Anime streaming service Crunchyroll under heavy DDoS attack

XTankSlayerX

b0db199359.jpg

The popular anime streaming service is being hit by a DDoS attack of the same magnitude of the attacks that PSN and XBL experienced.

Crunchyroll posted this on their Twitter and Facebook accounts:

c522e3b46d.png

^SOURCE^

Who could this be? Lizard Squad or someone who bought Lizard Squad's tools?

Post your comments down below!

The news master is back... *Evil laugh*

Hope this is a nice change in quality for you guys <3

These guys are just ASKING for someone with actual hacking abilities to dox them or even hand them over to authorities. 

Amazing, what insufferable douchebags some people can be with a little bit of anonymity and a skewed sense of "justice" 

I think this one is a low blow compared to XBL or PSN , this is just too far and a cheep shot.

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

This isn't right.

I don't really like anime, but I can at least respect the people who do.

The time without Xbox Live was really annoying for me, considering I had been patient enough to wait for the Xbox One just to have some hacker group take it away from me for a day. At least now XBL is back up. Good luck Crunchyroll.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Definitely not Lizard Squad, probably some script kiddie who bought their service

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Definitely not Lizard Squad, probably some script kiddie who bought their service

not impressed prob some kid using PMA or SSDP doing this shit

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Maybe TB has had enough of the anime bullshit  :D

But seriously, fuck you script kiddies

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

Maybe TB has had enough of the anime bullshit  :D

But seriously, fuck you script kiddies

I download them from people that rip from CR, and subbing anime takes time. I also play for CR.

I hope they come back up soon. ;-;

If anyone wants 48hr trials PM, I never give them away so i have 4 right now.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Okay, I'm not one to use XBL or PSN (though I do have a PSN account, I don't use the subscription side of things), but as a paying customer of Crunchyroll I'm pissed that some dickweed script kiddies are attacking one of the only 2 LEGAL sources of anime streaming that I have (CR & AnimeLab), as I'd otherwise have to VPN/Proxy through Hulu to watch and we all know the bullshit Hulu does to stop non-US IP addresses from even pinging their servers.

I'm currently paying for the 1-year Premium, mainly for Sailor Moon Crystal (yuk it up, it's not as cheesy as the 90's anime was in English), and at $60 AUD/year to watch 1 show of 26 episodes at-release, that's only like $2.30 AUD which is more than reasonable to watch a single series like Crystal as it airs new episodes. The more shows I watch, technically the less-per-episode-per-show I'm "paying" as the value of quality per dollar for me increases whilst I'm still paying a simple $60/year for Premium.

Well that's a shame. I can kind of get why people would attack PSN and Xbox Live, and while that's a scummy move it's not *that* big of a deal. Sony and Microsoft are huge companies with a huge consumer base. Crunchyroll is just a fly in comparison and they are trying to appeal to a fairly niche market.

I guess you could say DDOSing PSN/XBL is like robbing Walmart. DDOSing CrunchRoll is like robbing a small mom and pop store. Same crime but one is quite a lot more scummy.

Hopefully it'll be over soon.

While this does suck at least they did this when most shows are taking a break for the holidays.

STOP using prime95 with Haswell CPUs!

Main Rig:

CPU:i5 4690k @ 4.6GHz, Motherboard:ASUS Z97-A, GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW, PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G1, CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M w/ Noctua NF F12s, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: 16GB (4X4GB) G Skill Ripjaws X 2133MHz, Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 256GB boot drive & Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm 2TB

Secondary/Folding Rig:

CPU:FX 8320 @ 4.6GHz @ 1.344 v., Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX, GPU: MSI R9 290 Gaming, PSU: Corsair HX 750, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Case: NZXT Source 530, Memory: 8GB (2X4GB) G Skill Ares 1600MHz, Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128GB

why would they do this on a tuesday, no new anime is releasing on tuesdays

Wow.... scumbags. No shows for me I guess......

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Pretty lame.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Lol..no wonder I couldn't get on!

Seems like a random time to DDos though.

maybe they want some free crunchyroll memberships

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Looks like crunchyroll needs to invest in cloudflare DDoS protection.... This is just getting really stupid now; without any logical reason to take down a site which is perfectly innocent :(

OP why not throw this into the mix?

Use LinusTechTips Sponsor Crunchyroll to support LTT!
Visit http://crunchyroll.com/linus for a free 30 day trial

Probably some little cum-stain ass-hat's who dislike anime.

Wow brutal way to put it. 

Well that's a shame. I can kind of get why people would attack PSN and Xbox Live, and while that's a scummy move it's not *that* big of a deal. Sony and Microsoft are huge companies with a huge consumer base. Crunchyroll is just a fly in comparison and they are trying to appeal to a fairly niche market.

I guess you could say DDOSing PSN/XBL is like robbing Walmart. DDOSing CrunchRoll is like robbing a small mom and pop store. Same crime but one is quite a lot more scummy.

Hopefully it'll be over soon.

They honestly woulda made more progress if they had ddosed fan sub sites or nyaa instead. *shrugs*

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^