Best torrent software?

Yayap7

I know this can be a touchy subject and so I understand if Mods will lock this thread, although I haven't found anything regarding not having theses posts. 

So what's the best torrent program out there?

Which one are you using?

I mainly know of UTorrent but It seems like there are security issues and whatnot with that one..

I don't need many features, just a solid torrent program that works well.

The reason why I'm asking about this is because OCRemix has their Mega Torrent file of 3,000 remixes and I am wanting to download that as well as Humble Bundle games possibly.

I am not looking for torrent programs to pirate other programs, games, or other media.

--Desktop--                                                                 

Vanya                                                              

MSI B550M Pro-VDH WIFI

AMD Ryzen 5600X

Radeon RX 6600TX

G.Skill TridentZ Neo DDR4 3600Mhz  16 x 2

uTorrent is just fine. No security issues, but really disturbing ads if you opt for free version.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

BITTORRENT?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
                                                                                      :o 

uTorrent is just fine. No security issues, but really disturbing ads if you opt for free version.

you can remove them just go in swtting and blah blah blah and yeah no more ads

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
                                                                                      :o 

you can remove them just go in swtting and blah blah blah and yeah no more ads

that's uTorrent Plus.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

utorrent is good, just either don't look at the ads or get the plus version

Please use http://pcpartpicker.com/ for everybodones sake!

and quote me if you want me to see a reply please :)

pewpewpewphysicslazers!!!

Utorrent is what i use, but the new versions urk me.

I use like version 2.0.1 from like 2010 or something

http://www.oldversion.com/windows/utorrent-2-0-1

Has no ads, does what I need. 

No particular reason I use uTorrent, no advantages that I go to it for, but it's what I'm used to. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I switched around a couple torrent software after uTorrent went commercial, ended up with Tixati. I like it thus far, been using it for over a year now and haven't got a problem with it, it's highly customizable as well.

2ivy0xs.jpg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

What kind of ads are on utorrent that scare you guys so much? 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

I use Tixati.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

you can disable the ads in the free version

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Hmm ok, good input.

Thanks for the suggestions and clarifications!

--Desktop--                                                                 

Vanya                                                              

MSI B550M Pro-VDH WIFI

AMD Ryzen 5600X

Radeon RX 6600TX

Utorrent or go home. As for ads, don't stare at them. No real reason to constantly stare at a client meant to run in the background anyway.

Between uTorrent and Tixati, which one uses less activity on CPU and such?

I don't have a fast net connection(7Mb/s down and 1.2mb/s up) and I know torrents can sometimes take a long time to download so I don't want to taking up a lot of usage in the background.

--Desktop--                                                                 

Vanya                                                              

MSI B550M Pro-VDH WIFI

AMD Ryzen 5600X

Radeon RX 6600TX

Between uTorrent and Tixati, which one uses less activity on CPU and such?

I don't have a fast net connection(7Mb/s down and 1.2mb/s up) and I know torrents can sometimes take a long time to download so I don't want to taking up a lot of usage in the background.

Does it matter? The difference is trivial at best. You might as well be able to save a similar amount of processing time by not moving your mouse as often. 

As for utorrent, 2.2.1 or a previous legacy version is going to be the best. 

I use Deluge. Open source and is created in Python and GTK+. It's a simple program and has a bit of plugins from the community. It's not the most popular but I don't do any fancy torrenting myself, mainly anime.

I personally use Transmission, as it is simple to use and is just there in most Linux distros (thus no extra installs necessary aside from in windows).

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

i use the built in manager in torch, it's a web browser based on chromium with a couple of really useful add-ons

Insert Sarcasm / Raging / Bragging / Inspirational Crap Here.