G290X - Custom Painted R9 290 Tri-x & more! -

If I ever get enough money, @Lays could I have access to that 0% Fan mode on idle?

look below vvvvvv

(signature)

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I think the buildlog will be getting a name change. 

Unless somebody proves me wrong, the Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X should fit in the In Win 901 with some simple Shroud sanding, right?

And yes, both those aforementioned things will be part of the build when I get enough money. :)

Edit: Got a name change!

great choice btw.

but advanced warfare, really?  :P

And it has now been changed!

Here is the PC part picker link with the things I'll have to buy for the upgrade.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MRz8mG

CPU Cooler: Corsair H75 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($69.98 @ Amazon)

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X Video Card  ($278.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Case: Inwin 904 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($219.99 @ Directron)

Total: $568.96

O02uNEu.png

So I ordered some new keycaps off WASD because my old keycaps were getting too smooth.

slnpNJI.jpg

This is just one of the many things I purchased recently. The next one that arrives probably wont have much use for this build, but I might post it. Anyway, back to the keyboard. Some might not like the way it looks, but personally I love it, and I haven't even finished with it ;)

Expect another update kinda soon, although I still have things to do before I finish the mods for the keyboard. 

--

Also, MODS, CAN THIS GET MOVED TO BUILDLOGS? done - prolemur

Subbing to this.

Also, what's going on with old mb?

I really need a new am3+ mb.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

:o Blue!

You're avatar is blue!

This is the end of an era!

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Subbing to this.

Also, what's going on with old mb?

I really need a new am3+ mb.

Does the OP say something about getting a different motherboard!? I've got to change that! D:

:o Blue!

You're avatar is blue!

This is the end of an era!

Only because I change the colour for whatever build I am working on. Yellow will still have a special place in my heart, don't fret.

However most of the build will just be white and gray, the LEDs will probably be the only blue part, unless I accent my SSD..?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://i.imgur.com/O02uNEu.png

In a long while.

Well, surprise surprise!

After months without proper updates, this idea is finally going to become an actual build, and an actual upgrade when compared to it's previous form! 

I've placed an order on the GPU I planned on getting, and I still should have enough to purchase another set of 8GB (4GBx2) memory modules. 

After I know for sure the GPU is working fine, and after I've decided on a theme, I'll be getting it's shroud alongside other heatsinks painted by a friend who I've done business with before.

--

Before we patiently wait another couple weeks for actual photos, I'd like to leave you guys with this little image, to...

whet your appetites

iwAEIlX.png

[Look at it full resolution]

- Rumi

you've wetted more than just my appetite with that photo  :wub:

the word you're looking for is wHet, by the way

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

200.gif

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

• 4 weeks later...

Love the Banner you made for this thread Daniel 

I see you've done some research on my previous usernames! Not my actual name, but good on you! I hope the other things I do interest you.  ;)

- It's happening! snip -

Tomorrow.

nml3fRQ.png

4Gb eh... Too mainstream... Just kidding :P

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Nice.

I'm still stuck with HD 7850, due to quesyional decisions on my part (tablet, 200$ case, custom loop)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Congrats on the gpu, now you need to get a psu shroud 

Interesting Idea. However I doubt I'll do that, because I of the case switch I planned on doing.

4Gb eh... Too mainstream... Just kidding :P

;)

So far card performance has been good, but I need to reinstall Fraps to really see the FPS.

lpKGHsC.jpg

Nice.

I'm still stuck with HD 7850, due to quesyional decisions on my part (tablet, 200$ case, custom loop)

I've done the same thing, hence the amount of time it took me to get to this point. 

No 3,5Gb  is too mainstream.

@TopicClocker what case is that ? 

It's the Define R4 in white, looking back I would've much rather enjoyed the gunmetal or black case.