CPU: intel i7 3970x

MOBO: msi x79a gd45 (8d)

RAM: corsair dimm 16gb 1600mhz / pc3 12800

GPU: sapphire technology radeon 7970 oc edition

SSD: kingston hyperx 3k 120gb

PSU: cooler master silent pro mII 1000watt

CASE: cooler master cosmos 2

CPU COOLER: corsair h100i

post below because if you have any better ideas oh and this is my first build so help will be much appreciated. i am from ireland aswell so i have a budget of 2000 to 2700 euro

Hey,

I don't know how much editing you are into, but i think the 3970x isn't worth the money in comparison to an i7 3770k. Also a 1000 Watt PSU for a single GPU is overpowered. I would go with a PSU about 750 Watt and you have enough room. If you do Video editing you should get a HDD with 1TB or so, a 120 gb ssd isn't that much space.

If you're editing photos just a couple of times an i5 3750k equals the power of an i7 3770k in games and is still powerfull enough for the editing part.

That's my first opinion on this, with some more information we can help you more. Maybe other members have a better solution :)

Greetz

anks thekoerby but i think ill leave the psu because i will be betting more then one graphics card in the future and thanks for telling me about the cpu ill probally go with the i7 3770k. i also forgot to add in the hdds but i plan on getting two 2 tb hard drives.

If you're doing video editing, a 3930K will do. But if you're doing anything less demanding, a 3770K should work great.

As for PSU, I would recommend the Silverstone Strider 750w Plus. A 1000w is way too much.

Any reason why you're getting the Cosmos II?

thanks cxz i might just do that. thanks dchen12 im going to leave the psu because in the future i will be putting 4 gpus in it and also the case is one of only a few cases that support 4 gpus and i think it also looks nice

Honestly I think you should stick with a 3770k. The 3930k isn't that much better, and your money would be better spent on harddrives and perhaps a second graphics card.

My 3770k handles everything so far. Youtube, Photoshop, even 3d rendering is just out of the park.

What sort of system do you have now?

Desktop: CPU: i7 3770k OC: 4.0 GHZ | CPUCooler: Corsair H100i | GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCU2 | Motherboard: Gigabyte z77x-ud5h | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 gig, 1600 mhz | PSU: Corsair AX860 | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Storage: Corsair Force 3 120 gb, Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

Periphirals: Keyboard: Logitech g710+ | Mice: Desktop: Razer Imperator Battlefield 3 Edition. Laptop: Razer Deathadder 3.5g edition | Mousepads: Desktop: Razer Goliathus Control Extended edition Laptop: Razer Goliathus Control edition | Sound stuff: Bose Companion 2 speakers (Free yay), Beyerdynamic DT-770 250 Ohm.

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad Edge e540: CPU: i7 4702mq | GPU: Nvidia Geforce gt740 | RAM: 8 gig of some brand | Storage: 1 TB of some brand 5400 rpm | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

Couple of issues I see with that build or rather just points of interest. I personally am not a big fan of CoolerMaster PSU's based on previous experience with them. I would recomend seeing as you think you're going to SLI in future something like the Corsair AX860i or if you think you're going to go for 4 cards (which personally I find to be a waste) the 1200i. Also as mentioned the 3970x, unless you're doing really high end editing and rendering can be dropped down to a 3930K or 3770K. If on the off chance you are doing serious work, I would also look into an Intel Xeon based workstation build.

I noticed you also listed 7 Home Premium - from memory the maximum recognized RAM for this is 16gb so if you ever feel like upgrading you're limited by that cap. I personally would get 8 and if you need the start bar, buy or download a third party app for it.

Also, what are you doing for storage other than the SSD?

He said he'll get 2 2tb hdds so it will be fine if they will be configured in RAID 0..otherwise, nice build man!

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

thanks guys nillas12 i dont have a build at the momment that is why i want to get the one listed above and thanks windspeed for your info my friend has windows 7 home premium and his recgonises 32gb perfectly fine

thanks guys nillas12 i dont have a build at the momment that is why i want to get the one listed above and thanks windspeed for your info my friend has windows 7 home premium and his recgonises 32gb perfectly fine
Then it's not home premium. Basic is capped at 8, home premium at 16 and the rest at 192.

He said he'll get 2 2tb hdds so it will be fine if they will be configured in RAID 0..otherwise, nice build man!
My mistake