb 5th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 120Gb 6th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 160Gb 7th Gen ; Apple Ipod Nano 16Gb 6th Gen 

Problem is I dont

you didn't keep the air coolers!?!?!?!?!

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Was the pc on when the rad dropped? Maybe if the components are allowed to dry your system or most of the components

could be fine?

Otherwise be more careful next time you spend a few thousand on something lol. Paranoia indeed when it comes to thousands

and water cooling.

Pics or BS

and +1 to fck the insurance company lol

Current System Specs:

MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming     CPU: Intel i5 9600k      GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 ti FTW Ultra Silent    PSU: EVGA 750 G2 80+ gold

Ram:  16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200    Storage: 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO/ 4TB WD Blue Case: Corsair 275R-White

It was moving day. He dropped because he lost balance. I was stupid enough to move out my own place. We never talked for a year or so. I ABSOLUTELY HATED what i did. Why you might as ? Well 2 months ago I get a call from my sister, I'm still depressed till this day. My sister said "Papa died from cancer" I will never forget what I did. 

e31.jpg

Seriously though, you can't blame yourself for this. The human body is fucked up. Nobody is to blame.

ltt forum: encouraging insurance fraud since 2008

Seems reasonable to me :P

-> Insurance fraud may result in a sentence of up to one year in county jail, a fine of up to $10,000, or both.

In general, insurance fraud prosecuted as a felony can result in a term of imprisonment for two, three, or five years.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Leave everything to dry for a couple of weeks, should be fine I think. I mean, I've washed CPUs under a tap for a few minutes, left 'em to dry and they're fine.

Oh man! That is so shame! If I was you I will be crying a whole year for that!

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Leave everything to dry for a couple of weeks, should be fine I think. I mean, I've washed CPUs under a tap for a few minutes, left 'em to dry and they're fine.

The problem is that the dem 360mm thing drpped straight on the psu while the thing was on and I was playing. Assassins creed unity

The problem is that the dem 360mm thing drpped straight on the psu while the thing was on and I was playing. Assassins creed unity

Dripped? If so, I'm not sure sorry.

Pics or it didnt happen

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

If the system shorted out while powered on due to the liquid it is likely that the damage is irreversible.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Pics or it didnt happen

Still trying to see if any of the wreckage survived

#FollowingMyAMDDreams

If the system shorted out while powered on due to the liquid it is likely that the damage is irreversible.

Ah, never thought of that.

Edit: OP, sorry. Contact every company you got parts from, to see if you can get a replacement. Also, how tightly was everything attached? If it was on VERY tight, but it leaked still, then threaten to sue the fitting/piping/rad company

#FollowingMyAMDDreams

Lol wat

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||