Have you ever lost interest in games?

Gdourado

Hello, how are you?

I am wondering if any of you ever lost interest in computer games.

I currently finished my new computer build, dedicated to gaming, but find myself not excited to play games.

The last game I played was far cry 4 and finished the campaign.

Other than that, I bought advanced warfare but haven't even tried it yet.

I am in the middle of battlefield 4 campaign but get frustrated when I get killed 2 times in a row and quit the game...

Then, I just start feeling guilty for having spent all that money on parts and just think about selling the rig...

Have you been through this?

Is it just a phase?

Cheers

yeah got that a lot. especially in CS i'm every week like "fuck that game, never gonna play that shit again". Guess what i do the next day?

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

My friend went through that phase, we had to do something to save him, he took 1 week break and then played shadow of mordor he is back to his old-self. 

CPU:AMD FX-8320, RAM:Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600, GPU:MSI Radeon R9 280, Case:Cooler Master 690 III, PSU:Thermaltake Smart 650W

Storage:WD Purple 1TB, CPU Cooler:Hyper 212 EVO, Keyboard:SCI Granite, OS:win 8.1 64bit, Display:Samsung SyncMaster SA100, Mouse:CM Storm Spawn

i was there last week.. Ended up buying a playstation vita since i had an 8 hour road trip ahead of me. I havent stopped playing the vita even though im back at home now. I think you just need the right games to get you excited and some of the jrpgs on the vita did the trick for me :)

Happened to me I decided to tech myself how to use solid works instead. Maybe you can try something you normally wouldn't on your pc.

Quantum Chaos: i7 6850K | 2x Strix 1080Ti SLI | MSI X99 SLI Krait | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB | 3TB WD Red RAID 1

Well the BF4 campaign is pretty awful. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

i was there last week.. Ended up buying a playstation vita since i had an 8 hour road trip ahead of me. I havent stopped playing the vita even though im back at home now. I think you just need the right games to get you excited and some of the jrpgs on the vita did the trick for me :)

I'm going to buy one just for the Sword Art Online games :P

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

In the past, I wasn't in the mood to play any games for some period but when i started playing Skyrim is spend over 200 hours. I believe it's all about the games... I haven't found any interesting game (for me) in the past 3 months. :\

I'm going to buy one just for the Sword Art Online games :P

Thats next on my shopping list. I finished up Persona 4 golden the other day now im on to HyperDimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 which has been pretty cheesy but hilarious

Thats next on my shopping list. I finished up Persona 4 golden the other day now im on to HyperDimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 which has been pretty cheesy but hilarious

I would get one pretty much exclusively for Japanese games.

Most of the ports or versions of existing games (i.e CoD) suck.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I would get one pretty much exclusively for Japanese games.

Most of the ports or versions of existing games (i.e CoD) suck.

I agree. Ive been hard pressed to find actual quality games these days. Jrpg's and just straight Japanese games seem to be among the best out right now

To keep myself busy, I removed my gpus from the build, and installed OSX yosemite on it with the HD4600 integrated gpu. Pretty impressed with the result. But since I don't feel like gaming now, I have two 970s sitting in the closet...

The Fucking Crew. Shit keeps crashing on certain missions

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

I've been through many periods in my life where I don't game for an extended period of time, like now. I haven't played anything since July. I'm waiting for GTA V to come out on PC next month even though I put roughly 100 hours on the PS3 version over a year ago. When I was around age 13-17, I didn't game at all. Also when I was around age 22-24, I didn't game at all. During those time frames, life just happened, so I just didn't feel the need to spend 10's of hours on video games. 

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

Happens pretty often, but I wouldn't say that completely stopping gaming is a thing that happens 24/7, more like qutting games.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

It happens to me every now and then but I always end up coming back.  

I havent, but I Have a friend who lost interest, he was never the same again...

Although I lose interest in individual games pretty quickly - I have no idea how people clock up over 1000 hours on games...

