Project [NoName], watercooled Mini-ITX build

Markkedi

It is unnecessary to do anything to 3-pin cord since it's not going to be visible from anywhere. And it is better to be slim as I'm running it through between the fans :)

Alright then :) I want to see the finished build! :P

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Seems pretty cool! You told something here about a volt mod for the mobo, where did you find it? Or doesn't it exist yet? :P

"It's like all common sense just goes out of the window when a computer is involved."

Seems pretty cool! You told something here about a volt mod for the mobo, where did you find it? Or doesn't it exist yet? :P

Thanks! My board hasn't been modded yet but the actual mod does exist. Moderator suggested that for me in overclock.net forums and there are some conversations of it in there. For example, here is one thread of it 

• 1 month later...

Hows the progress going, no updates for a while! Can't wait to see more!

Build log

CPU: FX-6100 @ 3.9 MOBO: GA 990XA-UD3 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB GPU: HD6870 PSU: Corsair GS800 Case: Bitfenix Outlaw SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Cooling: Custom Water-Cooling Peripherals: Keyboard: G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Sensei Steering Wheel: Logitech G27 Sound: Speakers: Logitech x530 Headset: Razer Chimaera Monitor: Benq G2450HM, LG 32" TV

me while scrolling threw this thread 

nzUi63P.gif

subbed

And then you realize your shoes are filled with peanut butter, what then?! >:L

Miauw! How's it going buddy? Been more then a month now, able to get the case back into shape?

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

It has been hectic for a long time now. The case is at home and waiting for paint. Weather is awful always when I have time to do it, every time when I have time to paint it, it either rains water or leaves. Today I'm getting my laptop review done so my schedule is better for next week than it has been for months. I have managed to level the warped aluminium parts mostly and I have been able to put some primer on few parts every now and then but it hasn't been update worthy progression. 

But there is no excuse for me not to give in the progression updates, sorry for that. I haven't even visited in here for probably a month now. But paint is coming in near future :)

It has been hectic for a long time now. The case is at home and waiting for paint. Weather is awful always when I have time to do it, every time when I have time to paint it, it either rains water or leaves. Today I'm getting my laptop review done so my schedule is better for next week than it has been for months. I have managed to level the warped aluminium parts mostly and I have been able to put some primer on few parts every now and then but it hasn't been update worthy progression. 

But there is no excuse for me not to give in the progression updates, sorry for that. I haven't even visited in here for probably a month now. But paint is coming in near future :)

No problem haha, yes weather has been awefull here. Great to hear that you managed to level the parts! 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

How the hell did I miss this thread?! 

I loving what I see, can't wait for the finished build! :)

and lol @ the guy saying you have µTorrent. Torrents are as legit as any filehoster, simply got a bad reputation because people are using this for copyright protected stuff.  

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

How the hell did I miss this thread?! 

I loving what I see, can't wait for the finished build! :)

and lol @ the guy saying you have µTorrent. Torrents are as legit as any filehoster, simply got a bad reputation because people are using this for copyright protected stuff.  

It has been buried for centuries :) And it doesn't take long to get this to page 287 since there are so many build logs. I hope when I get this finished Linus will give it few seconds of WAN time :)

It has been buried for centuries :) And it doesn't take long to get this to page 287 since there are so many build logs. I hope when I get this finished Linus will give it few seconds of WAN time :)

I sure hope so, Linus always dislikes the fact that you can't get a soundcard and GPU in a mini ITX build, wich you solved. So thats some big plus points. Altough the Asus Impact one is aswell something pretty good. But alot more boring! :D 

neeed more! This build is truly amazing, can't wait to see more. Good luck man!

Thank you all for cheering for me :)

But once again I had time today to paint more but obviously someone has been doing the rain dance again, so no progress. Also I remembered that I might need something called power button? And maybe a reset button too if I want to really show off. I have been thinking if placing them in back, above motherboard I/O, because my kids found it to be funny to boot up the system whenever they can. 

Thank you all for cheering for me :)

But once again I had time today to paint more but obviously someone has been doing the rain dance again, so no progress. Also I remembered that I might need something called power button? And maybe a reset button too if I want to really show off. I have been thinking if placing them in back, above motherboard I/O, because my kids found it to be funny to boot up the system whenever they can. 

I am sorry, I shall stop my awesome micheal jackson moves.. someday soon.. :( I like dancing yo!

What does the placement has to do with your kids being able to boot up the system whenever they can? :D I mean, I assume they can very likely hit that button no mather where it is?

I approve of everything you are doing, can I hug you?

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

How have I never seen this? This is amazing so far :D subbed

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

I am sorry, I shall stop my awesome micheal jackson moves.. someday soon.. :( I like dancing yo!

What does the placement has to do with your kids being able to boot up the system whenever they can? :D I mean, I assume they can very likely hit that button no mather where it is?

You'd better stop it right now! We are drowning in here! Nah jk, keep on dancing, you need to be atleast level 45 shaman to be able to cast rain here, 1600 km away :D

Here is a picture of my computer desk. Really easy to be sneaked up from the front, almost impossible to get in the back.

WP_20130824_003.jpg?img=img900

I approve of everything you are doing, can I hug you?

Thank you for approval :) And I accept hugs via HugPal and Hugeller. But I prefer hugs f2f.

*hug*

How have I never seen this? This is amazing so far :D subbed

You haven't? Hmm... I really need to have a meeting with my advertising agency and tell them straight that they have been waaaay too lazy with my ad campaign  :o But seriously, thanks for sub and nice words :)

You'd better stop it right now! We are drowning in here! Nah jk, keep on dancing, you need to be atleast level 45 shaman to be able to cast rain here, 1600 km away :D

Here is a picture of my computer desk. Really easy to be sneaked up from the front, almost impossible to get in the back.

-picture off way to many laptops; can i have that MSI one for a few days? I want to test it... this way, i'll stop dancing!

I see now haha, I didn't think it trough really, it was more off a .. well, if you kids like to press buttons, then what does it mather? But yes, it does mather if they sprint into your room and press the button haha. Fair enough, But then my suggestions would be - the right side? If possible, then you can sit down and turn it on much easier, or well - you can sit on the chair and turn it on? If you can place it more towards the back, then the kids can't reach that?