Best torrent software?

Yayap7

Between uTorrent and Tixati, which one uses less activity on CPU and such?

I don't have a fast net connection(7Mb/s down and 1.2mb/s up) and I know torrents can sometimes take a long time to download so I don't want to taking up a lot of usage in the background.

So little that the task manager reports up to 4% cpu usage while downloading on my CPU. (Though it was mostly at 0~1%)

But really, it's not noticeable. I've often let it run in the background while gaming and haven't noticed any problem.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Do any of these programs have any hiccups with pausing a download, putting the computer to sleep, waking it up and then starting the download again?

Are there ways to verify(within the software) that it downloaded the full file(s) correctly?

--Desktop--                                                                 

Vanya                                                              

MSI B550M Pro-VDH WIFI

AMD Ryzen 5600X

Radeon RX 6600TX

G.Skill TridentZ Neo DDR4 3600Mhz  16 x 2

I've used Qtorrent, Utorrent, Deluge, Vuze and Tixaxi

Deluge, Vuze Classic mode and Tixaxi are my picks.

Currently using Tixaxi, have so far always had relatively full speed in all things within reason of course (seed:peer ratio). Super lightweight as well.

In conjuction, Daxtars Shutdown Timer, a great bit of kit, software that will shutdown/restart/logoff however you want with an hours or minutes timer.

Increments in variable,... '256' minutes or hourly blocks,..4 hours, whatever you want. Handy to have.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Do any of these programs have any hiccups with pausing a download, putting the computer to sleep, waking it up and then starting the download again?

Are there ways to verify(within the software) that it downloaded the full file(s) correctly?

Using the scheduler in Tixati, I've easily managed to set it so it stops all downloads after a certain time and restart them at another time. As well as shutting down the PC immediately when all downloads are completed or at a specific time.

If you want it to sleep, there is the "allow system suspend when all downloads complete", which rely on your PC to put itself to sleep by itself.

As for actually waking it up... I don't know. I don't see that option. But could probably be done using the task scheduler of windows if you want it at a specific time.

And yes, using the "force check" right click option, but it shouldn't be an issue 99.99% of the time... I sure haven't had to use that in a looong time.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

If you don't mind tinkering a bit, rTorrent is probably the most powerful client there is. That's what I use on my seedbox. At home, I use KTorrent when on Linux. KTorrent is amazing. Absolute power house. It's open source so its free and there are no ads. Its far more powerful than uTorrent. When I use Windows, I use Deluge. Its also open source and has a really strong community behind it. I've never had any issues with it. My only complaint with Deluge is there isn't a way to ban, kick, or snub peers. But there might be a plugin for that, I'm not sure.

that's uTorrent Plus.

no i dont have plus and i removed the ads.

just go to option

prefrences

advanced and now go look for all the ones that say add or ad.

or just go to the internet and look it up.

trust mi it werks

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
                                                                                      :o 

Utorrent is what i use, but the new versions urk me.

I use like version 2.0.1 from like 2010 or something

http://www.oldversion.com/windows/utorrent-2-0-1

Has no ads, does what I need. 

No particular reason I use uTorrent, no advantages that I go to it for, but it's what I'm used to. 

same with me.

Bittorrent because it has all the functionality I want and the colour scheme looks really nice.

Just make sure to download build 35704 or earlier otherwise it will not let you disable the adds even through the advanced settings.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

no i dont have plus and i removed the ads.

just go to option

prefrences

advanced and now go look for all the ones that say add or ad.

or just go to the internet and look it up.

trust mi it werks

On newer versions it automatically switches them back on so stick to whatever version you are using btw.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

i think Adblock Plus gets rid of the ads in uTorrent

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

On newer versions it automatically switches them back on so stick to whatever version you are using btw.

kk.

i think Adblock Plus gets rid of the ads in uTorrent

its not in a browser

its not in a browser

i thought the same thing, but i used to get ads in utorrent but now i don't for some reason ever since i installed APB

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Vuze Leap (super simple version, maybe too simple)

Dont like uTorrent, if you want to run it 24/7 then dont pick it. After about a week it will stop downloading ANYTHING (new torrents and running torrents). Currently looking for a replacement (something with a Web UI with mutliple download folder (preferably multiple user support) that looks good)

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro

Anyone who said uTorrent or Bittorent are crazy. They are both filled with advertisements and useless crap. Download qBittorrent, it is opensource and multiplatform and works great.

I really like vuze. Ive tryed them all and like vuze the best

ill agree if you mean classic vuze

I like uTorrent, you can even control it by the means of an Android app and send a link to the torrent from there. Pretty neat stuff.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!