Tribler is making BitTorrent anonymous and impossible to shut down

TopWargamer

In other news Researches: Despite numerous MPAA lawsuits, the sky will remain blue.

The sky isn't blue...

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

at somepoint we will achieve singularity , then even if someone has the information , everyone has it , what will they do then ? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Much blue talk, such irrelevancy.

Torrenting is a great way of sharing the load between multiple nodes for i.e. a new OS-release or similar projects. The piracy part will have it's "fair" share of the cake as well - ofc - but torrenting per se isn't something we won't to get rid of any way.

The sky keeps on spectrelish.

Linux: The operating system with a CLUE; Command Line User Environment.

❤ Linux 

Before you post we already knew that please read the (full) article first...

Also I know some guys of the research team(not really well but still), really cool guys by the way.

Build log "Whiplash" : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/158477-the-hero/

Whiplash: 4790k@4,4Ghz|Maximus VII Hero|4x4Gb Red/Black HyperX fury 1866Mhz|R9 290 Tri-X|Modded 450D|Sleeved cables on a M12II evo 850W|M500 480Gb| BenQ XL2411T@144Hz

Laptop: 4700MQ|16Gb@1600Mhz|Quadro 1100M|1080P|128Gb SSD|500Gb 7200RPM hdd

Water is colorless, tasteless and odorless.

You are right, except for rain but thats more from plants and wildlife.  But, that raises a question.  Why is the sea blue?  

You are right, except for rain but thats more from plants and wildlife.  But, that raises a question.  Why is the sea blue?  

Other long wavelength colors are absorbed quicker (into the water) than blue.  The water has to be extremely pure and without debris though.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Bittorrent cant be shut down, that much is obvious. 

However. Its potential use is vastly underestimated by those researchers. 
As a sync tool, method of getting information from en to people or "leaking" documents it is extremely powerfull.
This also makes it a perfect tool for illegal downloads, Time4Popcorn / Popcorntime etc etc.

Case:
I'm working at a local retailer selling computers, ipads, display's etc etc. Yesterday a client walks in and asks how she can output her movies from a Macbook Air to her Tv.
Sure, just use an AppleTV, very easy etc etc something apple ecosystem etc. However it turns out she want her Time4Popcorn stream to output to her nice plasma Tv.
No Can Do.

After selling her a minidisplay to HDMI cable I asked some more about why she used a torrenting program and what she knew about it.
Me: Why use time4popcorn and not use Netflix (etc) ? Since Time4popcorn is a bittorrent based system and governments constantly try to take them down.
She: Dont know, they did have 2 days downtime due to maintanance
Me: No that was a DDOS attack /  they got shut down again.
She: oh... i had no idea.

My point is, acces tot content should and COULD be far better, even including the use of bittorrent (sync).
Netflix and Hulu (etc) are gaining a lot of ground. Why? Because its easy. Those researchers might want to include that little fact in their conclusion ;)

Also, this (pretty funny) video explains a lot about the fear "they" have for piracy. Click here to view the TED talk. (The 8 Billion iPod by Rob Reid)

Cake or Death?

Other long wavelength colors are absorbed quicker than blue.  The water has to be extremely pure and without debris though.

woah.  

post-42942-0-94428000-1419151925.gif

Other long wavelength colors are absorbed quicker (into the water) than blue.  The water has to be extremely pure and without debris though.

Yeah this. The minerals absorbed into water just happen to absorb other light and reflect blue/green light back. Exact same thing in the sky (just replace minerals with gases)

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

am i being stupid or can the ISP not just filter out p2p traffic, they have the ability to shape p2p traffic effectively limiting the bandwidth taken by a particular protocol why cant they do that but make it 0. 

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

piracy will take a huge decrease if big producers will bite the bullet and make the films alot easier to obtain, the reason so many people pirate is because its so easy, i mean in 2 minutes you can have a film downloaded, to people pirate shows some sort of freedom you can basically stop the major coprations from getting all the money. so its simple make stuff easier to download and only sell it for the minimum price you possible can. if this happened i know of at least 20 people who would stop pirating.

