CNN has revealed the top "Tech Companies of 2014" guess who it is?

Well its the god forbidden company of (Drum Roll Please.........)

T-Mobile

• There was stiff competition from Microsoft and Apple
  • CNN posits that “no other tech company shook up its entire industry the way that T-Mobile (TMUS) did this year.”
  • The market change started once other carriers such as Verizon and AT&T started having good perks, T-Mobile did them better, apparently.
  • The market share went from 11% to 18% this year alone

Original Source: Eteknix http://www.eteknix.com/cnn-name-t-mobile-tech-company-year/

Sourced from CNN

Project Devils Delight

Mobo:ASUS B85 PRO Gamer  CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k   RAM: 8GB Kingston HYPERX Beast 1600Mhz    GPU PowerColor Devils 13 Dual Core 290X

Case: Corsair Air 540 strips Storage: Samsung 256GB SSD and a 1TB WD Black (2013 Model)                                                                                                       

Wow, that was, ehm, unexpected, I'd have guessed Apple or Google (Motorola) 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

@Recon97, agreed

Project Devils Delight

Mobo:ASUS B85 PRO Gamer  CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k   RAM: 8GB Kingston HYPERX Beast 1600Mhz    GPU PowerColor Devils 13 Dual Core 290X

Case: Corsair Air 540 strips Storage: Samsung 256GB SSD and a 1TB WD Black (2013 Model)                                                                                                       

sure t-mobiles business model is pretty decent, but CNN should like stop writing about tech....

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Like CNN knows anything about tech companies.

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10

Really I think Apple is at the top -fucking apple-.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I wish T-Mobile would give the same level of service in Germany (where they are fucking BASED) as they do in the US :/

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

You can't really call Ubisoft or Apple anywhere a decent tech company, they release shit products and it is over priced.

And yes I have bought games from Ubisoft, and yes I have owned an iPhone.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

Google and Apple being contenders is more shocking. What have they done this year? A watch OS and NFC payments with fingerprints?

Well its the god forbidden company of (Drum Roll Please.........)

T-Mobile

• There was stiff competition from Microsoft and Apple
  • CNN posits that “no other tech company shook up its entire industry the way that T-Mobile (TMUS) did this year.”
  • The market change started once other carriers such as Verizon and AT&T started having good perks, T-Mobile did them better, apparently.
  • The market share went from 11% to 18% this year alone

Original Source: Eteknix http://www.eteknix.com/cnn-name-t-mobile-tech-company-year/

Sourced from CNN

and with Verizon trying to buy them out now this will be interesting...

-TheFailBot

Turns out not being a fucking asshole to your customers can pay out and make you successful, imagine that....Seriously, Comcast, Verizon, Timewarner you need to fucking imagine that instead of your usual power fantasies filled with fast lanes.

-------

Current Rig

-------

"god forbidden company of T-Mobile"

uwot? They're excellent to their customers. Other people are right, though. CNN should stop writing about tech.

and with Verizon trying to buy them out now this will be interesting...

The FTC won't let Verizon buy them because Verizon will have significantly more market share than all other US cellular carriers

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

T mo is a great company, but DEATH TO COMIC SANS

No I shall write in it purposefully now

Project Devils Delight

@ilikemacandpc

Really? T-mobile, CNN knows nothing. sure they basically showed other networks you can be cheap and not be an ass but still.

HTID

Google and Apple being contenders is more shocking. What have they done this year? A watch OS and NFC payments with fingerprints?

They have done a lot more than T-Mobile has. All T-Mobile did was subsidize customers and potential customers. Very risky in the financial world, Except in the tech world, I don't see them doing anything of substance to even come close to Google or Apple. I also don't even know why they are saying Microsoft and Apple are their competition, they are not even in the same field. T-Mobile provides a utility, where as Microsoft/Apple provide consumer goods. /rant on CNN's lack of knowledge

T-Mobile US seems to be a pretty forward thinking company. But the parent company (Telekom Germany) is exactly the opposite. Sadly.

One thing I don't understand: Telekom is planning to sell T-Mobile US to Sprint. Seems to be a very strange move. But maybe they want to focus on getting better in Germany :D

The media is stupid.

fixed

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

They have done a lot more than T-Mobile has. All T-Mobile did was subsidize customers and potential customers. Very risky in the financial world, Except in the tech world, I don't see them doing anything of substance to even come close to Google or Apple. I also don't even know why they are saying Microsoft and Apple are their competition, they are not even in the same field. T-Mobile provides a utility, where as Microsoft/Apple provide consumer goods. /rant on CNN's lack of knowledge

Competition for the top spot, not market competition. As for what T-Mobile has done, they've changed the way that the wireless industry operates though bold moves. Google I'll say could logically be a better choice, but what has Apple done this year? I mean seriously? They played catch-up with Android, released a buggy mobile OS that required a 5GB update when most of their customers have 8-16GB of space, and announced an overpriced smartwatch. Only an Apple fanboy could consider then to have done anything impotant this year other than Apple Pay, which is nothing more than a logical use of Touch ID. T-Mobile at least being in the top 10 makes sense, but Apple is only on the list because they're Apple.

T-Mobile US seems to be a pretty forward thinking company. But the parent company (Telekom Germany) is exactly the opposite. Sadly.

One thing I don't understand: Telekom is planning to sell T-Mobile US to Sprint. Seems to be a very strange move. But maybe they want to focus on getting better in Germany :D

That plan fell through half a year ago.

Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure most of T-Mobiles market share rise was from the regions that Verizon had to get rid of due to already having service there.

When Verizon bought out Alltel they had something like 38 markets they couldn't take from Alltel to Verizon, ATT picked up all but 9 (or something, going off memory), and the 9 were due to be sold last year, and IIRC it was T-Mobile who picked them up, they likely officially migrated this year thus the reason for the market share rise.

Grain of salt stuff if you couldn't tell, just going off old memory and assumptions.

I bet only 1% of my state by area has T-Mobile coverage lol, sure it covers 30% of the state population, but people travel... and its nice to have cell service when you travel.