What game will valve come up with next?

Snickerzz

Since valve refuses to make a three part game what will they make next?

Portal 2

L4D2

TF2

Half Life 2

Half Life episode 2

Dota 2 

seems like counter strike is the only 3+ part game, but its not really a series is it?

anyways back to the topic, what will they come up with next? What do you think? or do you think some year (hopefully this year) Valve will just release all of the above listed games part 3?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

They will release Half Life 3 when they've gotten their new Source engine done, until then I don't expect any new games from them... maybe better this way.

They will release Half Life 3 when they've gotten their new Source engine done, until then I don't expect any new games from them... maybe better this way.

There working on a new source engine? :O 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Source 2 and a game to roll out it with 

They will make a game out of another mod.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

They will probably make a new IP as valve cannot count to 3.

TF2 = 2 letters + 1 number = 3

Halflife 3 confirmed.

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

I actually heard a rumor about Valve planning to make Portal 3 with a new Source Engine.

CPU - Intel Core i5-4440 @ 3.1GHz | MOBO - ASUS H97-PLUS | RAM - Kingston HyperX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz |

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Storage - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate HDD, 1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD |

Chassis - Corsair 400R | PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 720W |

Valve = 5 letters - 3 letters (because of the 3 stars in Orion's belt) = 2 letters. This means that they can only make games that go up to 2 in the title.

They will need to make a new company that's called something like Xvalve (silly name, I know), so they have 3 letters over that gives them space to make third games in series.

Valve number/letter theory number 967878.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

I am pretty sure they will release half life 3 with the new source engine.

Whatever it is, I really hope it's not a new portal game, not a big fan of puzzle games and especially puzzle platformers, and no portals ''personality'' didn't make me like it, at it's core its still a puzzle platformer.

Pretty sure HL3 is going to be the next game.HL2 was a big hit , one of the best selling games on Steam.

So yeah i really really hope hl3 will be next( after they finish with dota 2)

Anything but HL3. HL3 will be out decades later with VR technology, so that you can actually BE Gordon Freeman.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Portal 3. Valve does some amazing story-telling with just background dialogue.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

They will just come with new game again because it will make more money then hl3.

The thing is Valve is a ridiculously profitable company; thanks to Steam. They don't even need to make games to stay in business. Combine that with the fact that they have no shareholders or publisher breathing down their neck and you can see why unlike other developers they don't feel that pressure to work fast and keep releasing games. Which is why they won't release HL3 (or anything) until it's really up to the standards which they intend. They have that luxury...

They need to make games to or they go out of business..

No they don't; they are the owners of Steam. Which means they make a cut out of everybody else's games. Every single game sold on Steam a bit of money goes to Valve.

Whatever valve is doing atm tough games wise it will be huge suprise.

Yes agreed they tend to be quite innovative and creative... I don't mind seeing a new IP from them and actually would like them to try making an RPG.

2 page topic, 1 user browsing... half life 3 confirmed.

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

They need to make games to or they go out of business.

Thing is you forget about team fortress 2 which makes lot profit even tough its free to play.

Even so team fortress will die out and will also need to be resurected every time with more content or will die out.

Whatever valve is doing atm tough games wise it will be huge suprise.

Dota 2 is making them more money now so its like when TF2 went f2p.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Arma 3 is in beta, 3 in Arma 3 , Half life 3 confirmed xD sorry I could do these all day. I really love these half life 3 jokes

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball