Steam $50 what should i buy?

joshuamurphy

So i'm looking to buy my first game(s) from steam for my computer which should be with me in about a monthish. I'll be taking note of any games that catch my eye.

Here are the rules,

-preferrable linux/cross platform.

-no AAA games e.g. far cry 3

-looking for FPS but if theres an awesome games that doesn't fall into that then suggest it anyway.

Looking for games that maybe don't have the huge following they deserve.

Thanks!

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam

Thief trilogy

Gmod

Half life

system shock, that should use all your $50, thats what i did with my $50

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

give us a list of the games that u would like  after u check steam games avalibale then we can choose for you :D

Why no AAA games? What's the point of building/buying a new computer if you're not gonna buy teh kewl games?

Buy this:

http://www.amazon.com/Square-Enix-Gamers-Bundle-Download/dp/B00D8GCVNW/ref=pd_sim_vg_1

and this:

http://www.amazon.com/Oh-Fine-Dandy-Bundle-Download/dp/B00D2CZUFI/ref=pd_sim_vg_2

And you'll still have $20 to spare.

give us a list of the games that u would like  after u check steam games avalibale then we can choose for you :D

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10q99WNANSmJIESamXTHZ6UVXbsQkNMOEjwO27f4aO-4/edit?usp=sharing

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam

Why no AAA games? What's the point of building/buying a new computer if you're not gonna buy teh kewl games?

Buy this:

http://www.amazon.com/Square-Enix-Gamers-Bundle-Download/dp/B00D8GCVNW/ref=pd_sim_vg_1

and this:

http://www.amazon.com/Oh-Fine-Dandy-Bundle-Download/dp/B00D2CZUFI/ref=pd_sim_vg_2

And you'll still have $20 to spare.

just because i've already heard about AAA games and i wanted to hear some less popular games.

Edited by joshuamurphy

Steam

Thief trilogy

Gmod

Half life

system shock, that should use all your $50, thats what i did with my $50

definetly getting Half life (all versions) and maybe Gmod. will look into those other two

Steam

y u no wait for steam summer sale? o.O

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

just because i've already heard about AAA games and i wanted to hear some less popular games.

Fair enough. I recommend you wait for the Summer Steam sale. It will start some time in Mid-July.

For that, I recommend:

• Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
  • Alice: Madness Returns
  • Limbo
  • Terraria
  • Shank 1 & 2
  • Deadlight
  • Brutal Legend
  • Bastion
  • Braid
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Orcs Must Die 2
  • FEZ
  • From Dust
  • Amnesia: The Dark Descent
  • Mark of the Ninja

y u no wait for steam summer sale? o.O

i am hoping its going to live up to its rep

Steam

Have a look into Rising Storm, $20 in AUS, slightly cheaper elsewhere no doubt.

FPS WW2 scenario Multiplayer standalone, from the people who did Red Orchestra, so maybe check that out too as it has SP+MP I believe...

Steam has search options for price ranges and I'm sure you can easily find something with bargain cdkey sites emailing keys you input into steam at a lower cost....if you dont know how to find these online cheap cdkey places just ask as there are many alternatives that many different ppl will suggest.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

on a unrelated note how many games in your library and how many do you play reguarly or have finished

Steam

on a unrelated note how many games in your library and how many do you play reguarly or have finished

Well... I have almost 100 games in my account and so far I've put maybe 50 hours of gameplay into it. My account is only 6 months old though.

Well... I have almost 100 games in my account and so far I've put maybe 50 hours of gameplay into it. My account is only 6 months old though.

and how much did all that cost you?

Steam

and how much did all that cost you?

um... I want to say about $200-$250. I buy everything when it goes on sale or in bundles. Also, About two thirds of my library are AAA titles.

just cause 2

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

the trine series is beautiful

vessel had great gameplay and unique liquid physics.

psychonauts  http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2-Psychonauts

bastion had an interactive narrator and had a really cool art style.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

dont forget that steam is not the be all and end all of pc gaming sales

good old games are having their summer sale right now and it is DRM free

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Trust me, wait until the sale until you start spending but in terms of games.

GMOD

HL 1/2 +EPI

Deus Ex

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

dont forget that steam is not the be all and end all of pc gaming sales

good old games are having their summer sale right now and it is DRM free

sorry but who's good old games? source of the sale you were talking about? i just brought the humbe weekly bundle if thats what you're talking about.

Steam

CS:GO, Planetside 2 (is free to play), Crysis 1/2, Halflife.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

there is a site called good old games http://www.gog.com/

sorry but who's good old games? source of the sale you were talking about? i just brought the humbe weekly bundle if thats what you're talking about.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.