CoolChip Technologies: I liked these new coolers

chitranjan

They still spin.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

It looks cool, but the fact that there's no numbers/benchmark makes me kinda skeptical

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Does look pretty snazzy, wonder what i preforms like. 

Thanks for sharing! 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

It looks cool, but the fact that there's no numbers/benchmark makes me kinda skeptical

And they use air to transfer heat to the fins. That's what we were trying to avoid for the longest time.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

downside:

you have 100+ grams of metel spinning at 500+ RPM.

if your finger touches the side of it, it WILL cut or do even more damage. I see this being a small form factor pc part that maybe is protected by a sheild. I dont see this coming to the pc building platform

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

This looks really cool. I would only buy it to replace a stock cooler though in like an HTPC or mITX build where space is everything.

or it would even be cool to see this become the new stock cooler for Intel/AMD.

I dont think its going to be an amazing breakthrough in cooling performance though.

plus this will take off fingers or at least shave skin off if touched.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I mean it would still work to an extent, it's still an active heatsink as long as you have some airflow through your case. Maybe if they use a material with a higher thermal conductivity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_X_hgtlJpA

This is a video of an engineering experiment we conducted cooling a computer by completely submerging it in liquid. This liquid submersion cooling system is NOT using mineral oil, or any type of oil cooling. This experiment was done using a chemical made by 3M called Novec™ 7000. It has a low boiling point, and leaves no residue or any trace whatsoever behind on the motherboard. The board was equipped with an i3 processor, running at 100% load. 

this is much better =)

how do i react to this

gray-zalman-cnps2x-120w-powerful-mini-it

I react with this, its main rival, if it can stomp the 2x then it will get noticed,in case you didnt know the cnps2x is the best small cooler, bar none, it beat noctuas attempt and thats all i need to say.

Also its louder than the 2x, not a "fan" of that

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

downside:

if your finger touches the side of it, it WILL cut or do even more damage. I see this being a small form factor pc part that maybe is protected by a sheild. I dont see this coming to the pc building platform

The impeller is inside the cage of fins. It's near impossible to touch the rotating portion.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

downside:

3000 rpm it says in the video?! Sounds kinda dangerous if not mounted correctly and it is not perfectly balanced. And 35db so a big no no from me.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

This is a video of an engineering experiment we conducted cooling a computer by completely submerging it in liquid. This liquid submersion cooling system is NOT using mineral oil, or any type of oil cooling. This experiment was done using a chemical made by 3M called Novec™ 7000. It has a low boiling point, and leaves no residue or any trace whatsoever behind on the motherboard. The board was equipped with an i3 processor, running at 100% load. 

this is much better =)

Not bad at all! Until you see the price tag for a gallon ~$95 U.S. 

Still I actually do like the idea. Now Just run a low-level Pelletier cooler on the condensing block and you could have some real fun!

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Neat but I doubt this will end up going anywhere. As others have also said, it seems a little dangerous (although maybe only around stupid people).

This is pretty cool. Jokes aside using this in an extremely small form factor systems like the gigabyte bricks might actually help it.

HTID

This thing looks like a rip-off of the Sandia cooler. I was really excited about the sandia but alas, it never went intonproduction

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

Works alot like a squirrel cage commonly found in a home furnace. They do push alot of air, But are quite noisy in most cases.

-snip-

Cool, but wondering about the durability of the fluid. How long until you need to change?

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

downside:

3000rpm actually xD gonna stress the Motherboard and CPU with it's weight :S

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

It loooks so similiar to the 3rd party cpu coolers from the early 2000s (the ones with entire heatsink made of cooper), before a tower design hit the market and absolutely obliterated them in terms of performance.

If it really performs that good (and i have my doubts considering how flat it is, aka theres a high chance that it will use its own exhausted, hot air, rather than sucking in new one on any MB that has a lot of elements placed around cpu - aka almost any) i still am quite afraid of the noise 100% metal, spinning fan can produce (in terms of vibration in an enclosure, unlike the open test bench from the videos)...

We will see, it may be just intended for low power small enclosures (like xbox that is already interested in it). With some form of air tunnel. Maybe even for laptops (again afraid of vibrations)

Isn't this a smaller version of the Sandia Cooler? Look it up, Sandia's been trying to get their design up to scratch for quite a while now.

Home is where the heart my desktop is.