Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

WOW, what a nice Christmas present! Thanks Intel and LTT!

If I was to win one of the CPUs I would mostly use it for gaming. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to have some extra threads for 3D-rendering in Blender too. And my virtual machines in VMWare would propably also be happy about some additional cores.

But I should stop thinking about all that since I'm only gonna be disappointed if I don't win...which is most likely going to happen :(

Merry Christmas to all of you! (Or what ever you are celebrating, it doesn't matter)

Would plop it into my server that I do all of my coding on/plan to use for home automation (FML - this stuff is hard).

what an excuse for building a new PC!

AMD FX-8320 @ 3.7GHz on Asrock 970 Pro3 R2.0 with 8 GB Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte HD7850, Seasonic S12 II 520W, 3x 250GB hard drives (yes, the spinning kind)

If i won one of the 5820k's i would have my first attempt at water cooling and start building my own custom case.

Hello everyone :)

I'd like this processor as a start for building my own rig, as I don't have that much money :/

Great processor, too bad building full system is unreasonable price wise for most people. 

If I win this chip I will most likely be using it to update my main rig which I use for development and gaming. I am still running an old gen-1 i7-920, so this would be an amazing upgrade.

Hi guys, I would really love an I7 5820K because I am still running my Q6600 and I got it for like 500 bucks and I ain't got that money any more (Sad face panda)... So, I wish everyone the best of luck and hope that the person receiving the CPU will have a blast. Thanks Intel for the opportunity to win such an awesome CPU

Hey there!
I'd be thrilled to use a 5820k in my next build, since I've always based my rigs on AMD CPUs. So that would be an interesting change. =D

Will probably only use it for gaming even tho it will be a little waste with all those cores.

I would use it for my new all-in-one computer.

Heavy gaming, recording for Youtube, video editing and multimedia on my TV.

To be honest, the amount of money to upgrade to the i5820k, i.e. the DDR4 RAM, X99 motherboard would probably burn a bigger hole than getting the cpu itself. But I'd like to see myself getting lucky this Christmas.

If i won this I'd build my dad a new pc for work, he is really frustrated with his ancient core 2 duo

If i got the CPU i would prperly join dem PC master race ;)

got a GTX 750ti and a intel core i3 2100 soo i got a long way to go :)

hop i win :P

I've been planning to build a mATX pc and that X99 would be quite beautiful for some gaming and a bit more juice when it comes to rendering. Would love to replace my trusty yet old 1st Gen i7 920.

my current PC doesn't perform well enough to play any major titles. Hopefully  ;)  ;)  ;)  by winning this giveaway I can change that.

:)  :)  :)  :)  :) finnaly i can give some thing back for the 980 my friend gave thats what i would do with it

Since i host a lot of Lan partys with my friends I would use it to run gameservers and stream the event at the same time

Hi!

I would love to win this CPU so I can upgrade my trusty old AMD-based platform to something more suited for what I like to do. While I'm not a professional by any means, I like to make content from games I play such as this: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp1Ov_FzxI8

Having a better rig would allow me to capture things at a better rate and/or qulity as well as letting me work out kinks in the project while doing so. 

I would like to add this cpu to my next build and compare how it functions against my current builds in real time. I think it'd be interesting to see.