Have you ever lost interest in games?

Gdourado

ive spent 200+ hours playing that game on 3 playthroughs and after that watched the whole anime and now im playing persona 3 portable on the psp maybe p1/p2 next. I would die without saving having explored 10+ whole floors and rage quit and not play it again for a long time.

Ive done that a few times myself, I just finished ripping a physical copy of persona 3 i picked up off a friend for cheap, Gonna throw it into pcsx2 emulator. Unfortunately my ps2 died, i was able to dump the bios before it was completely done though :)

It's because you're playing the same game over and over again. Your sold by marketing and fancy looking graphics. Campaign or not, all those games the same. You shoot people/aliens/monsters/etc and that is it. I personally can't play any FPS more than 15-30 minutes without getting bored to death.

Build out your collection. Check out some RPGs (no FPS based or action adventure stuff, i.e. Mass Effect and the like. They are basically FPS with RPG elements inserted). I'm talking the traditional RPG games like the Morrorwind series, Final Fantasy, Torchlight. Dark Souls and The witcher are also good RPGs. Check out some good racing games. Check out some strategy games. Mix it up a little bit. I personally spend way more time and money on independent games than I do big name titles. Puzzlers and side scrollers with inventive themes and stories. Stuff like Bastion, Dungeon Defenders, Starbound, Magicka, and Legend of Grimrock are all amazing games. Just because they don't have the most hardcore and intensive graphics doesn't mean they are anything less. Those are all a bit older, but there is new stuff coming out all of the time to keep it new and refreshing.

I can't say this will help you for sure, but this is what I do to keep my interest in games. I know I go through phases where I won't play a video game for months. Then all of the sudden I will see something I like and end up playing 3 at a time for 3 or 4 months. It happens to the best of us.

I lost my interest in minecraft a while back but not to long ago

it is just a phase... you will get bored eventually and start gaming again.

Agree

OP: Maybe you should branch out in terms of genre. Seems like all you listed are FPS, and there's so much more good stuff out there. Try an action-adventure or an RPG, maybe even a MOBA. Maybe you'll find something that gets you psyched up again. Regardless, a little break from gaming can be good for you.

Git Gud.

i bought gtx 970 in release then i realize i only need something like r9 285 because i usually spend ALMOST my gaming time in MOBA and Online Games. because i only play campaign (farcry 4 bf acu and others) for the story then quit.

Equality doesn't mean Justice.

This is me right now. I'm bored with games. At least until January 27th (Dying light and gta).

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I agree with others that it is just a phase. Alternatively utilize all that raw power for folding or learn how to write software.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

I'm intrested in gaming but with my current setup its likely not gonna happen soon.

After a couple of hours with my car I'm usually bankrupt lol, incredibly expensive hobby.

Well not really, it's a bit expensive to get it going but once you have the basic stuff, you can start drifting! for less than a 970 you can get a very nice rc drift car. Also it's not like 5-15 minutes and afer that wait for a day. I have a very basic setup and i can drift for an hour on 1 charge on my battery :) If you invest in more batteries, you can drift whole day! It's a nice hobby but sadly it's a bit dying and going away... Now it's getting cheap :)

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Ah, I'm running Petrol and Nitro off roaders, the fuel for the nitro is almost a tenner (£) a litre at my local shop and then the general rule with my own and my friends cars are that something breaks every time you take them out, even if just on grass, and I'm sure you have seen the prices of replacements.....

But your right, its great fun.

Every now and then I lose interest in games, this is mainly because I've played through most of the ones I have several times over and the ones I haven't played are the AAA games that my terrible laptop can't run.

I got sent to prison after following Linus' instructions to #Makebombs

Forum's resident nihilist.

A JRPG just wouldn't be a JRPG if it didn't end with teenagers using the power of friendship to kill God.

I lose interest in games all the time but move to something more relaxing or something to bore me to death to get back in to games.

I havent, but I Have a friend who lost interest, he was never the same again...

Although I lose interest in individual games pretty quickly - I have no idea how people clock up over 1000 hours on games...

Well you see, sending my army of hundreds to slaughter a computer is very satisfying but takes several hours to get at that point. :P

Yes i have the same problem, i play a lot of WoW and find myself just standing around not doing much in the game... just have no energy to get into raiding again.

As for games like CS GO (full of cheaters in competitive play) + COD (also has a lot of cheaters) i find myself playing the Xbox One more and more. 

“I'm telling you, people. Everyday we wake up is another blessing. Follow your dreams and don't let anyone stop you. Never say never.” ― Justin Bieber

During my time of depression I naturally did. Besides that, when I fell in love with a girl at the age of 10 I stopped playing for a while.

I'm going to buy one just for the Sword Art Online games :P

There's SAO games on the Vita? :o

I'm gonna have to look those up. Darn... Now I'm considering getting one. I just don't got the money.

Though I've thought about getting a Vita before but when I had the money for it it had just come out and there weren't any games I wanted.

Ever since I started focussing more on exams etc I haven't really played much of anything for two years , a little here and there, so hopefully for you it's just a phase but for me... Not sure I'll ever get back into big gaming.

Da Monster: Intel core i3 540, Radeon HD 6850, 250GB HHD, 19" Dell, 24" 1280x768 Sony TV, Dell OEM motherboard :)

TV PC: AMD Athlon 64 5000+, radeon HD 5450, 500GB HDD, 19" Dell, 42" Sony TV, Dell OEM motherboard

Toshiba Encore 8" Windows 8.1 Tablet and Huawei Ascend G620S smartphone w/Snapdragon 410

I lose interest in games all the time but move to something more relaxing or something to bore me to death to get back in to games.

Well you see, sending my army of hundreds to slaughter a computer is very satisfying but takes several hours to get at that point. :P

but how u do dis?

Maybe I just have a short attent... Cookies?

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

It happens to me periodically. Sometimes I just have to go on with the story, or am excited to slaughter even more mechanzis with dual wield shotguns. Other times I lazily watch youtube videos or read Tolkien.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Yep. I lost interest for gaming for like 3 months. But started again to relieve some stress off of school and work

Remember a wise man once said, "You'll most likely hear/see more bad reviews from products than good, because if they get a good product, they won't bother to write a review, and if they got a bad product, they'll complain about the product" ~ SoftenButterCream

Nope because I don't do it all the day every day. I also use my computers for bunches of other things. When you play as little as I do I don't see how you could get bored.