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

In some countries they are not allowed to block users from certain ports or protocols, at least here in the Netherlands they aren't I believe... You could essentially see that as some kind of censorship since p2p itself is not really illegal. It's just the fact that a lot of content shared via p2p is copyrighted in some way. But same goes for that, laws for seeding and providing services like the piratebay does are different per country.

Build log "Whiplash" : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/158477-the-hero/

Whiplash: 4790k@4,4Ghz|Maximus VII Hero|4x4Gb Red/Black HyperX fury 1866Mhz|R9 290 Tri-X|Modded 450D|Sleeved cables on a M12II evo 850W|M500 480Gb| BenQ XL2411T@144Hz

Laptop: 4700MQ|16Gb@1600Mhz|Quadro 1100M|1080P|128Gb SSD|500Gb 7200RPM hdd

Yeah this. The minerals absorbed into water just happen to absorb other light and reflect blue/green light back. Exact same thing in the sky (just replace minerals with gases)

Its scattering of light, not absorbing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rayleigh_scattering

If it were due to absorbtion the sun would also look blue

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

:lol:  I'd rather discuss the colour of the sky xD 

It seems more fun  :D

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

In other news: water's clear.

At least they're confirming what we already know...

Water is clear? The sea here is brown

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

get a vpn service and have unlimited access to movies,games,software,music .. no need of hulu or netflix 

So you think every single person using torrent programs will buy a vpn? i think not. There ill be a huge decrease in it most likely thousands of times less people if not even less. 

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

you don't always need a vpn... i recently started one.... get one of those online proxies..... 

so you are tunneling all your p2p through a proxy? sounds slow as fuck 

EDIT: also you would always need a vpn as your ISP can see what type of protocol is being used otherwise, its no good using a proxy to go to the site... data has a flags which say what its for... for a website its usually just http for bit torrent you have uTP, UDP TCP 

Its scattering of light, not absorbing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rayleigh_scattering

If it were due to absorbtion the sun would also look blue

Yeah, I was just being simplistic in my response, smart ass :P

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

When money is no longer necessary, WHO IS YOUR GOD NOW?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Why would you close bittorrent?  It in itself is not illegal, its a great filesharing system.  People just use it for illegal shit

After visiting Tribler's forum, I would have to recommend staying away from this for awhile yet!

First off, users are reporting that it isn't working anyway..

Secondly, some users are reporting Copyright Notices from their ISP because "while Tribler is running (downloading or otherwise) it will be acting as an exit point for other Tribler clients. These other users are basically using your connection to get the download from the seeder. As far as [your ISP] knows, *you* are downloading these torrents."

get a vpn service and have unlimited access to movies,games,software,music .. no need of hulu or netflix 

So you think every single person using torrent programs will buy a vpn? i think not. There ill be a huge decrease in it most likely thousands of times less people if not even less. 

you don't always need a vpn... i recently started using one.... get one of those online proxies..... 

that's assuming countries like India can even afford to pay fora Subscription for VPN using a credit card, coz trust me , no one owns a credit card here, and these USA companies don't do Debit, and the rules of Indian Bank don't allow linking of Debit card to paypal , and then there's the sad fact where 1$ = 55 rupees and 1 Euro is abt 85 rupees , i'd be paying 50 times more for everything if converted into Indian rupees , NO , i can never afford netfix or hulu or even be able to maintain to pay it monthly , the only reason i buy games is because the games in India are cheap , it used to 9$ , then EA bastards increased to 14$ , now the games are abt 20$ at launch dates in India (Rs .1799/-) , and i do watch most of the movies in theater and pirate them when they release online , and some movies that just wont release in India , and some tv shows that they censor the crap out of , like game of thrones or dexter, they do not contain any nudity , whole scenes are censored and edited out before its aired on TV, also TV shows never air on air date in India , they wait until the a season is fully released and air it from Mon-Fri and switch shows, so all the shows in the world that are being aired right now in USA, they dont exist in India until next year , they are still airing the previous season  , you see it's the fact i can't access any content properly and it's too costly for indian market and when i want to buy they don't allow me to pay with any method possible i pirate it . and i am thank ful for torrentz, coz if not for it , i would not have watched any TV shows or movies in India atleast without Indan govt censoring everything , (seriously, you will never see nudity or even a sewer words in TV or movies in India )

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

In other news: water's clear.

At least they're confirming what we already know...

not always :o

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015