Mineral Oil PC Kit Giveaway

I have always wanted to do a mineral oil build. I would love a mini ITX. I will have to wait until after Christmas to get the oil but I'm totally going to be building one if I win!!!

I have always wanted to do this but was so sad to see that they no long carried the kit for my Micro ATX and man does it suck the patent punks had to come in an cause said kit to be no longer sold. if i don't get picked oh well i jsut hope that these kits get to where they need to be for those who really want to take the time to do it right  B) and yeah hate Patent punks  :angry:

ive really wanted to build a mineral oil pc for awhile now and my sister just gave me back the computer i built her cause she purchased a laptop and i was going to upgrade and convert it to a sumerged pc and this kit would make it heaps easier. I could take either model but would perfer the matx one and i could definitly send an invoice for the oil. ive just moved to california from new york for school and have been looking for something to take my mind away from home in my free time so it would be awesome to win this

Dang, huge bummer to hear about the patent troll messing this up.  It is sad to see such a great kit get hit by this BS.  

I would go for either but an ATX would be preferred.

Ah man, this sucks. i was hoping to own one of these systems in a years time. I would use a microatx i would believe, but whatever floats the boat, right? 

it really sucks that a beautiful mineral oil computer tank would be discontinued, one of these days i would love to do something along the lines of this for my desktop and possibly my xbox seeing how i don't really use disks for it any more, it would run a lot faster if i did something like this, also they just look really clean and cool.

I'de be interested in making a retro system with 1156 and a GTX 480. (MicroATX)

I would love the MATX kit because I already have parts for MATX but I would take a ITX one and get the parts needed later. I would buy the oil whenever I was notified that I was chosen to get one.. I think it would be awesome and might even try to do my own later at some point since Pugent no longer has the ability to produce them. Its too bad that patent trolls went after them and sadly I know that mineral oil PCs are a niche product... I wish the best for Pugent and hope that they at some point have the ability to produce mineral oil cases.

I will admit right now: When I saw this aquarium kit my mind went into modding overdrive for a unique liquid-cooling system. If I got this kit, I would just sit there theory crafting of what I could do before doing anything. Maybe I would go oil-submerged. Maybe I would go hybrid with waterblocks on the CPU and GPU(s). Maybe I wouldn't put oil in and just have a unique LCS layout going on inside. Point is that there are a lot of alternative uses and designs than just going full oil submerged, and because I have no idea from pictures and videos what I would even do with the kit; I can't justify the cost of the mineral oil required for the stock standard intended use since I may wind up not using it at all. This in turn makes me unelligible. Shame that. I guess we'll be seeing four identical if not for the hardware builds on the forum of oil submerged systems.

Vote for patent law reform! Patents that are left unused and do not have working physical (or logical in the form of software which is a copyright and not a patent) should not be allowed to exist. Obscure patents and patent trolling only stiffles innovation and the evolution of technology. The law must be reformed.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/6145146?
This is how you own price to performance.
"Life is too precious to be wasted in misery." -Me.

I was so excited to see you Linus build a Mineral oil cooled PC. Months ago a friend told me about these machines and since then I'm so interrested about that..

Hope you find someone who will now how to tread this maschine...

There need to be an option to buy these its such an awesome product. Screw patent trolls. Need a tech anti patent troll group that handles this stuff for small tech companies. 

Mini ITX 

Looking to build a nice media server PC. 

I guess matx would be nice, I don't have the money quite yet for the oil but that is because i was building a different rig, however, I would take everything from that build and throw it in the oil lol, that case is awesome and I was really interested in it for a while, It really sucks that there giving them trouble because I would of definitely bought one if I could of.

Massive KUDOS for Puget. Sucks they got targeted by a big bad troll.

I'd love to try a mineral oil build, I am wondering about other possible media than MO, and maybe in the future something aside from a straight up PC build. The other uses would probably have to be in another case, but things like amplifiers/receivers, vacuum tube amps (will tubes survive?), custom power supplies, and external discrete GPU arrays for mining or compute. Since that's how the big boys are doing it nowadays.

Great watch, and if I ever have the disposable income Puget will get a real consideration from me on future purchases.

I would like either one. I could definately upgrade with my three year old components lol Wish Puget the best.

This is really awesome thing and awesome project. I can't afford my self to build Mineral Oil Cooled PC but I can say one thing for sure, this is best looking PC that you can get.

I hope Puget Systems will accomplish their goals.

It's a real shame that Pudget couldn't continue to sell these kits.

I've water cooled 3 of my previous PCs and started using acrylic tubing(including bending) on the most recent one. Now water cooling is almost mundane :D

I would like to tackle the challenges of a mineral oil PC.

I would definitely do an x99 build if I got the mATX kit!

The temps on full load is worrisome.  Would turning the pump or the radiator fans up help with the temps?

Very sorry for the good fellows at puget and their being sued for the patent rights.

That patent dispute really sucks its too bad these are going away.

Puget, you made a great product, shame you cant provide it anymore. 

I've been working on plans for a hybrid thermoelectric and mineral oil PC. Core components (CPU, GPU and certain VRM's) would be cooled by a water loop cooled below ambient temperatures by multiple peltiers. The peltiers would in tern be cooled by air outside the mineral oil. The mineral oil would serve as passive cooling as well as a deterrent to condensation when cooling below ambient temperatures. There will be large amounts of insulation involved with this build as well. A mini ITX system would be preferable to keep this build a reasonable size.

My brother (a chemical engineer) and I (a mechanical engineer) have been wanting to go through with this project for a long time. Unfortunately the cost has always held us back. A case would be just the ticket to getting this project started. We would be happy to source the mineral oil if we could bring this project to reality!

Hook me up, yo. This would be a cool project to do over Winter Break :P

That's a great shame. I hope they find another venture soon. I'd like to win an itx oil tank.

-Bossnutz