G290X - Custom Painted R9 290 Tri-x & more! -

- sniperino -

You take pretty photos, you have a pretty computer, you make pretty banners, and now you even make gifs? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat O.o

How?

Le skillz...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Pcie cable sleeving?

RobinHood1.gif

You take pretty photos, you have a pretty computer, you make pretty banners, and now you even make gifs? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat O.o

How?

Le skillz...

Thank you! The most surprising thing of the bunch (I hope) is that the photos were taken with a Galaxy S6 Edge!

U4QwLWp.jpg

Thank you! The most surprising thing of the bunch (I hope) is that the photos were taken with a Galaxy S6 Edge!

Now I can finnaly see whats the brag about s6 camera being so good

GPU is defective, opened a ticket with Sapphire about a solution or possible replacement.

It was all going so well only two days ago, but then I noticed some serious crashes with Advanced Warfare. 

--

In memory of it being functional, have a couple screenshots of Shadow of Mordor!

dPbHO2f.jpg

kJfWti3.jpg

4eTzM21.jpg

Lowest FPS: 23   Average FPS: 63   Highest FPS: 83

Hopefully we solve this soon,

- Rumikarimu 

@Rumikarimu

I can't take photos as good as yours with a Canon 1100D O.o

Probably because my lens has the autofocus and the aperture broken :/

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

• 5 weeks later...

O02uNEu.png

That sucks @Rumikarimu

The replacement card has arrived, and I've thought of a couple themes!

@Rumikarimu

I can't take photos as good as yours with a Canon 1100D O.o

Probably because my lens has the autofocus and the aperture broken :/

Well I switched back to the DSLR for this photo, just because phones aren't at that level yet.

xHHR1Gc.jpg

As for the plans I mentioned above, I know for sure I want to custom paint the GPU shroud, the memory heatsinks, and I might just buy some corsair SP series fans for those rings. I just don't know what theme the computer should have, and I'm looking to stray away from the yellow I already have.

So far I've thought of painting those components like this:

Galaxy-Paint-galaxy-wallpapers-nebula-wa

The first

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

2 or 3

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

O02uNEu.png

I've chosen the 3rd design myself, just wanted to see if the forum had the same opinion. I didn't really want to do #1 from the beginning, because I want to get rid of that tacky look the R9 290 Tri-X's plastic shroud already has, and giving that cheap yellow/orange look a nice black coat will solve all my problems.  ^_^

I've also given this buildlog a major design upgrade, and would also like to hint at some more things happening soon. I got my hands on some slightly used, a little aged, spray paint that all still works fine, and I'm hoping they'll all cooperate, including the four more cans I have yet to purchase.

I'll be testing on a couple different kinds of metals and plastics before painting anything important - just in case.  <_<

ZddXaW0.png

O02uNEu.png

Among other things, I've painted the Razer Blackwidow's plastic casing which hopefully still has the same functionality. 

Black primer and a couple highlights of colours to begin the painting.

Ws5GesV.jpg

Next I added a ton of purple and then finished all the colours before finishing it up with some white speckles. 

tbSMUPc.jpg

And after removing all the tape, every transparent part remains functional, but this will be the only "fully completed" picture you guys get for now.

gEKpOHP.png

Now i really want to paint my blackwidow 

I just want to get some custom white keycaps to go with Noir :(

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

O02uNEu.png

I just want to get some custom white keycaps to go with Noir :(

I'd only recommend buying a different set of keycaps if your old ones are badly worn. (unless you've got the money to spare)

Now i really want to paint my blackwidow 

It's a very simple process on the cheap plastic shroud, I'd say give it a go! 

Have a full resolution image of the entire keyboard for now, because I've been too lazy to take apart my 290 and paint that. :)

chJcuZQ.jpg

I'd only recommend buying a different set of keycaps if your old ones are badly worn. (unless you've got the money to spare)

It's a very simple process on the cheap plastic shroud, I'd say give it a go! 

Have a full resolution image of the entire keyboard for now, because I've been too lazy to take apart my 290 and paint that. :)

Looks absolutely stunning. I might give it a go. I could always just paint the keycaps and do some custom lettering on them, probably not though.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Quick question @Rumikarimu how long did it take to do that painting also what do you think of the custom banner and the custom update banner that i made for for Project: "Pure White"?

Subtle advertising to your own build, I dig it. The banner is alright, but I dislike the font choice and direction of gradient, so really only the background I enjoy. The painting on the other hand took a couple hours of actual work, then I let it dry over night.

Looks absolutely stunning. I might give it a go. I could always just paint the keycaps and do some custom lettering on them, probably not though.

I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself, the font, colour, feel, and finish wouldn't be very good using paints.

I went to WASD keyboards, and would recommend them if you're considering getting custom keys. I wasn't able to purchase a whole set of keycaps because of Razer's stupid unique sizing and functions, but I got what I could, and I love the result.

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/keycap-mod-packs.html

(I have no affiliation with WASD keyboards, but they make great stuff)

Subtle advertising to your own build, I dig it. The banner is alright, but I dislike the font choice and direction of gradient, so really only the background I enjoy. The painting on the other hand took a couple hours of actual work, then I let it dry over night.

I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself, the font, colour, feel, and finish wouldn't be very good using paints.

I went to WASD keyboards, and would recommend them if you're considering getting custom keys. I wasn't able to purchase a whole set of keycaps because of Razer's stupid unique sizing and functions, but I got what I could, and I love the result.

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/keycap-mod-packs.html

(I have no affiliation with WASD keyboards, but they make great stuff)

Non-standard bottom rows are the bane of keyboard enthusiasts existence

There is a special place in hell reserved for those who insist on using them

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

• 2 months later...

O02uNEu.png

Man this buildlog isn't going very many places is it? Unlike my build though, I went places over the summer, and it's why I wasn't able to get much done. I still haven't painted the GPU, nor have I really been playing many PC games either, but I've gotten a new mouse, so I have that going for me.

RQ8QA6W.png

So with a new peripheral on the desk, I might as well paint the GPU before school really starts picking up. (No promises)

How do you like the MX master?

I kinda want one

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

How do you like the MX master?

I kinda want one

I wouldn't recommend it if you were thinking about gaming, and the buttons on the side are difficult to quickly access, so if you usually bound them to actions like sprint (Like I did), you're going to run into some initial issues. However, if you plan on generally using it for browsing, photo editing, etc. it's extremely comfortable, the wireless is great, and I haven't had to charge the battery since getting it, even though I forgot to turn it off before going to bed. Not to mention that the free-scrolling is essentially heaven for me at the moment, and I often leave it turned on just so everything seems super smooth. I might completely change my mind in a few weeks time, as I've yet to really play any games.

- Rumikarimu

I wouldn't recommend it if you were thinking about gaming, and the buttons on the side are difficult to quickly access, so if you usually bound them to actions like sprint (Like I did), you're going to run into some initial issues. However, if you plan on generally using it for browsing, photo editing, etc. it's extremely comfortable, the wireless is great, and I haven't had to charge the battery since getting it, even though I forgot to turn it off before going to bed. I might completely change my mind in a few weeks time, as I've yet to really play any games.

- Rumikarimu

Ah, well i dont really use the buttons on my G602 anyway.

I should though...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm actually quite glad I didn't paint the Graphics Card over the summer, because I've been saving up for an upgrade to the rest of the PC. I'll be moving over to another build log when I've purchased the important components, because it's never a good idea to start a log with nothing to post. :)

Just as a heads up, the new build will be modded as well, albeit nothing involving a dremel (hopefully). 

- Rumikarimu