LG Preparing Ultra Wide AMD FreeSync IPS Monitors For Early 2015

Guest Strangerbob

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Oooo my bad then.

dude this post is not a repost of that post....

but I remember that someone mentioned that overclockers.co.uk post before, but I forgot which post... (or I saw that mentioned on other forum?)

It was mentioned on the last WAN show

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

It was mentioned on the last WAN show

I mean the rumor OP posted, not the 4K TN mon thing...

but I can't find that post...

maybe I saw that somewhere else...

I'm looking for a 34" 21:9 monitor with all the goodies and..maybe with a curve.

OR if the screen were OLED, I'd jump on it right away! lol

The only thing holding me back is for the price of these monitors and there still being light bleed. :{

IMO The perfect monitor would be:

OLED        

=no ghosting, trailing, overdrive artifacts or ANY motion artifacts

single tiled f/a/gsync that goes as low as 0 hz (possible on OLED)    

=  means no flicker/stutter/extra lag/tearing of any kind and artifact free fps at ANY fps, including loading screens

21:9

= its just better for gaming than any other claustrophobic format, and best for most kinds of work.

Stuff like resolution and refresh rate will increase naturally with time.

But getting rid of all the defects with these 3 technologies combined will soon be possible when OLED becomes cheaper. But that will take YEARS, so bring on the 21:9 freesync please.

IMO The perfect monitor would be:

OLED        

=no ghosting, trailing, overdrive artifacts or ANY motion artifacts

single tiled f/a/gsync that goes as low as 0 hz (possible on OLED)    

=  means no flicker/stutter/extra lag/tearing of any kind and artifact free fps at ANY fps, including loading screens

21:9

= its just better for gaming than any other claustrophobic format, and best for most kinds of work.

Stuff like resolution and refresh rate will increase naturally with time.

But getting rid of all the defects with these 3 technologies combined will soon be possible when OLED becomes cheaper. But that will take YEARS, so bring on the 21:9 freesync please.

16:9 is better than 21:9 for gaming, your opinion is not how it is for everyone.

16:9 is better than 21:9 for gaming, your opinion is not how it is for everyone.

Have you tried 21:9?  and i dont mean, seen in store...

Yes I have and I do prefer 16:9 for gaming, 21:9 is good for movies tho.

Have you tried 21:9 in a game that doesn't adapt the UI for the resolution? Mini-Map in one corner that's nearly half a meter from your character pane in the other top corner for example. That is terrible. I agree, 16:9 is the way to go for gaming right now (although I would really like a 21:9 screen for Flight Simulator)

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Have you tried 21:9 in a game that doesn't adapt the UI for the resolution? Mini-Map in one corner that's nearly half a meter from your character pane in the other top corner for example. That is terrible. I agree, 16:9 is the way to go for gaming right now (although I would really like a 21:9 screen for Flight Simulator)

Ye, ive tried LOTS of games. 70% can be run with no issues or sorted with their own options menu. 25% need cfg edits or flawless widescreen fix. 5% i would say have unbareable UI even after fixes.

Sad to hear you had such a bad experience. However, a few bad programs doesnt make the aspect ratio any less superior.

Ye, ive tried LOTS of games. 70% can be run with no issues or sorted with their own options menu. 25% need cfg edits or flawless widescreen fix. 5% i would say have unbareable UI even after fixes.

Sad to hear you had such a bad experience. However, a few bad programs doesnt make the aspect ratio any less superior.

No, what it means is those 5% of applications need to wake the fuck up and sort it out. As do the "will sort of work if you dick around in .cfg files" applications.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Pretty awesome. Glad they are not going the Nvidia route of just focusing on TN panels.

What I am really waiting for is a 1440p 16:9 freesync IPS display to pair with my R9 290.

>Exclusive to OCUK in the UK

God dammnit, first the reference 970 and now this?!

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I can't wait. 

tumblr_luzaboLDuh1qkt4uxo1_500.gif

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

because they had SUCH a good timeframe of just releasing the UM95 in the first place......... /endsarcasm

and the other brand's 21:9 offerings have had such timely releases as well vs their online "announcement" ...... /endmoresarcasm

I think I found my next monitor, if the FreeSync is any good compare to G-sync :P

LG is working on two new ultra wide 21:9 flat IPS panels with full out-of-the box AMD FreeSync capability for introduction early next year.

LG-EA93-Ultra-Wide-TV-_front.jpg

LG Preparing Ultra Wide AMD FreeSync IPS Panels For Early 2015

The monitors in question will be 29″ and 34″ models and they will feature the best in class LG IPS display panels. The smaller 29″ monitor will feature a resolution of 2560×1080 while the 34″ model will feature a more visually satisfying 3440×1440 resolution.
Both models feature 10bit per channel color, which AMD’s Radeon lineup supports. In addition to an impressively low latency figure for IPS which comes at or slightly under 5ms.

As far as pricing goes, the numbers aren’t set in stone yet. However we’d be very surprised to see the new monitors carry any notable premium over their non FreeSync counterparts. If iiyama’s FreeSync monitor is any indication, adding FreeSync support to any monitor will prove to be very cost efficient.

AMD had already told us that adding FreeSync / Adaptive-Sync capability to a monitor would prove to be quite easy technically and financially. In fact the company stated numerous times that FreeSync monitors would end up considerably cheaper than their Nvidia G-Sync counterparts.
The company’s Chief Gaming Scientist, Richard Huddy, stated in November that he estimates the cost differential between two identical FreeSync and G-Sync monitors to amount to $100 less in favor of the FreeSync solution. This estimate has already been validated and was shown to be even quite conservative with iiyama’s FreeSync capable monitor that we talked about two days ago.

In relation to the new monitors from LG, these will only represent a couple of many FreeSync compatible monitors. So if you don’t particularly enjoy using ultra wide displays do not worry. We’re fairly certain that LG themselves will also introduce 16:9 monitors in addition to the ones we talked about today. As always stay tuned so we can keep you updated as we hear more news about upcoming FreeSync capable monitors.

I got so excited...then I saw the source :(

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I actually drooled...

CPU: AMD Athlon 5350 (2.66 Ghz OC) Motherboard: Asus AM1m-a Memory: Mushkin Radioactive 8GB DDR3-1600 GPU: MSI R7 260 1GD5 OC Storage: Toshiba Hybrid 500GB Case: Cougar Spike PSU: Rosewill Arc 450 OS: Deepin Linux 2014

Awesome!

Sadly, I just moved to a good Nvidia card. GSync it might be.

Sig under construction.

That´s a whole mouth full..

Would be great if this actually came out

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

i thought freesync didnt reqquire anything special...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Awesome!

Sadly, I just moved to a good Nvidia card. GSync it might be.

Adaptive-Sync, which is what the monitor itself will be capable of, is not strictly an AMD technology. FreeSync is just their GPU/Driver side implementation of it.

In theory, NVIDIA could enable Adaptive-Sync compatibility on their cards... Good luck with that though. Why would they do that when they can sell you G-Sync instead?

Of course, we still have yet to see actual independent reviews of FreeSync, so the ball is still in the air.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

tumblr_lrp8h0jsvr1qfnac5o1_400.jpg

Now, if i can make it slightly curve, that'll be purrrfect. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |