R7 265 v/s GTX 750Ti

Go to solution Solved by SteveGrabowski,

That Corsair PSU puts out 408W on the 12V rail, so that should be more than enough to run an R9 270. Sapphire is the best brand for AMD cards, so I'd say to go for it, @Alvee. You probably even have some overclocking headroom since you're using such a low power CPU (i3's only use 53W at 80% load despite being pretty damn powerful gaming CPUs!). If you overclock the card to 270X levels it should really fly on Mantle games like BF4.

Hey Guys , i have decided to buy a gpu and im really confused to go with r7 265 or gtx 750ti 
PS: Only Performance comparison

Hey Guys , i have decided to buy a gpu and im really confused to go with r7 265 or gtx 750ti 

PS: Only Performance comparison

In terms of performance the r7 265 is better. Also try to find an r9 270 as its better than both of those cards and doesn't cost a whole lot more.

The 750 Ti is more of a competitor to the 260x. The 265 is better. 

This belongs in the Graphics Cards section. I'm moving the thread.
Please post in the correct sub-forum in the future

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I would say R7 265.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

The R7 265 is better but it needs MOAR power, the GTX 750Ti is more expensive some times the same price as the R7 265 but it needs less power.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

R7 265 if those are your only choices. A few 270's are the same $$ as the 265....

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

The R7265 has the better performance, but here are some things to consider:

-the 750ti is going to draw much less (less than half) the power the 265 does so it results in much quieter operation (especially with the gigabyte windforce version) 

- a 400W powersupply is more than enough for the 750 while it is advised to have  500W for the 265

- you can get very nice overclock up to 1350Mhz with the  750Ti (especially with the gigabyte version which has a 6pin powerconnector and very good cooling), this makes the performance gap much thinner (the 265 has much worse overclocking)

While the 265 looks better at first look,  this choice is definitely not a no-brainer.

The 750 Ti really only makes sense if you actually need a card with such low power draw; based on performance alone it's overpriced. And it's not like an R7 265 or R9 270 are particularly hard to power or keep cool in any reasonably well-configured system. They would be considered quite efficient if the 750 Ti's power consumption wasn't so unreasonably low.

The R7 265 is faster than the GTX 750 Ti in every game that I have seen them benchmarked together. The 270 is even more so, and the difference between a 270 and a 270X is only an overclock.

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

My Specs are : Intel Core I3 4130 @3.40Ghz | 4GB DDR 3 1600mhz | 1Tb HDD | MSI B85M Gaming , 
I Dont wanna overclock any of these items , 
If i buy the r7 265 and the Corsair VS450 , < Can This PSU Handle This system ?  

WoodenMarker Actually im new to linus forums , im sorry for this mistake

This is how you mention a member, you use the @ then write their name like this @WoodenMarker

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

In the same price bracket, in terms of performance, AMD cards will more often than not trump their Nvidia counterpart. Nvidia uses branding to sell their cards, so they could afford to sell cards at higher prices, even though the same/similar performance could be achieved with an AMD card at a cheaper price.

This is true in this case as well. In terms of performance, 265 is better than 750ti

CPU: 5820K GPU: Gigabyte G1 970 RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Mobo: EVGA m-ATX Cooler: Corsair H100i Case: Xigmatek Aquila PSU: NZXT 700W Monitors: 2 x Wasabi Mango (1440p)

Do you play Go/Baduk/Weiqi? I am AGA 4D.

"We do not shop by brand, we shop by what delivers us the best performance, features and quality for the money we're spending" - Linus (Techquickie)

My Specs are : Intel Core I3 4130 @3.40Ghz | 4GB DDR 3 1600mhz | 1Tb HDD | MSI B85M Gaming , 

I Dont wanna overclock any of these items , 

If i buy the r7 265 and the Corsair VS450 , < Can This PSU Handle This system ?  

Yes that PSU is big enough. But you can probably get a better GPU for your budget. 265's are over priced

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

I had a Sapphire 270x (1070Mhz Boost Clock /w no voltage config ability) which then overclocked to 1125Mhz and plays so many games well.

$180+ in Australia, I'm sure elsewhere it's a lot cheaper like under $150

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

THanks Everyone for Sharing your thoughts  :D  :)  :)

Let us know what you do, im curious lol

The R7265 has the better performance, but here are some things to consider:

-the 750ti is going to draw much less (less than half) the power the 265 does so it results in much quieter operation (especially with the gigabyte windforce version) 

- a 400W powersupply is more than enough for the 750 while it is advised to have  500W for the 265

- you can get very nice overclock up to 1350Mhz with the  750Ti (especially with the gigabyte version which has a 6pin powerconnector and very good cooling), this makes the performance gap much thinner (the 265 has much worse overclocking)

While the 265 looks better at first look,  this choice is definitely not a no-brainer.

1. Idk how did you relate power consumption to noise.
  2. 400w is more than enough for both we aren't running 290s here.
  3. The 265 has much worse overclock? wut?

I'm going to leave this here

Power_02.pngTemps.png

Yes that PSU is big enough. But you can probably get a better GPU for your budget. 265's are over priced

265's are generally slightly overpriced. 270's are a good bump up and are usually not much more. 

Idk how did you relate power consumption to noise.

The 265 has much worse overclock? wut?

More power consumption = more heat = more cooling needed

In terms of %/mhz oc, the 750 Ti oc's better. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

i live in Bangladesh , here the price difference between r7 265 and r9 270 is about $25 ?? 

What say ? will i go for the r7 265 or the r9 270 

i live in Bangladesh , here the price difference between r7 265 and r9 270 is about $25 ?? 

What say ? will i go for the r7 265 or the r9 270 

I say the 270, what brand is it?

That Corsair PSU puts out 408W on the 12V rail, so that should be more than enough to run an R9 270. Sapphire is the best brand for AMD cards, so I'd say to go for it, @Alvee. You probably even have some overclocking headroom since you're using such a low power CPU (i3's only use 53W at 80% load despite being pretty damn powerful gaming CPUs!). If you overclock the card to 270X levels it should really fly on Mantle games like BF4.

But I3 is not a bad cpu tho , cause im using it for couple of months and im getting pretty good performance compared to the price ratio . at 100% load the cpu temp is about 60C -65C  , and i think i need to get a hyper 212X for this !