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

I have, then i drive my rc car for a couple of days, well i drift it actually ;P and after a couple of days, i hate being outside again, and i start gaming again, at a nice and warm place :)

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I'm currently in one of those phases, haven't played a game in a while now, however this is probably due to a mix of things, from exams and to the fact my internet is so slow It takes a day or two just to download a medium sized game and online gaming is out of the question. 

I have, then i drive my rc car for a couple of days, well i drift it actually ;P and after a couple of days, i hate being outside again, and i start gaming again, at a nice and warm place  :)

After a couple of hours with my car I'm usually bankrupt lol, incredibly expensive hobby.

Yeah it happens. Here's a tip: stop playing AAA games. You have a plethora of quality indies to play on Steam and you're choosing to play all these AAA games! Haha.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

When people lose interest it can commonly be attributed to one of the below reasons

-restricting self to the over-hyped AAA games with uber graphics

-restricting self to limited genres

-lack of attention span / patience to learn to enjoy new games (e.g. playing only first person shooters)

-Taking it too seriously and expecting too much, not appreciating games for what they are, falling for hype.

-Not allowing yourself to get emotionally invested in story

-Getting too obsesssed with hardware, becoming a benchmark junkie and forgetting why you built your PC in the first place

it's important to be like a child and just lose yourself in the wonder of a fictional universe. On a sub-concious level your imagination should be doing a lot of the work to fill in the gaps. Without that people would never have enjoyed gaming in the time before semi-realistic graphics.

I am wondering if any of you ever lost interest in computer games.

Yeah, for a while I wasn't really into it. I suppose I was bored with video games.  I played every now and then, but it was mostly Resogun on the PS4.   I never wanted to sell anything, though.  In fact, I never stopped wanting to buy games and collect them.   I always like buying stuff for my thirteen-year-old and myself.  

To be totally honest with myself, though, my big problem was rage.  I would get so mad... <sigh>... I just had to stop playing so much. 

I eventually just started to make myself play, but I had to figure out a way to help myself not get so angry.  What I ended up doing was just playing on the lowest difficulty.  Easy. I'd focus on the story.  While I wasn't playing games I watched a lot of shows on Netflix and other downloaded series.   So about a month ago I finally starting playing Max Payne 3 and finished it in about 2 weeks. I liked it.  It had a pretty decent story.  

After I finished that one, I figured a good way to get back into games again was to find one that would hold my attention for a long while.   I ended up getting Dragon Age Inquisition, and I'm doing okay with it.  I love the scope of the game and I just want to play it for countless hours.  I think I started it on Easy, but I sat at the selection screen for so long trying to decide which difficulty to chose that now I'm not even sure any more.  I think I'm on Easy, but that's fine because I still find it a bit tricky because I've never played a single RPG and I need a gentle start.  

If you want to start playing again, that's my advice: find a game that will need you to play for dozens of hours, and start on Easy.   Maybe it'll work for you, too. 

Not really sure. I'm in a weird phase right now of a StarCraft II binge. Been diving hardcore into the multiplayer and competitive e-sports side of things.

It's been really hard to play anything else for some reason. I'll try and play another game, like, Rise of Nations, but I will get bored and go straight back to SCII HotS

Intel Core i7 4970k 4.0GHz - EVGA GTX 980 SC 4GB - Crucial Sport 16GB 1866MHz - 750W EVGA SuperNOVA - Gigabyte Z97-D3H - Corsair H55 Silent - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - 2TB HDD - 3840x1080 Display - Corsair 450D Mid-Tower -HyperX Cloud II Headset - Logitech G302 + Logitech G710+ - Windows 10 Pro

ive spent 200+ hours playing that game on 3 playthroughs and after that watched the whole anime and now im playing persona 3 portable on the psp maybe p1/p2 next. I would die without saving having explored 10+ whole floors and rage quit and not play it again for a long time.