What's your GOTY 2014?

Master Disaster

With less than 3 weeks left in 2014 I thought now was a good time to ask the question, what's been your favourite game released this year?

One rule, it must have been released in 2014, other than than it can be AAA or Indie, any genre, any platform.

Post away peeps.

Mine is an easy one, I really enjoyed playing through Wolfenstien TNO, Alien Isolation, Shadow Of Mordor & Titanfall (online) but GOTY would be (surprisingly) COD AWs SP campaign. The exo suit and verticality made the game so different it was like a different game, really enjoyed it for the first time since BO1.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I honestly don't know. Out of the games that I have played that have been released this year, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare has to be my favorite.

My friend and I played it on his 360 as a team, and I had 150+ kills and he had 50+ kills. And that was my first time playing it. :D I only died like 5 times in about an hour of playing it. Him... About 20.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (9TB partition for general storage + 2TB partition for dumping ground), 4x 8TB WD White Label/Red (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700, 2x16GB Mushkin Redline (stuck at 2133MHz CL13), 240GB Corsair MP510, 130w Dell power brick, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Hmm, Bayonetta 2 on the WiiU was pretty great, but so is Super Smash Bros WiiU.

On the indie scene, i would have to say The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Mine would be SMITE (Third-person shooter MOBA). They launched in this year (US: March 25, 2014), and their 2015 Smite Word Championship prize pool (January 8, 2015), which is player funded, is nearing $2,000,000.

Besides the decent pro scene, they have great casual and ranked content. The game play is always exciting and intriguing. HiRez, the developer, seems to have learned from Tribes as well and treats their players very well with frequent promotions and content. While the game has come under criticism for poor matchmaking (it has a relatively small player base compared to the "big 2" [LoL and DotA2], but still is the third largest MOBA), every game is fun and you feel like you're playing a god even if you are down. Because the game is so fun regardless of winning, once you make it to max level 30, toxicity is nearly non-existent (but like any toxic players, when you meet one, you've met one...).

This year I've played many games and I keep coming back to SMITE.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

hmmm, don't know yet

Haven't played much games released this year

Went back to old games, most of the time spent on Witcher 2

Watch Dogs could have been mine, but with its release disaster ...  :(

Finally got PS4 Pro

Tekken 5

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

i have not played any games released in 2014. i have no opinion! 

Mine is an easy one, I really enjoyed playing through Wolfenstien TNO, Alien Isolation, Shadow Of Mordor & Titanfall (online) but GOTY would be (surprisingly) MOH AWs SP campaign. The exo suit and verticality made the game so different it was like a different game, really enjoyed it for the first time since BO1.

Maybe I'm getting old but what does the bold stand for? 

I feel like I didn't play enough games from 2014 to really choose but I'd like to see other people's picks. Maybe it will give me an idea of what to get in the next Steam sale.

Medal Of Honor: Advanced Warfare :)

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Medal Of Honor: Advanced Warfare :)

Is that a full game or an expansion pack or something?

Is that a full game or an expansion pack or something?

Err yeah. I'm dumb as fuck lol.

That would be COD AW not MOH.

Wow that was a severe brain fart.

Err yeah. I'm dumb as fuck lol.

That would be COD AW not MOH.

Wow that was a severe brain fart.

Ah makes sense now as I couldn't find any Medal of Honor game released this year. 

mm, I'd say shadow of Mordor, just because it surprised me so much!

i7-4770k @3.5GHz | 2 EVGA gtx 780 SC ACX in SLI | AsRock Xtreme4 z87 | Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 | Corsiar HX-850 | NZXT Phantom 410 |                                                                                                                                                   CoolerMaster Siedon 120XL AIO Water Cooler | X-Star 1440p 27"

Half life 3: not enough lives

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Metal Gear RIsing. *on PC, Jan 9th.

Murdered Soul Suspect.

Theatrythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call.

Lego: Batman 3.

Rising is pushing it, because it was released on other platforms last year, but I was really stuck at thinking of other games that came out that I thoroughly enjoyed playing.

Even still, it's pushing it because none of these four I could stand for long periods of gaming, but they were a lot better than a lot of the games I played this year that were both released this year or older.

Gaming in the past year was just pathetic, because a lot of developers are just horrible. Older games got away with so much more because of limitations but these days you can do so much and yet games are still so fucking boring and sub par.

Absolutely disappointing.

I think BF4 has to be my GOTY, It was very nice to see the game go from balls to playable and then to enjoyable in about six months.

What ever you consider the Phantom program to be, that was the best time I've ever had in  a game. Even though the bow Is balls its still nice to have.

Some of the map designs are just bad, if not all of them but they were still fun.

It was nice to see how dedicated these devs were and still are.

2014 just a bad year for me.  I will honorably mention Banished though. Very fun, up until the moment all your people are dying of cold, sickness, hunger, and all of the above.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

2014 was a very disappointing year for gaming. A lot of broken and overhyped games. Shadow of Mordor is the only game that stands out for me this year. The story was nice, has fun gameplay, the nemesis system was amazing, and it was very good performance wise.

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

As mentioned, 2014 was a sad year for gaming. Lots of lying and money hungry advertisements and allround bad games. The only game I've bought this whole year is Assassin's Creed 3, I've been playing ArmA 2 instead.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gnome Child.

Alien: Isolation is my GOTY 2014

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Alien isolation or grid autosport...even shadow of mordor. But i love this grid autosport..lots of cars and disciplines.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Shadow of mordor, Transistor and im hesitant to put it but This War of Mine. I dont think ive had an experience like that in a game in a long time.

I don't think I brought a new game this year unless you count the dogfighting module that star citizen release but even this is still in alpha