What do you guys to to stay cool?

The_1ted

Hi,

we finally have summer here in germany, but now my room is getting hot because my PC is running all day and its 30°C outside -> I have 35°C in my room.

So what do you to stay cool on such days?

CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.2GHz cooled by Corsair H100 | Mainboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z | GPU: XFX HD7970 DD 3GB | RAM: 16GB G.Skill RipjawsX | Case: ANTEC P280 windowed | PSU: beQuiet! 650W DarkPower Pro

Now @ University in Munich: Games Engineering!!!!

A cool refreshing coke, an open window and wear the appropriate stuff. It is like 30-35 degrees outside currently .

Whenever I am home I always have a fan on me, there is something about still air that gets to me.

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Fan with a bucket of ice in front.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Whenever I am home I always have a fan on me, there is something about still air that gets to me.

You've pretty much stolen my response to this question.

i sit around my furnace of a computer in 45 degree heat (centigrade) in jeans and wonder why everyone is complaining about the heat (but its winter here and i am freezing in like 20 degree heat(in case you didnt notice. I am quite heat tolerant. but cold gets me like a bitch))

Air conditioner, nothing else would work against 35-45 degree heat.

Good Morning...

im gonna buy a fan, i've had the same problem for too long :P but i do go to my pool so when its very very hot im generally not in my room but when its like moderatly hot and my pc is kicking out a bunch of heat because of folding it gets really hot

Nothing. We enjoy the heat and don't complain because it will only last about four days. F**kin weather here is a big load of c**k!

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

I have summer all year long because i'm currently live in tropical country.What i do is stay outside the house.

This should keep you cool

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

In our office (just a big room) we have 27 computers and 9 TVs working at the moment, outside temperature is around 35°C. We are currently running  8 air conditioners at full throttle without much improvement, no idea about the room's temperature other than "bloody hell it's damn hot in here!" :D

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the company's policy wants us to wear full length pants and arms (don't know if the right term).

I apologize for my English.

I now straped to cooling blocks in front of my fan WITH DUCT TAPE -> AIR CONDITIONING 101

CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.2GHz cooled by Corsair H100 | Mainboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z | GPU: XFX HD7970 DD 3GB | RAM: 16GB G.Skill RipjawsX | Case: ANTEC P280 windowed | PSU: beQuiet! 650W DarkPower Pro

Now @ University in Munich: Games Engineering!!!!

im gonna buy a fan, i've had the same problem for too long :P but i do go to my pool so when its very very hot im generally not in my room but when its like moderatly hot and my pc is kicking out a bunch of heat because of folding it gets really hot

you know what you should do?

buy a Delta and just point it at yourself 

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I just use one or two computer fans (200m or 140) pointed at me, it helps a lot

I stay the way I always am. 

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull

i sit around my furnace of a computer in 45 degree heat (centigrade) in jeans and wonder why everyone is complaining about the heat (but its winter here and i am freezing in like 20 degree heat(in case you didnt notice. I am quite heat tolerant. but cold gets me like a bitch))

same here. but because humidity is so high,sweating will only make it worse coz it does not dry out and make the skin sticky.LOL. I just grab a bucket of ice creams and eat it with sliced breads 

you know what you should do?

buy a Delta and just point it at yourself 

that would blow my ears off :P

First world problems: when I turn on the air-conditioning, it gets too cold in my room :/

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

Central air. :)

Lol this,

First world problems: when I turn on the air-conditioning, it gets too cold in my room :/

that would blow my ears off :P

good point,install it in the front of a fractal define R4 as an exhaust and point the front of the case towards you

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

good point,install it in the front of a fractal define R4 as an exhaust and point the front of the case towards you

that would be just a tiny, little, much more expensive than a normal fan :P

i bought an AC .......

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.