What's your GOTY 2014?

Master Disaster

Although the game has been out for 10 years. WoW's Warlords of Draenor expansion has to be my GOTY.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Dark Souls 2. Put so many hours into that and even watched a ton of videos and streams of other people playing it. Super hyped for the "expansion" (if you could call Scholar of the First Sin that).

I haven't even thought of this myself. I'm not particularly excited about any game that came out this year, but if I had to choose one it'd be Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. I haven't played since Pearl, but when I heard about a remake of RSE I had to get in on it. I'm already over 100 hours in and still going strong. Most of the games that came out this year were really lackluster, unfortunately.

Honorable mentions; Nidhogg, South Park SoT, Dark Souls II, MK8, NHL15, Shadow of Mordor, Bayonetta 2, and SSB.

Alien: Isolation and South Park would be my picks, but that's probably because I really enjoy South Park and all the Alien movies 

yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why

2014 has been a weird year for me and gaming. I got a wii-u and had a blast with the games on that, but I also played a lot of games on pc... If I had to choose i would pick either Bayonetta 2 or The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, myself and my stream viewers enjoyed those two games the most this year. 

Watch me live on twitch every night! Click Here♥

I haven't really played anything that can out this year, mainly because I'm still working through my backlog of games that are several years old. I did play The Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead S2. TWAU had the better start, but WD2 had the better ending. Too tough to say...

Shadow of Mordor is the one AAA game that made the cut for me this year.

Shadow of Mordor, easily. Ethan Carter was really great aswell. Honorable mentions to Destiny, WoW:WoD, CoD:AW.

Battlefield 4 ... totally loved it and spent way too much time playing it.

WoW, Warlord of Draenor ... I was amazed with what Blizzard did with this expac. It only held me interested for a month but they really did a good job of this one.

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

I haven't bought any 2014 release games on PC this year - bought a whole lot of older games like Witcher 1 & 2, Mass Effect 1 & 2... Partially because I was too cheap to spend the money on anything new, partially because I wasn't all that interested in a lot of things or things were disappoints, but mainly because I haven't had a computer capable of playing any of them for the last 6 months.

Actually the only two new-release games I bought this year were Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire and I've played the shiznit out of them... I'll probably pick up Super Smash Bros. early next year.

Of the games I really wanted to play but haven't yet, I'd say Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age: Inquisition would probably get my votes.

But honestly I don't think 2014 has been that big, now 2015 on the other hand should be pretty awesome.

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

Octodad: Dadliest catch

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Shadow of Mordor HANDS DOWN! I wish I got it on PC but I have it on Xbox One :C

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

dragon age inquisition

How is it? I have never played DA games before but DAI looked interesting. I was about to buy it and read some reviews...everyone saying its a console game and terribly ported onto PC, thoughts?

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

How is it? I have never played DA games before but DAI looked interesting. I was about to buy it and read some reviews...everyone saying its a console game and terribly ported onto PC, thoughts?

yep the pc port has a lot of issues and i might suggest getting it for your xb1. played it on the ps4 btw.

really enjoyed it

My GOTY is Shadow of Mordor as well.

MSI X99S SLI PLUS  // Intel Core i7-5960X Processor (8 x 3.0 GHz) // Corsair Hydro Series H80i Cooling // 32 GB DDR4 High End Crucial 2133 MHz RAM

2 x 4096 MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 //2 x 500 GB SATA III Samsung 840 EVO SSD // 4000 GB SATA III, 7200upm // 1000 Watt Silverstone Strider SS //Creative Sound Blaster Z

Cooler Master Cosmos II Big Tower (ATX)

Lichdom Battlemage was the only recent game I remember playing this year.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

Dark Souls 2, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8. 

Honorable mention. Shadows of Mordor, Super Smash Bros.

Honorable honorable mention. Wolfenstein, South Park, Alien Isolation.  

Most overrated game I have ever played. Dragons Age Inquisition. Single player MMO crap (and I like MMO's), horrible story, horrible controls, wannabe Skyrim that isn't really open world. Mass Effect 3 looks like a masterpiece compared to DA:I and that game had some major flaws. Dragon Age feels like it was a mediocre planned MMO that EA decided would fail, that got turned into a RPG late in development. I would rather level a character in SWTOR than play that game, which was WAY more fun than DA:I. I can only imagine that people who like the game have never played an MMO. Hell I think leveling in Guild Wars 2 was more fun than Dragon Age Inquisition. It is like they took the worst part of MMO's and did that poorly, without the MMO elements. What a turd of a game. 

Game of the year. Dark Souls II. I will probably never play it again, but it was a great game that kept me busy for a long time and left me with a sense of accomplishment which games rarely do now days. The lows and highs in that game were incredible. I don't think I have ever had a game tick me off that much or make me want to do fist pumps when I did things right. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Most of them are shite.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is mediocre but still GOTY.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I'd say the game perform very well, not excellent but very well. It does feel like a console game rather than PC but saying it's terribly ported onto PC is an exaggeration for me. AC:Unity is terribly ported onto PC. DA:I is done pretty well, definitely not the best in history, but certainly isn't terrible if you look into 2014 games lineup.

It is a GOTY material, I'm not surprise if people is giving it GOTY but I still don't think it really deserves an award. Having said that, I dont know if I can give GOTY to any other games other than DA:I as well. It's a fun game for me. I didn't get tired of it after 40hours of playing. Shadow Of Mordor while it's good but I get tired of it after 3 hours of playing. I didn't even finish it. I can't find anything interesting out of Shadow of Mordor outside of Nemesis system. I'd say South Park: Stick of Truth is strong contender but I didn't play it so I can't really say it for myself. 

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

Goat sim , hands down. so many schenanagins in that game (if you can call it a game at that lol)

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Transistor. I saw the gameplay and seems like very well build.

Goat sim , hands down. so many schenanagins in that game (if you can call it a game at that lol)

Well that's a bit GOATY

Ok that was bad...

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

Haven't really played a lot of new games this year, but of the ones I've tried I'd say Dragon Age: Inquisition.