Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

MMMM Dat render power, increase my productivity!

Main rig

CPU: I7 4820K @4.8GHz || Cooler: Corsair H100 || Display: LG 34UM95 || MOBO: Asus Sabertooth x79 || RAM: AMD 1600MHz 2x 4GB || GPU: Two AMD R9 290's @1050MHz core 1400MHz Memory || Case: Cooler master HAF 922 || SSD: Samsung 830 128GB and PNY XLR8 120GB SSD in raid 0 || HDD: 2x Seagate barracuda 1.5TB
Guest rig
CPU: I5 3330S || MOBO: ECS H61H2-I5 || Ram: 2x 2GB Samsung 1333MHz || GPU: Radeon HD 6970 || PSU: Antec Earth-watts 750watt
HTPC
CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 720BE unlocked 4th core @3.7GHz || GPU: low profile Geforce 9500GT || random 2x 2GB ddr2 ram (don't feel like looking) || Cooler: some rosewill cooler

I'd use it to create a second enthusiast Gaming PC.

Wow. This is an AMAZING proceesor.

I would be working in photshop with this- it'll help me SO much in the process. My rig has a 2600K and a GTX 580. #DreamProcessor

I recently updated to Z97 Mobo but with G3258 only.

So that CPU would be great for my youtube editing video projects :)

This would be awesome

would use this for my main gaming/developing PC.

Wow, this would be soo great! My i5 has been suffering lately.

Hey guys

Soon im gonna build a new gaming pc. Which i ll use mainly for gaming but also for rendering and maby then i start streaming. So 5820k would be a great start to this projekt.

Hey Linus Media Group

Im still currently building a machine but my wallet is getting destoyed, this will help :)

Ill be using it for mostly for video editing :)

Hi guys

I intend to change the gaming industry in Brazil , maybe that's a lot, but it's a start this dream.

I would build my first enthusiast grade system and use it in place of my current 10 year old system.

if i win this! i can make a 3d scene in 3ds max without thinking how many poly i use and render it to a high reso image.hahahaha merry christmas linustechtips... more power and awesomeness computah. haha

It would be the prefect reason for doing a much wanted, but difficult to justify upgrade from my current 2600k. Which in turn frees up my current mobo + CPU to give my brother a little kick-start in switching from gaming on an electric heater (always overheating laptop) to a proper gaming pc.

Oh GOD :D I could so desperatly need this for proper content creation. It is the most attractive CPU currently available to my mind and I would definetly use it instead of those intending to sell it.
Winning this CPU would make the move to the x99 platform so much more attractive.

I know there is a lot of competition, but let's just try and maybe I have the chance to win one :)
Thanks for the giveaway.

Due to the fact that I am a hobbiest basically a gamer, animator, programmer, modeller and more, I would like to have a good CPU with multitasking! :)

I would make myself a powerful video-editing setup. I don't have money for that myself, as I am a student.

Nice giveaway! Who doesn't need a state of the art cpu :)

I would use it in my workstation for... well... rendering, compiling and other stuff

Ryzen 5 5600, 32GB DDR4, GTX 3070Ti, Acer Predator x34

InWin 901

INTEL 5820K GIVEAWAY DECEMBER 19-26

Our friends over at Intel have been generous enough to provide us with 2 Core i7 5820K 6-Core Processors to give away to the community! Think of it as an awesome holiday present from Intel to the community :)

How do I enter?
Leave a comment below to enter the draw. One comment (entry) per user.

This is a worldwide giveaway.

Also, please mention in your comment what you would do with the processor if you were to win this giveaway! (This will not affect who wins in any way - winners are chosen at random, this is just a way to add a bit of cool community interaction to the contest) Are you a budding streamer or video editor who will use the extra cores for multi-tasking? Would this chip act as the missing piece for a set of workstation components that you've been eyeing?

Entries close December 26 at 4pm PT, so be sure to leave you comment here before that time. The winner will be selected on December 27.

I'll use it as an excuse to get an Asus X99-Deluxe so I can get matching white components :)

"lolwatrudoin"

"i do what i want"

i7 5820k? 

Yes please, been planning for new build for a long time :D

s t u f f

Spoiler

i7-5960x | 32Gb 2400Mhz | Titan Xp | Define R6 | Custom Loop

Would like the I7 5820K so i can upgrade to the new 2011-3 chipset. Still using 1366 i7 920.
GAMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd love a 5820k, not a streamer or a video editor, but I would build a kickass build around it!!!

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |