Tribler is making BitTorrent anonymous and impossible to shut down

TopWargamer

The goverment seems to think that sites like ThePirateBay are driven by a single person or a small group of people. 

Oh boy, if they only knew what's behind these kind of sites. But the real question is, does anyone actually know?

impossible ot shut down & impossible to finish downloads :P

99.99% finished 1434 years 3 days 16 hours 14 minutes 32 seconds left to complete the download xD

Details separate people.

Yeah, I was just being simplistic in my response, smart ass :P

just a perfectionist physicist here :P cant help myself

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

just a perfectionist physicist here :P cant help myself

I approve of that mentality.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Did this post got deleted and re made ? coz the post url is different and my notifications take me to old URL which says error 

OP : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/273856-researchersbittorrent-impossible-to-shut-down/

this post : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/272768-tribler-is-making-bittorrent-anonymous-and-impossible-to-shut-down/

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Thought police.

is it a crime having a thought to kill someone in their head ? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Did this post got deleted and re made ? coz the post url is different and my notifications take me to old URL which says error 

OP : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/273856-researchersbittorrent-impossible-to-shut-down/

this post : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/272768-tribler-is-making-bittorrent-anonymous-and-impossible-to-shut-down/

It was a repost. The mods merged the thread with mine. 

COMIC SANS

Apart from the whole VPN discussion, paying for content is fine for as long as its a reasonable fee and easy.
Even SONY got an offer from Bittorrent for releasing 'The Interview'. Click HERE te read the article.

There is a very bright future for torrenting / VPN's as long as it complements what the industrie has to offer in terms of service and quality.

When there is no service or quality (like limited netflix acces etc) then people will always turn to less legal options.

For example: Both in the Netherlands and USA Netflix does not offer Stargate SG1 while they DO offer the original movie.
Yet I wish to rewatch SG1 starting January first. Torrents are widely available but i'd be more then happy to pay a small fee to get acces to those.

In the end it all comes down to having acces to content and being offered new content fast enough. Without DRM, high prices (I'm looking at you iTunes grrr!) or only parts of series that have been out for years now.

Simply 'plundering the world via VPN' can not and should not be the answer to this debate imho.

Cake or Death?

Shhhhh, Quiet :)

Also, Water does taste like something.

Just a side note: Water only tastes like something if it's impure.

FYI: Most water is impure (mineralized water - eg: tap water). You're tasting the impurities in the water, the minerals, etc, that are leeched into the water from ground basins and rivers, etc.

Pure distilled water is tasteless. With that in mind, you shouldn't drink pure water, since it will start the leech the minerals out of your body :P

On topic: Interesting idea for a piece of software. I'll wait until it has been fully reviewed and fixed and vetted before I even attempt to use it.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just a side note: Water only tastes like something if it's impure.

FYI: Most water is impure (mineralized water - eg: tap water). You're tasting the impurities in the water, the minerals, etc, that are leeched into the water from ground basins and rivers, etc.

Pure distilled water is tasteless. With that in mind, you shouldn't drink pure water, since it will start the leech the minerals out of your body :P

On topic: Interesting idea for a piece of software. I'll wait until it has been fully reviewed and fixed and vetted before I even attempt to use it.

I might have to try that, I am a super taster and have always loathed being told that you can't taste water. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.